Days of Our Lives - Tues., Jan. 24, 2017

If the TV weather people reported on today's episode, it would probably be boredom with scattered nastiness. At the Town Square, color-blocked Chad and Gabi were simply dull (although Arianna II was cute). At the teen loft, dullness was rampant, interspersed with random snark from Teen Ciara and real nastiness from brat-girl Claire. (NuJade put up with it, but old Jade might have decked the YouTube Queen.) Finally, at the police station, the various writers' torment of Nicole reached a new low (or high) with a tearful Nicole being dragged away from her newfound baby. Nasty stuff. Arianne Zucker (Nicole) did a good job with these scenes, but they were unpleasant to watch. It's as if the writers sit around trying to think of ways to bring misery to the Nicole character.

I never heard of "color-blocking" for clothes before. I think it would be fun to
have Kate dress Chad. I wonder what color she would him put in his hair? :)

I loved the scenes with Ari today. She was so cute.

I also enjoyed the man in the background with the raincoat. He was fun to watch.

I wonder what British show the adults watch in Salem? I kept thinking about
Midsomer Murders. It has different towns for every episode. It's been on
almost 20 years, but he doesn't have a crazy wife.

We found out today Roman has a truck since it was used to move the kids stuff.

Great seeing Belle today with Shawn and Abe. I enjoyed their talk to their kids
and going to the pub.

Let's all shout Hallelujah. Nicole finally knows Holly is her baby. But we forget
this is Salem and things don't always go like they want it to. Because Nicole is
with Deimos, Chloe won't let Nicole be with her baby. And before Nicole can
hold Holly she's arrested. Yep it's Salem.

Nicole knows Holly is her baby.

tumblr_mx7x5q7pi61r713xdo1_400.gif

I really liked how Brady was a bystander in the reveal scenes. Yes he did coerce Chloe but he also gets her concerns. You could tell he was torn between helping the 2 women.

I also caught the truck comment and thought it was funny Roman has a truck. Too bad he couldn't help with the move.

I appreciate how some might find the "color-blocking" talk to ave been silly and boring filler but I have to ask where else would we see this addressed?
Just watch Project Runway - Season 7 (2010) and Project Runway All Stars - Season 1 ( 2011). Mila Hermanovski was their queen of color-blocking.

Sorry, Troy, but Chad and Gabi could never hold a candle to Rick and Ilsa.

Thanks KathyLu I couldn't think of "Project Runway's" name so I referenced a hard-hitting PBS news documentary series instead but close enough, right? LOL

As far as the Rick/Ilsa/Chad/Gabi comparison goes there's no need to be sorry, that might have been a bit of hyperbole on my part. :)

I think that Nicole, even through her fury and devastation and shock, DID listen to what Chloe said about Deimos. She heard, even if she didn't want to. Chloe made a point, and Nicole got quiet, when Chloe mentioned that Deimos was the kind of person who made people want to kill him, and she didn't want Holly to live with that kind of danger, etc. Good point. Yelling and making threats within earshot of a little one is traumatizing.

I think that Nicole, even through her fury and devastation and shock, DID listen to what Chloe said about Deimos. She heard, even if she didn't want to. Chloe made a point, and Nicole got quiet, when Chloe mentioned that Deimos was the kind of person who made people want to kill him, and she didn't want Holly to live with that kind of danger, etc. Good point. Yelling and making threats within earshot of a little one is traumatizing.

I also was a little bit hopeful when Nicole seemed to take note of what Chloe said about Deimos being a magnet for danger. I am ready to be proven wrong in my thought that Nicole will still be too easily influenced by Deimos. After years of wanting Nicole to have a baby of her own, this was a disappointing way to go about it. It should have been a time of unadulterated joy for her but instead, she displayed more anger than anything else, not without cause but still, it wasn't a happy time for anybody.

Thank you to everyone who commented on Claire: Princess of Selfies and cruel "step-sister" to Cinderella, er, Jade. Never cared for this version of Ciara, but she calls out Claire. Claire is so insecure. "Nope, we're going to classes", they told Abe. This is the girl who believed her YouTube career would catapult her to fame-dom and college was really a waste of time. "Everyone knows if it isn't on social media, it's like it didn't happen".

Belle and Shawn, what the heck is wrong with this child? You really don't seem to see it. Shawn is between a rock and a hard place with his sister and daughter being so close in age. I bet he will always take the daughter's side. That's life, but his sister really could use his shoulder more. She has more real drama than the Queen of YouTube.

So they have re-aged her to 19? It confuses me often since Claire was born on the show over a year before Ciara. I understand they were aged but they aged Ciara to be older than Claire. I get that the actress for Ciara is really two years older but could the writers just once be consistent? :rotfl::angry::sarcasm:

Shawn-Douglas was born in 1987. Belle was born in 1993. Philip was born in 1995. Yet they were all SORAS'ed to be roughly the same age as teenagers in 1999.

Meanwhile, Abby was born in 1992. Will was born in 1995. But they became teens after Shawn-D, Belle and Philip. Abby was aged up to a teenager in 2004, while Will remained a kid and tween until 2008/2009.

Brady was also born in 1992 (5 months before Abby) and he was SORAS'ed way before her.

I wondered if Jade's parents made her do chores around the house while the other
kids didn't do that? She was left alone at the end cleaning up after the others.

Shawn-Douglas was born in 1987. Belle was born in 1993. Philip was born in 1995. Yet they were all SORAS'ed to be roughly the same age as teenagers in 1999.

Meanwhile, Abby was born in 1992. Will was born in 1995. But they became teens after Shawn-D, Belle and Philip. Abby was aged up to a teenager in 2004, while Will remained a kid and tween until 2008/2009.

Brady was also born in 1992 (5 months before Abby) and he was SORAS'ed way before her.

I think they even went backwards with Abby. I kinda remember she and Jen were gone for awhile and they showed up in Ireland, I want to say, and Abby was younger than when they left. She was like 6 or something. She's barely as old as she would be in real time.

Back