Days of Our Lives - Thursday, April 10th 2008

I got a big bag with big pockets cjknick2...!!!! I just believe there are some things that take too much away from your soul. And I believe if Sami forgave EJ for "the event" then she would never be able to get that little part of her back. Of course, these are just fictional characters, but darn it, I love all those Salemites...actually, I like most of them better than some of the people I deal with in my real life....Oh, isn't that sad...I think I need to make an appointment with Marlena...!!!!

Plus, forgiving is one thing, falling in love and living with them is a whole nother ballgame.....

Forgiving someone is something you can control - letting it go - not allowing it to take up your time thinking about harboring the hatred or the unforgiveness - forgiveness cures the flashbacks - because if you let it go - you can start to heal. You say I'm done allowing what happen control my life and you break free - that's when your soul heals and your heart mends .... You don't even have to tell this person you forgive them - you do it for yourself ... you just let it go!

I got a big bag with big pockets cjknick2...!!!! I just believe there are some things that take too much away from your soul. And I believe if Sami forgave EJ for "the event" then she would never be able to get that little part of her back. Of course, these are just fictional characters, but darn it, I love all those Salemites...actually, I like most of them better than some of the people I deal with in my real life....Oh, isn't that sad...I think I need to make an appointment with Marlena...!!!!

Plus, forgiving is one thing, falling in love and living with them is a whole nother ballgame.....

I understand where you all are coming from regarding forgiving the unforgivable but I had to do that in my past from a childhood incident. I have forgiven and moved on and it is the most freeing thing you can do. Forgivness is the true closure. God healed my heart and my soul and for that I am truly greatful.

I really think this s/l will always be controversial, just as the Luke and Laure s/l is 30 years later.

Thanks for the write up.

It's easy to "forgive" someone when you're the one who's more in the wrong in the relationship. EJ raped Lucas's wife (or made a deal with her...whatever you want to call it), crashed his his wedding reception, stalked Sami and Lucas all summer, tried to kill Lucas, stole Lucas's wife, and is now raising Lucas's child (technically children...for more than nine months Lucas considered both babies his, and he'd be raising both of them if he weren't in prison). EJ only had one thing happen to him, and he seems to have recovered just fine.

Thanks for the write up.

It's easy to "forgive" someone when you're the one who's more in the wrong in the relationship. EJ raped Lucas's wife (or made a deal with her...whatever you want to call it), crashed his his wedding reception, stalked Sami and Lucas all summer, tried to kill Lucas, stole Lucas's wife, and is now raising Lucas's child (technically children...for more than nine months Lucas considered both babies his, and he'd be raising both of them if he weren't in prison). EJ only had one thing happen to him, and he seems to have recovered just fine.

All these things are true and it will be interesting to see if Lucas can be the bigger man and forgive and move on... Forgiveness is A GREAT MESSAGE and I am glad the writer's are bringing it into the conversation!

cj - you are one of the wisest people I have met online.
I held a grudge over a wrong for so many years and it hurt me physically, i.e. depression, blood pressure, misery.
Through God, I made the decision to move on and get over it. It is a constant reminder daily, but I did it and I am so free. It doesn't have the control over me and I can't believe I waited so long to let go.
Forgiveness is a cure for all of your soul's ailments...whether forgiving yourself or someone else! I truly believe this.

Now about Days: This show sounds great! I look forward to Ej doing his own thing...even if it separates him from Sami for awhile. I don't know what she is thinking...because if she hated him, why wouldn't she push him towards Nicole. What a punishment!
I would have been disappointed if Ej went along with everyone. That isn't who he is...but I am enjoying his calm and ability to want to give a person a chance.

Look forward to John and Marlena too! Their story has such promise and potential. I would love to see Marlena fall in love with him...but I heard that he will accept a date with someone else. Should be interesting.
Thanks for typing all of this up for us, Poirot!

...it will be interesting to see if Lucas can be the bigger man and forgive and move on...

When Lucas gets out of jail he is going to be madder than a wet hen :mad:, so look out everybody! :D

I love this! Sami and Nicole at it again! Whoo hoo! Sami wil go nuts if Nicole puts the moves on EJ! Her true feelings for EJ will be exposed ... Thanks Nicole!

I understand where you all are coming from regarding forgiving the unforgivable but I had to do that in my past from a childhood incident. I have forgiven and moved on and it is the most freeing thing you can do. Forgivness is the true closure. God healed my heart and my soul and for that I am truly greatful.

I really think this s/l will always be controversial, just as the Luke and Laure s/l is 30 years later.

ITA.. I had to do the same forgiving you and CJ have been talking about..Great posts by you both! Forgiveness is the only way you claim true victory and closure. If you harbor the resentment you can never truly heal!

ITA.. I had to do the same forgiving you and CJ have been talking about..Great posts by you both! Forgiveness is the only way you claim true victory and closure. If you harbor the resentment you can never truly heal!

