Days of Our Lives - Tues., Dec.15, 2015

Another recap I just read says that Brady mentioned that their townhouse is "next door" to John and Marlena's. I assume they mean in the same complex rather than literally the next townhouse, with a shared wall, but whatever, they mentioned it which cleared up that discussion we had here recently.

The best part of the show was at the end. There was sunlight and finally a new
day is dawning in Salem :)

I wonder how JJ is going to feel about Chad when he knows Abby still loves him.

I'm glad Chad was thinking and stopped before they "did it". I enjoyed his
bedtime story.

I think the writers are really trying to make us like Brady and Theresa. Brady
pulled out the fondue pot. He later explained from a wedding that didn't happen
and that happens a lot in Salem. I wonder how far they are from John and
Marlena's apartment since they went there to get food. I'm not interested in the
sleazy part of their relationship.

I wonder if we'll see John and Marlena... Brady and Theresa in their separate
townhouses the same day. It's obvious to me it's the same set.

Philip and Belle haven't we seen that already?

Gabi and JJ are cute together.

I am liking JJ and Gabi too. Didn't think I would but they are cute. And how they kept saying oh no this is not a date. Then they kiss. Cute.

Could not believe Abigail was totally into having sex! She gave birth 2 days ago! Nope, not happening! I am also not a Chad/Abigail fan.

I am liking Brady and Theresa too. And I love how they do keep mentioning "I put your dad in a coma". At least they aren't just forgetting about it. :rotfl:

So...both Gabi & JJ have cited Citizen Kane as their favorite movie? '

That really stood out to me too. What strikes me is I saw a old episode of Days not long ago where Marlena had mentioned "Citizen Kane" was her favorite movie. As did Gabi. Then JJ with whatever 1965 reference and now Citizen Kane, truthfully most people in that generation would not know any of that. I certainly don't know what JJ was saying when he was referencing whatever or seen Citizen Kane. Perhaps it's one of Corday's favorites.

Well, I must say I really liked the bit of romance today. JJ and Gabi mesh very nicely. I have thoroughly enjoyed their scenes and think the writers have made a very smart choice here pairing these two up. I was a little worried there for a second with Chad and Abigail when it looked like they were about to have sex. Aside from the complete inappropriateness and very poor timing my first thought was "this is going to be very messy and I don't think either is going to get much, um, pleasure from it." LOL. Seriously, I almost barfed when they started going at it and then I was soooooo glad that Chad stopped it. There's a reason why you're supposed to wait 6 weeks before returning to regular sexual activity, mmmmkay? Anyway, I loved the fairy tale that Chad told Abby. So sweet. Very good writing here.

I'm not the biggest fan of Brady/Theresa but I'm warming up to them. I actually thought their scenes today were kind of cute how they decided to go rob food from John and Marlena. I thought they moved into the same building since their units were so similar, now we have confirmation on that. I'm guessing we'll be seeing more of their townhouse for awhile and then we'll see a redress of the same set as John/Marlena's for awhile and back and forth.

I liked the Belle/Philip scenes with the basketball game. It probably helps newer viewers to have these kind of interactions with characters who haven't been onscreen together in 7-8 years. If this was Jay Kenneth Johnson in the role of Philip I would totally be onboard immediately with a repairing of Philip/Belle as I thought those two actors had incredible chemistry together. I'm willing to see where things go here but I don't like that Shawn and Belle have had basically no scenes together and all this "stuff" that occurred in their marriage happened offscreen. I need more explanation and face to face contact here to get more fully invested.

Philip/Belle - NO
Gabi/JJ - Yes, MORE please!! :love::love::love::love:
Jeannie T/Brady - Die, go away...whatever (though I did like the mention that they live in the same building as John & Marlena, nice way to keep the costs low for the show without insulting our eyeballs)
Chad/Abby - I actually liked their scenes though I felt they rambled a bit.

Finally, a new day in Salem...tomorrow!

I liked the Belle/Philip scenes with the basketball game. It probably helps newer viewers to have these kind of interactions with characters who haven't been onscreen together in 7-8 years. If this was Jay Kenneth Johnson in the role of Philip I would totally be onboard immediately with a repairing of Philip/Belle as I thought those two actors had incredible chemistry together. I'm willing to see where things go here but I don't like that Shawn and Belle have had basically no scenes together and all this "stuff" that occurred in their marriage happened offscreen. I need more explanation and face to face contact here to get more fully invested.

This is my biggest issue too. The Shawn/Belle scenes were basically cut and I believe those were scenes that were necessary to move story forward. Instead, we have all this one sided talk from Belle about what happened. And very little of it at that. Not how it works. I really need for Belle and Shawn to reconcile. I'm tired of characters leaving Salem happily married and then coming back having split up offscreen. We saw it with Brady/Chloe, Steve/Kayla, etc. Not every married couple has to be happy. Let them work through issues while married instead of taking the lazy writing way out of divorce.

