Days of Our Lives - Tues., Jan. 5, 2016

I'm cringing at the "at least you still have your mom" line. What a horrible thing to say to someone who is grieving a loss. I absolutely loathe those words, and yet so many people say them. My best friend lost her 3 and a half year old son, and I cannot count the number of times people have said to her face "at least you have 2 healthy children".

Ever wanted to punch someone in the face so hard?? Anyone who says those hurtful, mean, and insensitive words needs a punch in the face and a swift kick in the *you know what*.

I get so fired up! Can't believe the writers would even THINK to have a character say such a thing. :angry:

Just for the record, don't say those words. Don't think those words. Until you've lost a parent or a child, you have no idea what you are even talking about.

That said, bravo to all of the cast in regards to Daniel and the crash for the past two days. Suzanne Rogers (Maggie) has had me in tears with her. And Nicole as well. The acting has been very well done. My heart is so sad that this is happening though.

Last edited by a moderator:
May I ask why saying something like "At least you still have [insert family member here]." is so bad? What about Allie's note to Lucas "Will may be in Heaven, but you still have me."? Was that bad, too?

I bet the new kid who is partying with the Scooby gang is the one bullying Theo.

I'll take that bet! My money is on Chase. :)

Due to a serious attack of writer/tiic-disgust syndrome, I have fallen far behind in my "TODAY in Salem" postings. I very much dislike the shabby treatment of Shawn Christian (Daniel Jonas.) Would like to see soap actors insisting upon a "no irreversible death" clause in their contracts. Grief plots represent lazy writing; any hack can do it. I realize that I am "a voice crying out in the wilderness." :angry:

To Abby: Back off, woman! You don't have to dot every i, and cross every t in the next five minutes! Particularly when Chad is essentially mentally ill at this time. :rolleyes:

Maggie, in addition to bringing it home with her acting, is looking very good in the closeups.

Daniel has not been wearing The Necklace, of late. I wonder if that was deliberate. :rolleyes: I would be happy to make a modest donation to his local Arrowhead Adventure Camp, in exchange for having that necklace in my hands for only five minutes.

I'm really liking the newly mature JJ. Now, if he would only call Roxanne...

@Lilo, healthy people "donate" organs in China, and some places in the Middleeast. :(

@harley, there are many claims that transplants sometimes bring some mental characteristics with them. There have been lab experinents that have caused me to keep an open mind about such things.

http://www.apa.org/monitor/2010/06/memory-transfer.aspx

@JasonDS, I guess that EJ could be Thomas's father. :eek: :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back