This site is such a safe place to come to and share your innermost thoughts and feelings.

Thank you Barb for creating this safe place!!!

Cathy

When I read this scene between Sami, Nicole and EJ .... I thought God is now about to deliver the consequence for EJ's sins ... It's called Nicole. I think that EJ will have his hands full and will start to grey before this is all said and done. EJ may have preferred Jail time to Nicole vs Sami Time!

Maggie and Mickey - I just love them - standing by - watching this train wreck about to begin! Funny Stuff!

:) :) LOL! Yeah EJ must have a thing for horrible women. Sami, Kate, even Billie (sorta), and now Nicole. All he needs now is to meet Ava and Jan if she ever gets out of her coma.

And I love Nicole and Sami arguing... they are so much alike it is as if they are yelling into a mirror!

Going against Victor!

Has anyone thought about this: :thinking:

First John Black takes on Victor and now possibly EJ Dimera will be Nicole's attorney against Victor. Wow!

Back in the day, Victor would have had these guys for lunch! Interesting to see what will happen. Victor is one guy I wouldn't want to go against!

Also, I am so curious to know what the heck happen to Brady. Maybe we are getting closer to a story on that soon. :wine:

He did say Oxford

I am so far behind on watching shows...I just watched April 1st today at lunch. It was definitly Oxford that he told the INS agent. I wonder....maybe he didn't really go and somehow this slip up is going to lead to more. Just a thought.

Me too, Blue and Poirot! I heard Oxford last week...NEVER Cambridge.
Either this was a slip up on the writers (which I will never know why the actors don't catch it) OR EJ getting his stories confused (which I don't know why Sami didn't catch it) OR he got his bachelors at Oxford and his law degree at Cambridge (if that is how it works).

I think EJ and Nicole will be an excellent pair (don't mean romantically either). I am anxious to see what happens between those two...I want the story to move faster!

Odd that EJ was so quick to go against the advice of Mickey...but happy to see that he hasn't lost his edge for a challenge.

Thanks for the write up. I will watch the show later tonight. Happy to see Nicloe and Sami together. ( what fun ). As for the Law School EJ did say Oxford just a little while ago when Mickey was getting ready to offer him a job. Just don't ask me what day it was.

Isn't it odd? I write a summary, noting that the episode is one not to be missed because of the all the interaction between Sami & Nicole, which was just delightful to witness. Their sparring is so much fun to watch and listen to. And so, I come here tonight to find the most comment is not about that, but is about EJ & Sami, whether she forgives him, should do so, should not do so, has done so. Plus some gushing over whatever inoccuous comments Sami makes to EJ.
O.K. Guess I don't do such a good job of telling story. And I do have a problem with comments here that are not about the summary.
However, I know full well that I am rather depressed at the moment, over a number of things, and so.....pay me no mind in re: that.......I will feel better tomorrow.
I know how much so many of you appreciate me doing this. It has now been just a year, since I began doing these summaries after we at the Early Edition hung up the closed sign. At EE, we weren't able to have feedback and comments, and when I first started doing this, we didn't either. But Wayne had the idea and foresight to get the Day Ahead open to all to comment. I love it! I see you do, too.

I just finished watching the show. Was so happy to see Nicole and Sami. The fight was so well done. It was even better then I hoped for when I heard that Nicole was coming back. Loved the part where Nicloe is telling EJ about all the things that Sami has done. Sami comes up and asked about her throwing wine in her face. When Nicole answered back What Sami shot the wine all over her. (The cheap wine of course.) I liked the part when Sami tells EJ that it is her or Nicloe. He still chose Nicole am so anxious to see what Sami does about it. This I think is just the start of the war.
I could not beleive John's hair today. Is it my imagination or is it getting funnier to look at. I like the deal that John offered Marlena. Laughed when she asked about him wanting to be a project after all that Stef has done to him and he replied that she looks better in a dress.
I also noticed that they have stoped talking about Max and Steph being releated. Max called Caroline Mom, but Steph did not call her by any name.

So does the "mistake" of EJ saying Oxford last week and Cambridge this week signal that he is indeed behind the "INS" thing...??? Hmmmm, old habits die hard.....

DJM.....in re: your last paragraph. True. But Steph referred to Grampa Shawn, and it seemed to me.....that the attempts to ignore the relationships were dropped.

And I could not agree more about Sami & Nicole.

I love that Nicole is back...and she's tangling with Sami...now if we can get Kate back in the mix, I would be just about ecstatic...!!!!! With Lucas coming back, it may just happen...!!!

About Max and Stef's relationsship...when Kayla came out of her bedroom the other day and saw them embracing, she spoke with Stephanie about how people may not understand because they don't know that Max is adopted but it is OK and don't let it stop them...or words to that effect....

Back