Days of Our Lives - Thurs. Sept. 16, 2010

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives

Thursday, September 16, 2010
Episode #11419 Taped 7/19 Director – Albert Alarr

Boy, so many short little scenes. But fun stuff with Brady & Vivian, with some really good conversation between Sami & Will. A fully dressed Sami strokes the hair of a sleeping Rafe, then leaves, joining her rather despondent son, Will, at the Pub. He is toying with his breakfast, she urges him to eat, but it is cold. He is upset, wishes he had known EJ was planning on taking Johnny & Sydney, but Sami assures him there is nothing he could do, do not blame himself. Nothing is his fault, she shot EJ, she did it herself. She tells him she is sorry a few times, Will is torn up inside.
Rafe is dreaming. He walks into the bedroom, stands there looking at EJ, who starts to comment, looks past Rafe who turns and sees Will, hands clasped around a gun, which he fires at EJ. Rafe wakes up, startled.
Rafe comes into the Pub, greets Sami & Will. She says she is going to go check on EJ, & leaves, soon followed by Will, who says he has to get to class.
Later, Will returns to the Pub at the behest of Gramma Kate. Seems she has texted him to meet her. Now there is a really terrific Gramma, who insists her grandson leave school in the middle of classes, so she can tell him how much she loves him, cares about him, and would never tell anyone anything he tells her. Will has no idea what she is talking about, she figures he knows….she wants to know what he knows about EJ. Will says outside of him being shot….nothing. She is sure there is something, Will reminds her that when it comes to secrets, she herself has a big one.

Let’s go over to the mauseleum, where Brady stands all alone. He hops atop the sarcophagus, remembering how he was asking Vivian where she put his mom, and then holding her mouth as she asks what he is going to do with her. The camera pans down to the engraved inscription, and then manages to get inside, where Vivian lies on that pink satin pillow, pounding on the lid, and calling for Brady to let her out. He jumps off, gets the remote, snaps on the monitor, and goes back and forth with Viv, berating her for what she was going to do to Maggie. She talks of telling the cops how he put a poor defenseless woman into this thing, Brady laughs, since he has all those letters of her intentions. She claims that is no proof, but Brady asks what she thinks his grandfather will do when he hears what she has done with his mom. Oh, you can’t tell him, mustn’t tells him. She tells Brady she learned her lesson, let her out, but…he is tired of talking, snaps off the TV, and leaves. Camera pans to the earring on the floor, and then to Vivian inside (minus one earring) as she implores Gus to come back and find her.

Nicole is visiting EJ, telling him that she hates seeing him like this. Daniel comes in, Nicole tells him that she loved EJ once, conceived a child together, and tho she hates him now, she does not want to see him die. Daniel leaves the room, Nicole goes on a rant to EJ, telling him how much she hates him, even smacking him on the chest a few times, and in comes Arianna, yelling at her to get out of that room.
And there is Nicole, on the docks, telling someone all about Arianna getting her thrown out of the hospital, and along she comes. Nicole wants to know why Arianna is so concerned about EJ, realizing then she seems to have a crush on the guy. Arianna is yelling at Nicole about her switching babies… Nicole spits out how EJ was nice to her at first, and then began to treat her like dirt, but then she got pregnant, and he was nice again. And then she lost her baby, managed to have EJ get his own child, but then he threw them both on the street, her and Sydney, homeless and penniless. She wonders how Arianna could care about a man who made everyone believe his daughter was dead, but also managed to interfere in her own brother’s relationship with Sami. She wonders how Rafe will take it, knowing Arianna has this big crush on EJ. Just know if EJ wakes up, and you are at his side, holding his hand, you will be his next victim.

Sami is in EJ’s room, remembering shooting him, and then her plea to the public at the candlelight vigil. She talks aloud to EJ, of how that was his idea, for her to gather all those people together, all her family, friends, and make that plea. She continues “and you claim you loved me”. I loved you, but that is all gone, gone forever. Lexie is standing in the doorway, saying he did love you. Rafe has peeked his head in for a second, but stays outside. Sami leaves the room, talks to Rafe. EJ doesn’t seem to be getting better.

Maggie is outside the Kmansion, pulling herself together to talk to Victor about changing her plans. Inside, Henderson tells her Victor is out, will be back shortly, she decides to wait, and in comes Brady. She tells him she has decided to postpone her trip, gonna help Melanie with the shower, and also wants to be there for his mother’s rededication. Brady is very happy to hear this, Victor returns, gets the news, is also happy she will be staying in town. Vivian’s name is brought up, (because of Gus calling Maggie) Victor says he will call her, Brady doesn’t think that a good idea, but eventually says to go ahead. Victor decided not to. Brady leaves, Maggie talks to Victor. She tells him that he is one of the reasons she has decided to delay her trip, that she enjoys his company, he is funny, makes her laugh. (This is truly a nice conversation). But, she & Mickey had a good marriage, she misses him terribly, and as time has gone by, it has not lessened, but increased, going round and round. And, yes, she enjoys Victor’s company, but she is just not ready for anything else. She brings up his marriage, figures that there is no love lost between Victor & Vivian, also that he undoubtably wanted to protect his family, but wonders exactly from what? Victor is the silent sphinx, Maggie realizes he is not going to tell her.

