Days of Our Lives - Thursday May 15, 2014

S

Sparkster

Short and sweet summary today folks....

Replay of Rafe and Will coming to see Hope. Rafe offers to stay but Will says it's fine. Marlena is worried about Will but he promises to call her later. Hope is glad Will came to speak to her as she is interviewing all the witnesses. Will admits to her that he had gotten into a physical altercation with Nick soon before he was murdered but he swears he didn't kill him. She asks where he was at 8:45 last night. He claims to have been at the University library, people saw him but no one he knows. Hope also asks if he had access to a gun. He looks nervous but says no. She mentions Sonny had come to see her earlier which clearly takes him by surprise. She again reiterates that everyone is a suspect until she can prove otherwise.

Marlena catches up with Rafe in the square. They talk about Nick's murder. Rafe tells her he's glad Nick is gone, he caused a lot of grief with a lot of people. He recalls how even he himself spent months in a coma because Jensen thought he was Nick when he got attacked. Rafe asks how Allie is doing and also asks if Marlena could talk to Gabi about the situation. Marlena would be happy to.

Later Marlena and Will meet at Brady Pub. He tells her he truly hated Nick. But Marlena doesn't believe he could have killed him. Will is not so sure and says if Rafe hadn't intervened he just might have killed Nick.

EJ and Abigail meet in the park. He's trying to reassure her that everything is fine. He was worried about her but glad that Ben was there for her. She's really upset about Nick and can't believe he would kill him. Although maybe she can believe it, after all he is a DiMera and that's what they do to eliminate their problems. He completely denies it, gets real close to her face, but she calls him a world class liar and takes off.

EJ then meets with Hope. She asks if he wants a lawyer present but he says there's no need. She asks about his whereabouts last evening. He says he and Samantha were strolling in the square, saying there's no way he was responsible for Nick's murder. Hope tells him he would never do his own dirty work and knows he's got the connections for a professional hit. He snidely asks if she has any questions of merit. She says she's got some incriminating photos she'd like to show him. He squirms a little then finally looks at them getting a look of relief on his face. They are security photos of him leaving Nick's office the other day. He claims it was just business, accusing Nick of stealing CW ideas. She thinks it gives him motive but he says he's done there and leaves.

Ben and Jordan discuss the murder and then Abigail. Jordan didn't realize they were close. Ben explains how he broke up a fight between her and Nick. She asks about his gun. He wonders if she suspects him. No of course not but he needs to be careful so as not to raise any suspicions.

Rafe surprises Jordan with flowers at the hospital. She asks about the case and who he thinks did it. He refused himself but says if he was investigating he would probably start with himself as a suspect.

Abigail goes to the club and talks to Ben. She thanks him for being there for her last night. He can tell she's still really upset about it. They go to the park to talk. She blames herself for what happened but he says there's no way that's true. He says she's a good person he can see that about her. And then they kiss.

Eric and Jennifer are still at her house, about to leave to see Daniel and Nicole, when she gets a call from Caroline, expressing her condolences about Nick. Jen thanks Caroline for giving Nick a second chance when he got out of prison. Then Eric and Jen continue talking about Nick. She wishes she could have done more to help him but Eric says to not blame herself. Nick had a lot of problems. They talk about his and Nicole's engagement. He asks for her help in convincing people that Nicole is a changed person. She agrees. They finally take off to Daniel's.

Daniel presents the shredded evidence to Nicole. He lays out his entire theory to her and tells her to just admit the truth. She spends the first half of the show denying everything and even saying Stefano is responsible. Finally, she tearfully admits to everything and explains what happened. She intended to tell Eric everything but then he told her he loved her and was leaving the priesthood for her. She waited so long to hear that. She figured he made his choice so the evidence didn't matter. Daniel berates her saying he could have proved to everyone that Kristen raped him. She knows she was selfish. She knows she hurt Daniel too and doesn't want to lose him as a friend. Can he forgive her? Yes he can. She then assumes he won't say anything to Eric. He says no.....but she will. She says no way. She can't do that. She quickly grabs up all the papers and tries to high tail it out of there but as she flings open the door, there stands Eric and Jennifer with champagne.

Thank you for doing the summary, Sparkster. I know it is hard to take that much time when you have two babies.

Boy, that spoiler about Hope having incriminating photos of EJ was certainly a misdirection. I thought it was going to be something with EJ and Abigail.

Hmmm, Jennifer and Eric must've been in some type of time inverter. I could've sworn they went out the door yesterday.

Nicole needs a good Gibbs (character on NCIS) slap to the back of her head. Somebody needs to knock some sense into her.

They sure want everyone to think Rafe is the killer…..by him saying he would put himself at the top of the list…..he’s the only one that doesn’t have the whole story, all he knows is Nick talked his way back into Gabi’s life and about the custody! And if that’s enough to drive Rafe over the edge, then why is junior still walking away?

Jennifer sure doesn’t grieve long for anyone that dies in her family, she is laughing with a bottle of wine in tow, the only thing she didn’t have was a cigar, is she a DiMera wannabe.

I wonder if junior is feeling this world close in on him. First Sami’s fits, now Abby doesn’t believe that he is a saint, and Hope doesn’t think he does his own dirty work.

Nicole/Daniel zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

At least they don’t have Sami’s family hating Rafe, Marlena is always kind to him, and Will values Rafe’s opinion.

And today we learned that Ben has a gun, maybe by 2050 we will have the whole story.

How can a man that brings flowers to the girl he loves for being nice to his sister be Nick’s killer!

I like Ben and Abby, I think he does care about her, but that’s in his personality like Rafe’s!

