Days of Our Lives - Tues., Dec., 23, 2014

Years ago, before cable, a plane could fly over a city, and detect the stations being watched in real time.

Can you give us some info to back that up??? Because until cable and computers, as Barb said, if you were a Nielsen participant, you had to keep a handwritten "TV diary" for every TV in your house.

I will research the matter; it was decades ago that I read about it. Probably in "Popular Science," or "Popular Mechanics," both of which I devoured.

In re: Doug......he was ranting at Hope.....really mostly about her failing to tell him. Yet, is this not the same man who was going with Julie, then when under the influence of a bit too much liquor, married Addie, then fathered Hope?
Yes, he eventually married Julie, but did they not divorce a couple of times? I remember Julie being on the Cruise of Deception alone, as she was divorced, I believe. ???
So yes, pot/kettle for Doug today.
Doug married Lee DuMonde after one of his divorces from Julie. They also found out at one point that Doug/Brent wasn't divorced from his first wife, Kim, when he married Addie, and then Julie, but he thought they were divorced. I wish they would at least mention that Hope has a half-brother, Douglas LeClair. :back:

I thought he was making a joke. It would be like someone going
around town at night listening to what TV shows people saw
and write it down :)

They didn't have the technology back then to identify individual homes. The plane could sample the stations being watched by reading the signals emitted by the folks' TV antennas. And, no... I have not worn an aluminum-foil hat, at least not yet. :)

I'm searching the web; no luck so far. I am pretty sure that a receiver simultaneously transmits a very weak signal when in use. I guess it's possible that what I remember reading was only a hypothetical discussion, making that salt grain a good idea...

Ugh, dear G-d, what a bad episode for the holidays! We have the garbage with Doug and Julie (who never cease to amaze me with how annoying they are) and then Eve & JJ.

Eve & JJ being on the Christmas Eve episode having another romp in the sack is so wrong on SO many levels. For one, it reminds me of the equally-repulsive Sami & EJ. Secondly, they talked a while ago of regretting their sex, yet go it again? And when both are supposedly concerned about Eve's daughter? What kind of sense does that make? All the comments on Facebook regarding this were negative, with many people saying they will no longer tune in. I hope the writers have changed the direction of this nasty "story".

Paige is dull as a doornail...no need for further comment. And frankly, I'm not into Serena and Eric. Unless they send them both off the show--that'd be fine by me. And I'm sick and tired of Melanie.

Forgot to add some things about Doug & Julie. Julie doesn't trust Aiden (perhaps understandably so)...yet she trusted Nick so much, despite knowing what he did to Will, Gabi, Sonny, etc??

And Doug (wow, what a hypocrite) refusing to shake hands or be courteous to Aiden, and saying Hope doesn't know him...well how is she supposed to get to know him? Certainly not by avoiding him in the hopes of her deserter ex-hubby returning. Plus, she has known Aiden for a long time. They didn't like each other at first, but at least they had interacted and gotten to know each other a tad for months before sleeping together. Doug should be glad that at least his daughter didn't immediately jump his bones, as other Salemites would. Besides, with how much Doug is absent, I wouldn't be surprised if Hope actually knew Aiden better than she knows her own father!:rotfl:

I've seen woman wear scarfs inside when it goes with an outfit.
Maybe Daniel is starting a new treand for men :)

The day Eve got home I laughed when she couln't get the round scarf off.

I would never fit in Salem. I wear a scarf when I'm outside never inside LOL

It just seems that the feel of one would be annoying, but I guess you get used to it. I don't know what's worse, scarves, or indoor hats, LOL!

TheWriter, here they wear baseball caps or farmers' caps (commonly known as "gimmie caps" because companies give them away for advertising). Even worse, restaurants are full of men wearing cowboy hats, which sort of breaks my heart, since cowboys are well-known for their remarkably good manners. When I was younger, it was unheard of to see a man inside wearing a hat, especially while eating in a restaurant. Sadly, it's a sign of the times.:back:

Years ago, the men I saw wearing hats indoors had varying degrees of baldness. What surprises me is how long the baseball hat deal has lasted. I really hate the ones with the flat brims! I guess for most folks, a hat is a fashion statement. And, I suspect that some are sort of hiding behind them... :back:

Back