Days of Our Lives - Thurs., Sept. 10, 2015

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Thursday, September 10, 2015

So much going on today, hard to keep track. Nicole is on phone with Daniel, who is running late at hospital, will be delayed for dinner. Nicole is at a club, or nice restaurant, Kate is behind her, hears it all, decides to keep Nicole company. They exchange barbs galore, as Kate suggests they work Basic Black together, and Nicole, all smiles, refuses, several times. Kate takes off.

Theresa is talking to Brady about the same thing, he is telling her to forget it, though she shows her sketches, he thinks are pretty good, but knows that Theresa undoubtably has ulterior motives (reciting how she got him strung on coke, addicted again, off to Vegan, name on the marriage license, her name on his checking account, etc. and it is not gonna happen. He has promised to back Nicole with half the money she needs, and that is what he will do. She vows she will buy the company.

Over at her penthouse, Marlena has John bringing in the last of his belongings, has moved back in. She is still making remarks about him and the ISA, Brady arrives with flowers for Marlena, she mentions ISA, they both get on John's case about being gone, them being worried, etc. etc. Finally, she goes to the kitchen to get food, I guess, Brady goes to help, John answers the door, finds Theresa. He is cold to her, she talks of wanting to buy Basic Black, nope, he won't help, not after what she has put him, and his family through, shuts the door in her face. And of course, Kate has heard it all, eavesdropping behind a wall.

Several scenes of Bo hung up like a slaughtered cow, water being thrown on him, some guy asking him to tell what they want to know, and later zapping Bo with some sort of electric beam, (taser??) making Bo yell. The guy finally leaves. promising to be back, and leaving Bo hanging.

Aiden is overjoyed that Hope says yes, they hug, kiss, he puts the ring on her finger, gets called away, she goes to meet with Doug & Julie, tells them her news. Julie is all excited, Doug not so much, but he comes around just wanting his daughter to be happy, and she is. Later, she meets up with Aiden, relates that news, he is glad it is all o.k. Hope says Julie is already suggesting they have the wedding in conjunction with the Bi-Centenniel in November. Aiden thinks that is a splendid idea.

Eve is crying on Justin's shoulder in the interrogation room, Rafe comes in, she figures she should leave and does. Both men feel bad for her, Justin leaves as Chad comes in, comments, "look who's here". With Justin gone, Rafe nicely questions Chad a bit about the flower, but Chad doesn't live at the mansion any more. Rafe has left the room, is talking with Justin, Aiden arrives, asking why Chad is being questioned without him present. Rafe claims they were just having a conversation. Aiden goes to talk to Chad, Rafe comes in, Aiden let's him know he really has nothing, but actually, Rafe says Chad is tied to both murders now. Justin comes in, joins in the accusations, Aiden insisting they really have nothing on Chad, but Justin claims he is a material witness, therefore he can hold him for a few days (isn't it 72 hrs.?) and so is going to do so. We next see Chad being put in a cell, sitting on the cot, the cop saying to "sleep tight".

Short scene with Maggie talking with Daniel about engagement to Nicole, how she has made her peace with Nicole, is fine with it all, Daniel is happy, and she is going to be happy planning engagement parties.

Nicole meets with Daniel, who puts a thumbs down on her taking money from Brady, who will then be watching over her shoulder, micro-managing, etc.He doesn't mean to take the wind out of her sails. She laughs, nope, he hasn't, because she is ignoring what he says, and will prove him wrong.

A downhearted Theresa sits in the square, Kate comes up with chocolate bars, best replacement for a martini. They sit, talk, munch chocolate. Theresa knows who she is, tho they have never met, but Kate has her reasons for the now. They talk a bit about first starting out in business, then Kate gets Theresa to show her the sketches, says they are good...and obviously, Kate is plotting to get Theresa to work with her, and both will have Basic Black.

Eve has texted Justin to meet her, she is drinking at the Pub, trying to forget, but all she can think about is her beautiful, sweet baby. She remembers a couple of things from Paige's childhood, eventually Justin talks her into going home, he will drive her. She hates going there by herself now. They get off the elevator, she starts to cry again, talking of wishing Paige would be on the sofa, asking her how her day went. She goes to the door, sobbing, turning suddenly and kissing a startled Justin.

Is anyone else getting tired of seeing Bo only grunt or the bad guys say a few things to him? It's been almost a week of that. We get he is being held, but move it along. Have him talk to his captures at least, something other than just showing him. Waste of money to show that day after day.

I also think they could do more with Aiden. If we are to buy that getting Hope to marry him is a job, then give us something to make us believe that. I liked the scene with Kate and Theresa. Daniel was being a twit to Nicole today (and yuck at the goatee scruff on his face!).

