Days of Our Lives - Thursday, Nov. 6th, 2008

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives

Thursday, Nov. 6th, 2008

Episode #10,949 Taped 10./10 Director – Phil Sogard

Philip breaks the bad news to Nick & Melanie. The foundation, which is funded by Titan, is withdrawing it’s offer. The letter was send without Philip’s knowledge or approval. Melanie thinks Chelsea put Philip up to this, he says no, there are some problems with Nick’s figures/calculations, he just should perhaps tweak them a bit, and resubmit. He lives, Melanie pouts, Nick promises to fix everything, and will go down to the office right now. He leaves with Melanie blowing him a kiss, shutting the door, only to hear a knock knock, and lookie….Phil is back. He gives her a rough time, chews her out, uses some big words to call her a spoiled brat, tells her she is a lot like him. Devious, goes after what she wants, yada, yada. But that only works in business. Not in relationships. He warns her away from Nick, she asks if he thinks he could handle her. Yep.
Nick has gone to the Cheatin’ Heart, where Max pours him a shot while Nick pulls out his letter of approval, then whines about it being recinded. He implores Max to help him out, and go over the figures again, as Nick thinks they need some tweaking. He promises to take Max to a Bears or Bulls game as a thank you, then mentions Melanie getting a share of the money. Max wonders why, Nick talks of Trent having helped him financially a bit, so his share would go to Melanie, Max still wonders, and finally Nick admits to being in love with Melanie, which totally shocks Max.

Bo & Hope congratulate Abe on becoming mayor, Abe thanks him, photographers are taking pictures, people milling around. Tony talks to Roman a bit about Stefano perhaps being involved in Marino’s death. Abe makes his acceptance speech, as EJ comes in to ask for Bo’s help in finding the missing Nicole. He explains that she was not in her cell, the guard said she was taken to the hospital, but University Hospital says she is not there. Bo makes a call, learns Nicole is in the prison hospital. EJ takes off, Bo returns to the gathering, Abe’s speech is over, Hope says it was great. More individual chit chat, Abe eventually asks Bo to be Police Commissioner. Bo hesitates, Hope gives him a surprised look, but then he laughs, saying this was the only reason he wore the tie, and sure he will accept. Hugs, congrats, etc. Abe, Roman & Bo all talk of solving a couple of murders, and definitely going after Stefano, hopefully finally putting him in jail.

Nicole is wheeled into the prison infirmary, already occupied by 3 other female inmates. Nicole is nervous, is yelling about her pains, her baby, wanting to see a doctor, wanting to go to Univ. hospital. Doreen, whose arm is in a sling, takes the bottle of alcohol, needs her buzz for the pain. The other two inmates give Nicole a hard time, threatening her. Nicole tries to get help from the nurse to no avail. Nurse Sherry goes on a smoke break, leaving Nicole at the mercy of the tormenters. Nicole is off the bed, Candy & Tanya get out of bed, and start to rough up Nicole a bit.

Out in the hall, EJ arrived, wanting to see Nicole. The nurse refuses, doesn’t care if he is her attorney. EJ tries the “she is pregnant and I am the father, need to see her”. Nope. He makes a call, leaves, then returns a bit later with a court order. Just then they hear a scream and go rushing into the room. We see the nurse handcuffing the two inmates to their guard rails, while Nicole hugs her hero, Elvis. He gets her into a wheelchair, and she next is back in her cell, never so happy to be in her own cell again. EJ talks to her thru the bars, telling her how worried he was for the baby when he could not find Nicole in her cell, and he heard she was having pregnancy issues. The baby means the world to him. Nicole listens, then tells him she is very happy he was so worried about the baby, but realizes he still thinks she is guilty, that she murdered Trent. And while she is happy he cares so much about the baby, she was hoping he came back there in order to save HER.
He says he returned to save them both.

Barb

What??? Nick is going to take Max to a Bulls game to repay him for fixing his formulas, but he is going to give half of the money to Melanie?? Max fixed his formulas the first time. Has Nick done any of the work?

I was thinking Max, Melanie and Nicole all three should share in the windfall along with Nick.

What??? Nick is going to take Max to a Bulls game to repay him for fixing his formulas, but he is going to give half of the money to Melanie?? Max fixed his formulas the first time. Has Nick done any of the work?

I was thinking the same thing. Max should get half and then Nick marrys Mel and have their share... but what I think will happen is that Nick will end up in jail and Mel will get all the money and take off.

THANKS FOR THE WRITE UP!! :)

Thanks for the recap Barb.
I actually got to watch it today. Dad has been sick so he went to take a nap. Boy it sure was good to see it.:smile:
I'm finding it hard to believe Nick.... I sure hope there is some kind of a twist at the end of all this.

Why the heck should Melanie get any of this money? It sounds like the money would be a grant approved by Philip to make a prototype to prove Nick's theory works. That is never money to be split up between other people.

If the project works, and sells, then I can see Trent's estate having the loan repaid. In my opinion, Melanie shouldn't see any other money.

I'm really liking Nicole lately.

I think in the end Max will end up with the money because he did most of the work, and if Nick is in jail, who would actually give Melanie the money?? Although Max is probably dumb enough right now to do that.

The idea was Nick's, and when Max helped him, Nick was angry. So why is he back asking for his help? Because he needs money to keep Melanie interested and now he's willing to do the very thing he was so opposed to a few months ago. Max should have reminded Nick of how proud he used to be. They are definitely taking Nick to a very dark place. I don't see it being so out of character remembering the Willow story...it's so very similar. Not sure if Ilike this Nick or not, he seems more than simply troubled to me, he is acting more like a freaky rapist, serial killer dude from court tv.

Thanks for the summary Poirot.

Have to say that both Lexie and Hope looked absolutely stunning at the victory party today.

Trent invested in Nick's project in exchange for a part of the profits...very common. Trent died leaving his share of the company to Melanie. She will recieve her share of the profits from it, makes no matter if she's a nice person or not, Nick entered into a legally binding business deal with Trent.
And unfortunately, Max helped Nick without an agreement, heck, without Nick even knowing so he has no legal share in the profits....BUT you would think that Nick would offer Max a decent share in the project simply because there wouldn't even be a grant to proceed with it if it weren't for Max, and then to top it off Nick even asks Max for more help...Max needs a contract with him, NOW.....

Nick has never been a saint. He just gets the reputation of being a goody goody because he always ends up clinging to girls that are users. He has done a lot of sketchy things in his past, like trying to force Chelsea into having sex with him. He also lied to like half the town, including Chelsea, about Willow. So what does he do for Max, the guy that has done all the work which made him able to have so much money, a basketball game? Say what? Oh no no no, he'll have to do a little better than that.

I'm a little sick of all these characters claiming to be in love after being in a room with someone for like 5 minutes. It took Lucas like a hot minute to be in ~love~ with Chloe. Its all so silly to me, Nick is about as in love with her as he is with my big toe.

Back