And upstairs, Brady has gone into Vivian’s bedroom, and this is all a hoot. He flips on the monitor, walks around touching a few things. Vivian is scolding him, that is her bedroom, leave her things alone. He is pouring drinks from a decanter, flopping on the bed, wondering why she has the monitor set up that way, spots a second one to the side, and realizes she was planning to seduce his grandfather, and have Maggie watch it all. He derides that plan, telling her no man would have anything to do with a woman who has done all the terrible things she has. He really gets on a roll, telling her how Maggie is downstairs right now, looking so beautiful. Vivian has a fit, she told Maggie to stay away. Brady tell her he thinks perhaps her wonderful Lawrence misses her and wants her to join him in Hell. Vivian is in panic mode, as Brady now says perhaps she’d rather have hell on earth…then talks of what Grandfather will say when he learns where Viv put her. Viv protests it is a lovely spot, Brady retorts, what …next to Rover & Mittens??? LOL. Oh, no, Vivian is going to stay there a while, going to suffer. Here, have a drink, he empties his glass at the TV camera, then throws his glass at it. Vivian actually seems to try to duck out of the way. LOL.

Back at the hospital, Sami is talking to Rafe, no change, doesn’t look good. She knows it is up to her, but she just cannot do it. How can she tell Johnny this. She repeats a few times that she just cannot decide. Lexie comes out of EJ’s room, the look of doom on her face. EJ has taken a turn for the worse. Sami insists Lexie is a doctor, tell her what to do, what should she do? Stares all around.

Sounds like a good show Love Niki slaping EJ. Brady and Viv (doing the happy dance over this) Not sure about Rafes dream??? And Love Sami asking Lexie what to do about her brother> ASK me I can tell you!!
As always thanks Barb

Yes, I've got some advice for Sami as well. Now, Sami, Now!

I love Nicole's warning to Arianna, right on the money!

Very excited to see Vivian/Brady scenes continuing throughout the week!

Thanks for the summary!

Thanks for the write-up.
Can I stroke Rafe's hair? I would love to have that job. Unlike EJ with the mounds of shelack, well maybe not any more, Rafe has great looking hair. How can Sami leave that :hot: man sleeping by himself? If it were me, I would not be getting out of bed until Rafe got out of bed.
Brady and Viv sound great.
Nicole is actually giving really good advice when it comes to EJ.
Sounds like another great show.

I love that Maggie has decided to stay. The actress always emits such a positive vibe and meshes well in all her scenes with all the other actors. Like Melanie, regardless of the topic, I always find her delightful to watch. I'm so glad Days decided not to have any harm come to Maggie or have her suffer at Vivian's hands. I don't want Maggie to find out about this though. I think she will get closer to Victor and then find out what Vivian planned and it will tear them apart because it will be an indication that Victor and all his shady business dealings will always pose a threat. I forget who it was that warned Stephanie about being with Philip for that same reason?

I'm also so glad Days has this blossoming romance between Maggie and Victor and has handled it with class. This is a love-based connection not the shallow scrumping so many of the other characters confuse with love. There is so much respect between Victor and Maggie that they are not taking any action that will sully their love. Bravo Days!

Thanks for the write up. I can't wait to see Vivian get a taste of her own medicine!

(Brady and Vivian) Hilarious! I can't wait to see this! Good write up!

And I say Nicole should really give it to Arianna! I don't like Arianna- what an idiot!

I guess I just don't get why Sami tells EJ she loved him, but that is all gone now. Since when has Sami loved EJ? She told him after she saw Rafe kissing Nicole, but I think we all knew at that point that she only did it b/c of what she saw. Never in 4 1/2 years have we heard Sami say this. I sure hope this isn't a foreshadowing for the future with those two. When a character says "gone forever", I get a little nervous.
If the writers are smart, they will end that pairing once and for all.

I guess I just don't get why Sami tells EJ she loved him, but that is all gone now.
Guarantee you, it puzzled me, too, but I have to correct myself here. Sami doesn't say it to EJ, she says it to Lexie, who is trying to make excuses for EJ's shenangans, and says that EJ "realized" he loved Sami.

Still doesn't explain why Sami said that......and Rafe does hear her say it.

hmm What would a sister do?

No mattter what your family member has done you never want to see them dead. We all know what he did was unforgiveable but worth dealth I dont think so. If he is supposed to be dead the person upstairs will take care of that. So I do not see Lexie going "it would be okay to terminate life support" As for Viv I want to see her in the Coffin on that little screen screaming.

