Days of Our Lives - Tues., Jan. 7, 2020

Just Samantha

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Quickie summary:

JJ sits in the Horton house, talking with Julie about his addiction and how he didn't get proper help in the past. Later, Maggie comes in and offers her support, then gets a call telling her about Victor's stroke and she races out.

Gabi tells Lani if she doesn't keep her mouth shut and leave town, she'll use the app to crank up Julie's pacemaker and kill her.

Eli goes to see Lani (about the broken window at GabiChic) who tells him a little of what Gabi did (only that Gabi made her beg on her knees for Stefan's heart). Eli's shocked, but that wasn't a reason to break his heart.

Brady and Nicole talk about Kristen; Nicole notes how she's under his skin. John arrives and tells Brady about Victor, who doesn't seem to care at first, but eventually goes to the hospital.

Gabi and Kristen go back and forth about the DiMera shares. Kristen makes the comment about how if Gabi doesn't get Kristen's shares, then Gabi is jobless, homeless and without the DiMera money at her fingertips.

When Nicole is alone in the Basic Black office (or workroom, whatever it is), Kristen comes in and says they're now working together.

Xander berates Ciara for causing Victor's stroke.

Ciara stands at Victor's bedside, begging him not to die, to wake up and tell her what he and Xander did (regarding Ben).

A comment is made about Victor getting the best medication available to break up the blood clot that caused the stroke. Later, Xander vows to Maggie he'll make sure Victor gets the best medical care available, he'll do whatever it takes to see Victor recover.

JJ and Julie are walking through the private area of the park and encounter Lani (in the full nun habit) pulling her suitcase. Julie hopes she's leaving town. Lani lies and says she was only in town to see Abe, but is now leaving. Eventually JJ and Lani are alone and he thanks her for stopping him from shooting Kristen and wishes he could do something to repay her. She says there is something; it's risky but she could use his help.

Thanks, JS. I was making notes to do a summary and cable guy came early.

Julie talked to JJ about the party crashers at the New Year's party and how
it was turning into a tradition.

Nicole talked to Brady about how Kristen showed up in her traditional
red dress.

Nicole told John that Kristen is back in town.

Xander got upset with Ciara because she didn't call Maggie to tell her
about Victor. Xander called her. Xander hugged Maggie when she
got to the hospital. Later, Xander gave her a handkerchief.

I didn't realize Basic Black was still part of the DiMera. What's Brady going
to do when he finds out Kristen is working there now?

It's too bad Lani didn't tell Eli the bigger reason why she left him at the altar.

Thanks, all. Did Lani tell JJ what Gabi did? Julie......Party Crashers, indeed. So, the door is not locked after all the invited are there? And Lani chickens out to Eli about Gabi (W H Y) just saying she had to beg on knees???
I thought Basic Black was part of Titan. Guess not. Is it really DiMera owned??
So Victor had a stroke, needs to have a blood clot dissolved. Is he on oxygen? Tubes?
And Lani is pretending to still be a nun? How did Kristen get to be "working" with Nicole at Basic Black???

When Gabi told Kristen "I'm not afraid of you", I was reminded of the scene from Star Wars Rebels in which Ezra (the Jedi in training) confronts Darth Vader (before Vader easily defeats and almost destroys him) and says the same thing. Vader - "Then you'll die braver than most". LOL, Gabi is so in over her head.

Oh come on Brady. Don't act like you don't love your grandfather. I hope Victor going to be ok.

Lani why can't you just tell Eli? He was a police officer too. The two of you totally could have taken Gabi down. And now what? She's going to confide in JJ? Why not Eli?

We are leaving in the RV tomorrow for about 5 weeks so I won't be seeing any. Hopefully I will get to keep up with the recaps and make note when something I've been waiting for happens so I can watch on demand when I get home.

Did Lani tell JJ what Gabi did?
Not yet; the show ended with her saying there was something he could do to help her, but it was risky.
How did Kristen get to be "working" with Nicole at Basic Black???
We didn't see how it happened (yet), just that she walked in and dropped that little bomb on Nicole.

Lani why can't you just tell Eli? He was a police officer too. The two of you totally could have taken Gabi down. And now what? She's going to confide in JJ? Why not Eli?
And that is my huge problem with this storyline. Currently, Eli is bedding Gabi. How easy for him to take her phone, he is a smart cop (or was), get it "dead". However he does it, he could easily do it. No, Lani still won't tell him, confide in him, trust him.

So, now that Kristen is back and not a nun, why would Gabi think that she would sell her shares of DiMera to either her or Chad? Kristen wants to get back in the picture, so she won't sell them to anyone. But, of course, she will make the same offer to work together to both Chad and Gabi.

And, why is someone who is pretending to be a nun staying in a hotel room? Why isn't she staying at a convent or with her father? I know why she isn't staying at a convent, but no one questions why someone who has taken a vow of poverty can afford to stay at the Salem Inn, which is where I assume the room is? Does Abe even know she is in town? And, speaking of the hotel room she and Kristen are sharing. . .we had the same comments when Eve and Jack were sharing the room, but why are Kristen and Lani sharing a bed?

@macgyverswife, have a safe trip!

I'm finding it really hard to follow the full show on a daily basis. Nothing keeps my interest at the moment and I fast forward a lot.

I'm tired of seeing Ciara in scenes with everyone except her mother.

I'm not interested in another rehash of Brady and Nicole.

I'm bored beyond words with Kristen and Lani's friendship. These 2 should not be in constant scenes together.

This version of Xander doesn't work for me. He should be a grey character bordering on villainous. We don't need another Jeannie Theresa with the sudden personality change.

I hope February sweeps are better

I'd argue Xander is grey. Ciara is the heroine of the show (at least is a favourite of the head writer) and good guys don't usually make threats to the heroine. However, I generally agree that everything on the show (save Xander) is lame to the max.

I wonder who crashed New Year's on the year we skipped. And I hope nobody crashes this coming year. (Whatever year we argue that will be in Salem.)

Or ever again.

I lol'ed when Kristen initially refused to help Lani without a second thought. She didn't give a rat's *bleep* someone's life was on the line (Julie's)

What a great friend and a wonderful person Kristen has become. That stint in the convent truly opened her eyes. :sarcasm:

THAT is what is wrong with this story. Kristen spent a year praying, listening to gospels, living with women who loved and obeyed the laws of God, who were selfless, caring, helpful, etc. But while she constantly talked of taking her final vows, she turned on a dime, along with Lani, stole the habits, and ran off, back to Salem. (one wonders where they got the money for the air fare, and hotel room. LOL) And while Kristen claimed to be atoning for her sins, asking forgiveness from God, she was back to being the same ol rotten Kristen she always was.

I guess my issue with Xander is regarding the way he fawns over Sarah. Seems inconsistent with the rest of his behavior right now.

Back