It's too bad that Nick isn't around to engage in his favorite pastime, eavesdropping. He'd be pleased that he seems to be the subject of almost everybody's conversation. Elsewhere, it seems to have been a case of blame the usual suspects, Stefano and EJ. By now, Hope should know that questioning EJ is a waste of time. He's got an answer for everything and probably been has at the police station more than some of Roman's cops or even Roman himself. As for that other all-star suspect, Stefano, he might have been happy to know that Nicole brought up his name when telling the Love Doctor her absurd lies about the shredded Chyka papers. The Phoenix may not be around much anymore, but people still seem to think that he's the evil power behind virtually every misdeed in Salem, even littering in the Town Square.

Wait.... let me get this straight... since the murder they were able to get close circuit video camera surveillance photos from a private company no where near the scene of the crime.... yet Salem PD can't find the cell phone.... perhaps they haven't found the actual scene of the crime... I thought Hope followed the blood drops... with her gun drawn and flashlight flashing.....:confused:
I'd say they couldn't find the shredded papers, or Jen Jen's missing necklace which should have been bagged as evidence given the death... but maybe Smith Island has their own inept Police Force.....

Boring episode. Looks like Abby and Jen went clothes shopping together.

I do not like how they still are playing Rafe as a supporting role. But I guess I should be happy he is even involved in the Nick storyline at all.

It really bothers me when EJ grabs Abigail's arm. He did it again today. He actually does that to a lot of women--we've seen him do it to Abigail, Sami, Jennifer, Nicole, etc. This is not "leading man" behavior. I'm glad Abigail doesn't fall for EJ's fake charm--she isn't Sami! And EJ doesn't like that. I can't wait to see jealous EJ next. He already admitted to noticing Ben.

Jennifer/Eric and Daniel/Nicole and Jordan/Ben and Jordan/Rafe: BORING! Let's move on with this please! :sick:

Ben has a gun. So what?

Ben has a gun. Big deal, a lot of people in Salem do. It might be
a big deal if more than one person shot Nick and they could trace
the bullets to more than one gun.

I was surprised too about the photos that Hope had. Not ones with EJ and
Abby, but ones of Nick and EJ at the office. Did the person notice Percy
leaving the office with two men? That happened before Nick left.

Nicole needs to look at herself in the mirror and see what we see.
Maybe she'll see how wrong she has been. She needs to "man" up.
Be strong and understand that it's Eric's choice not hers if they
are suppose to be together.

Thanks for the summary Sparkster :)

Thanks for the summary, missed the show today while at the beach. Seems good to me. I like Marlena and Rafe interacting and also having a lot of scenes on the show today in general. Same goes for Hope. Ben having a gun is interesting information, as is EJ noticing Ben and Abby getting close. Nicole finally fessed up, but with the luck we are having, it will take as long for her to be exposed as it will for Jordan to reveal her past.

The only new info we learned to today is that Ben has a gun.
The news that Ben also has a gun brings to mind the comment made by crazy gangster Gyp Rosetti on an episode of Boardwalk Empire: "I got a gun, he's got a gun, he's got a gun, everybody's got guns." Switching subjects, today's events show that the Love Doctor, not Hope, should be leading the Tricky Nicky investigation. Anybody who can get a habitual liar like poor Nicole to break and fess up has a real talent for interrogation. In contrast, the grim-faced Hope with her obnoxious manner and nasty little recording device would cause even normally-truthful people to lie to her just out of spite.

Nicole needs a good Gibbs (character on NCIS) slap to the back of her head. Somebody needs to knock some sense into her.

I will try to think of someone... :rolleyes:

Some good acting from EJ during his scene with Abby. "Lower your voice!" And it's hard to act like a good liar. Nicole was great, too, though her SL distresses me. Not looking forward to the Sami vs Hope confrontation.

LOL, at Club TBD...it will probably be PBJ........oh, wait, that is peanut butter & jelly. LOL

I loved Abby telling the oh, so sincere EJ, who was swearing to her he would not "do that to Nick" (have him killed) and Abby thanks him, but noted adamantly that he is the world's greatest liar. After she is gone, EJ mutters to himself - "that I am". LOL

Strangely enough, I actually enjoyed all of EJ's scenes today. I was fascinated with what a good liar he really is, and how he mumbled to himself in agreement with Abby after she said it. He almost looked a little bit sorrowful at the admission, as though he maybe didn't enjoy lying to Abigail. I was also interested in watching him lie his way through being interrogated by Hope. As viewers, we knew how he dreaded looking at the pictures but still, he kept his facial expressions under control, as he nearly always does, when lying.

There's absolutely nothing happening right now that has me the least bit interested or excited. Nothing! I should be used to it, given how the quality of writing/story-telling on this soap has been known to fluctuate, but it's disappointing because I look forward to watching and hopefully having something to talk about, but DAYS is giving me nada.

I could rant about Dan/Jen/Eric/Nicole and the how the writing is somewhat signaling a partner swap, but what's the point. I'll just continue to watch and hope for better DAYS.

I will admit the EJ/Abby scene yesterday was somewhat entertaining because I was fully expecting them to kiss when EJ was inches away from Abby's face telling her she knows him. They still have it lol.

Oh, I am looking forward to who really killed Nick. And if Eric will go back to the church, or will he stay out even after he PROBABLY calls it off with Nicole.

I like the friendship that is beginning to develop between Abby & Ben, as it has progressed the last couple of days. I honestly cannot get into Daniel & Jennifer's love fest, never have. And I truly want Julie and Maggie to learn the truth about Nick.
But....the way Days drags things out...hardly likely any resolution. I honestly think this "Hope questioning" suspects in her office is for the birds. I want Roman to come in and take her off of it.

Back