They've changed Ari's persona so many times that its hard to tell not only who she is now, but who she ever was in the past. She did make up the lie to Brady about getting together with her old boy friend (the drug dealer) back when Roman was forcing her to break up with him. So evidently she did have a thing for bad boys in the past. Even before that she told Brady that their relationship would never happen because of his penchant for rescuing damsel in distress, which she wasn't. The irony is that it's exactly what she ended up becoming. It's too bad that the writers never got a real fix for the character, a wasted opportunity IMO.

Yeah... I actually used to like Arianna- but then... the past month or so this whole "EJ is a good guy thing" was what did her in in my book.
(And... shh- don't tell anyone) but as much as I'm not happy with her- or don't care for her- I find her to be a neccesary evil.

Thanks for the write up Poirot. What a great show. Looking foreward to see it later today. Looking foreward to seeing Viv get was she was planning for Maggie.

I guess I just don't get why Sami tells EJ she loved him, but that is all gone now.

Guarantee you, it puzzled me, too, but I have to correct myself here. Sami doesn't say it to EJ, she says it to Lexie, who is trying to make excuses for EJ's shenangans, and says that EJ "realized" he loved Sami.

Still doesn't explain why Sami said that......and Rafe does hear her say it.

The fact that Sami says it in response to Lexie makes more sense to me. What else is she supposed to say. Two/three days ago in Salem time Sami was standing at the altar with EJ, now he's on life support and she's the one with the power to pull it and Lexie just overheard her rant at him, it wouldn't be very smart to now add to that by telling Lexie oh too bad that EJ loved me because I was only marrying him to spite Rafe. It's a lot better for her to play it up as EJ killed her feelings for him than to admit they never existed ... esp. to his sister while he might be dying.... and not to mention the little detail that Sami is the one who shot him and put him in that condition. Stefano already suspects her, no reason to give the sister cause for suspicion as well. Sami lying to keep herself out of trouble isn't surprising or concerning to me.

As I've always said in reference to EJ, actions speak louder than words - Sami shot him, got back into bed with Rafe, still doesn't feel bad for EJ and only focused on getting herself out of trouble, and will soon have the chance to end his life once again ... so why would it be far fetched for her to lie to his sister as well. And I don't have a problem with any of it, couldn't be happening to a nicer guy and no one deserves to turn the tables on EJ more than Sami. Still, anyone who wants to claim that Sami has mistreated EJ terribly, go for it; I could care less why they are over so long as they stay that way.

I can't WAIT for this show!

LOVE Brady and I can't wait to see Viv get her just desserts. I hope she dies in there and joins her beloved idiot demonic Lawrence.

I LOVE the fact that Maggie and Victor are getting closer. Yes I agree not to sully the relationship by moving too fast and he is still married to Viv the mental midget demonic woman from hell.

I hope Gus doesn't come back to save Viv. As I said I hope she dies in there.
If Brady doesn't give her food and water, she can't survive too long. Letting her out is a BIG mistake, Brady! I wish he would tell Grandpa Vic what she tried to do as he has proof and that will seal the deal for her with Victor forever. He might have her killed himself or at least banished from Salem. Either way I'd like to be rid of her for good.

I agree with the woman who said Arianna is so wrong and Nicole should take care of Ari big time. I used to like Arianna but not since she started befriending EJ. I think she is in love with EJ herself, but luckily in the future she will have an accident and not be able to tell on Sami and that will be the end of her. A pairing of Arianna and EJ would have been interesting though because it would have driven Stefano nuts. Oh well. Other people in Salem can make him nuts. He's another character I love to hate.

I do like Kate now and I always loved Maggie; Brady; Caroline; Will; Rafe's little sister; Melanie; Nathan and of course Rafe. I don't like that Sami is lying to him again, but let's see more of Rafe without his shirt please. Yes I would definitely love to mess up that hair! His eyes get to me.

Thanks for the preview, Poirot. I'm sure enjoying the Brady-Viv scenes!

I don't understand why Sami feels an urgency about making a decision on life supports. EJ doesn't appear to be suffering, and Stefano would probably be able to pay for keeping the machines running indefinitely, so why the hurry? Not that I care about EJ. Just wondering.

I don't think Sami feels an urgency, as much as she feels terribly conflicted. Lexie has said EJ took a turn for the worse, and he has not been doing all that well anyway. He is on machines, she feels she has put him here, and now has to decide about pulling the plug. Anyone who ever was in that situation is in upheaval. (I have a dear friend who would not make the call, even tho the Code Blue team had to keep applying the paddles. He opened his eyes, said to her, please, let me go)

Sami does not want to be in this position, to call the shots. In the heat of the moment, she did something, it did not end there, she has had time to reflect, and now......she is put into an unwanted position.

Back