Oh, that is exactly what I thought as well, about Bo. Of course, first thing was, hey, they are throwing water which will help wash off a lot of that dirt. Sorry. I know it was to make him wet for the electric shocks.

Is anyone else getting tired of seeing Bo only grunt or the bad guys say a few things to him? It's been almost a week of that. We get he is being held, but move it along. Have him talk to his captures at least, something other than just showing him. Waste of money to show that day after day.
Not only that, but for everyone's sake, including his own, when he gains his freedom, Bo should give up the secret agent business. Based on his current situation, he doesn't seem to be very good at it. Elsewhere, kudos go to Nicole for the humorous way she shot down Kate's self-serving blandishments about the two of them buying Basic Black. Also kudos to Aiden. This guy may be in debt to thugs and working for Stefano, but he was right on target today when talking to Justin and Rafe -- especially Justin. Finally, Marlena ought to reevaluate her comment to Jeannie T. about knowing what running Basic Black entails. Based on what's been shown on screen over the years, running Basic Black entails no work at all. In fact, Ciara and her magic backpack could probably take over the company and not miss a beat.

I find it interesting that Victor paid Xander's judgment amount to Nicole. Seems like when the circus court case first happened, Victor told Xander to go pound salt for the amount. And I remember Nicole only having the check from Serena.

I find it interesting that Victor paid Xander's judgment amount to Nicole. Seems like when the circus court case first happened, Victor told Xander to go pound salt for the amount. And I remember Nicole only having the check from Serena.
It's highly unlikely that Victor had a sudden urge to write a woman on his one-liner list a check for $250,000. It's equally unlikely that Victor suddenly had tender thoughts about the hapless X-man, or him actually "pounding salt." Perhaps, the old fox remembered all the dirty work that his nephew has done for him in recent years, and decided it would not be in his interest if anyone started to probe the now apparently destitute Xander's past "sources" of income.

I suggest that once Bo is freed from his current predicament he spend at least a week watching James Bond movies as a refresher on witty repartee. I think he would find Goldfinger especially helpful in that regard since 007 spends a large chunk of that film as a "guest" of the titular villain. The stolid, silent routine is an admirable quality for intelligence field agent but it doesn't exactly make for the most riveting television viewing.

Other than the entertaining Nicole and Kate scenes, I found today's episode a bit...lackluster. There was nothing really wrong with it, it just didn't glue me to my seat. I think it's probably because I found yesterday to be such a gut punch any follow up would pale a bit. But that's more about me as a viewer then the actual episode I suppose.

And sportzgirl is correct. Daniel did say to Nicole that he would talk to Victor about putting up the money for Xander. Inasmuch as Victor stripped Xander's accounts, in actuality, Victor has all Xander's money, so it was no sweat on his part.
I know I did not mention that Brady evidently told Marlena & John about having seen Theresa's sketches, and that she does have talent, but...of course, no one trusts her.

Wonder how Kate figures to partner up with the penniless Theresa, when she wanted to go halves a bit earlier with Nicole who HAD the money. Hmmmm.

Some weeks ago Victor said something to Xander about cleaning out or freezing all of his money. So if Victor did write a check to cover Xander's debt to Nicole, he could very well have used those funds. Last I heard she was waiting for it. So if she got it, I must have missed it.

I suggest that once Bo is freed from his current predicament he spend at least a week watching James Bond movies as a refresher on witty repartee. I think he would find Goldfinger especially helpful that regard since 007 spends a large chunk of that film as a "guest" of the titular villain. The stolid, silent routine is an admirable quality for intelligence field agent but it doesn't exactly make for the most riveting television viewing.

Other then the entertaining Nicole and Kate scenes I found today's episode a bit...lackluster. There was nothing really wrong with it, it just didn't glue me to my seat. I think it's probably because I found yesterday to be such a gut punch any follow up would pale a bit. But that's more about me as a viewer then the actual episode I suppose.
As I said in another thread, if Bo has been treated like this for 3 years, he really is one heck of a man. I imagine the smart remarks would have been said long ago.

Oh, no! Eve and Justin! Not a surprise given all the foreshadowing and Eve's proclivity for grief sex with the most inappropriate person around. But what happened to Justin's brain? Seems like he left it in Dubai, along with his personality. Maybe he'll "just say no."

I haven't seen today's show. I thought there was supposed to be some big reveal about why John is working with the ISA??

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, my gosh..........yes, there was! I truly am sorry. Near the end of the show, Marlena & Brady were ragging on him again about the ISA.........and John said he joined up again in order to use their facilities to dig into his past.

John is going to use the ISA's resources to track down this book:

271191.jpg

Back