When they had Eve/Jeannie T and Eric/Ben sharing apartment sets, we would never see both apartments in the same episode. But we would see them in the same week so they must be fairly easy to redress. I bet if we all looked closely enough we'd find some bloopers too.

I was wondering just how far, and for how long, baby Tate was left alone while parents went out to steal food. Yes, they had a baby moniter. If they heard him choking or something, could they have been able to get to him fast enough? I don't like that they so easily left the apartment with the baby alone inside.

A nice episode, compared to yesterday's and much of what we've seen lately. Loving all the romance.

Belle & Philip: Wasn't watching when they were on before, but I'm intrigued. I don't think I'd mind them as a pairing, but I'm not the biggest fan of either character. Which is strange because I think they'd work together. The basketball bit was cute (for a date-esque type thing), but I wish that they'd at least try to have Belle work out her marriage with Shawn-D, or get a divorce, before all this stuff is going on.

Chad & Abigail: I was a bit put off when it looked like they'd romp, but relieved when they didn't, and that it was Chad who backed away. This was just really sweet and cute. Reminds me of why I ship them together. I liked the old Chad with her, but this one has even better chemistry.

JJ & Gabi: Did NOT like what JJ said about Chad. But if he doesn't know the whole story regarding what Chad did for Thomas and Abigail, then that explains it. Surprisingly, I'm liking JJ and Gabi. A cute coupling for sure. Let's hope they keep going with the slow placing.

Brady & Theresa: :sick::sick: Why is it that overtime we see them, they make love? I can't get behind this couple, so maybe that's why I'm especially repulsed.

So...both Gabi & JJ have cited Citizen Kane as their favorite movie? I absolutely HATED that movie.
Here's another thumbs down for Citizen Kane, a movie in which an old man keeps murmuring "rosebud," and then at the end the viewers discover that it was his childhood sled. That said, I found JJ's mention of Faster Pussycat! Kill! Kill!, which was regarded as utter junk by critics when in came out in 1965, somewhat puzzling, but a little research revealed that it's since become a cult classic. With a plot that involves three go-go girls running amok and killing people in the California desert, this movie would seem more likely to appeal to somebody like Ben or Andre than to JJ.

I was wondering just how far, and for how long, baby Tate was left alone while parents went out to steal food. Yes, they had a baby moniter. If they heard him choking or something, could they have been able to get to him fast enough? I don't like that they so easily left the apartment with the baby alone inside.
That bothered me, too. Why couldn't have Brady gone to raid John and Marlena's kitchen while Jeannie T stayed with Tate? Why did it take two of them to get the food?

She could've told Brady to go get the cheese/bread while she got everything set up on the coffee table.

Baby monitors, even the high tech expensive one that Brady would buy, only work a certain distance and only through certain walls. But they probably got one from the Isa and could go to the Horton square and still see/hear.

Last edited:
The thing about Citizen Kane is that it pioneered a lot of techniques that we see in movies today and for that reason it's hailed as "The best movie ever made" by critics and whatnot. When I saw it in a Film Communications class I wasn't all that impressed. I appreciate it for its contributions to a medium I love but I didn't think it was anything all that revolutionary in terms of story. I also don't buy it as either Gabi or JJ's favorite film.That just felt like a writer at work and not really true to either character. I didn't buy JJ's Faster Pussycat Kill Kill reference although I think that was meant as a joke.

Nothing would increase my love for these two crazy kids then having them be lovers of classic film but I just didn't buy it. Now if either of them mentioned something starring James Franco and/or Seth Rogan or a Quentin Tarantino film that in my opinion would have felt more real.

Last edited:
Chad's bedtime story to Abby had me nodding off.

The "Salem Leather Shoppe" annual sale must be going strong.

Fondue never dies! :) In all fairness, that looked like a very good quality pot.

Gabi was coatless, and was wearing a generously-perforated top. She must have a high metabolic rate. :rolleyes:
As far as Gabi/JJ's progressing "friendship" goes, I continue to vote "no," for whatever that's worth. I had someone else in mind for her.

European responsibilities will keep her, and Paul, on ice for a while. I wish JJ would call Roxanne.

I didn't like JJ saying that Chad is a sleaze with a rich daddy. Abby and her baby would not be alive if it weren't for Chad. He was the only one who initially believed anything was wrong in the first place. The story that Chad told Abby was sweet. I love how he is there for her.

Brady and Theresa still don't work for me. I never understood why the writers even put them together. I like Brady. I just don't like him with Theresa. That paring is not interesting to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back