Days of Our Lives -Tues., March 24, 2020

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Hope is having a bad dream – Gina is standing beside her bed, taunting her that she is taking Hope's body back, Hope will be gone forever, then plunges a hypo into Hope's chest. She wakes startled, grabs her chest, is fine, but upset. Kayla arrives, Hope tells her of the dream, Kayla assures her she is fine, no Gina, Rolf did his “thing”. Hope asks about Steve, Kayla avoids, Hope questions, finally learning that even if Steve gets his old self back, intact, Kayla has moved on, is with someone else. She explains about Justin, both newly single, having been in long term loving relationships, etc. etc. Just as Hope asks if Kayla might still want to be with old Steve should he return, Justin appears. Kayla glad to see him, he came to see Hope, hugs, she extends sympathies, etc.

Earlier, Justin was at the cop shop, greeting a nervous Ciara, telling her how he convinced a judge that even if Salem D.A. not going to prosecute Evan, it is apparent that Ben is not guilty. Judge agreed, signed release for Ben, who comes walking in. She jumps on him, kissing, Justin smiling. They thank him a lot, leave, go to square, she wants him to move in with her at mansion. Nope, Victor would be impossible. She agrees about that, both really want to be alone with each other, no one else. They go into Salem Inn, therein follows a silly scene of them in hallway, she asks why he doesn't open the door, he says she has the key, oh, yeah, she delves into her purse, pulls it out, he wonders why she doesn't open the door, she is nervous, so is he, both feel the other's hearts beating fast (gosh this is ridiculous) and finally go into the room, then opening it to hand the Do Not Disturb Sign on it.

Nicole spots lab technician at hospital, stops to ask if lab results in, should be within an hour. He will let her know as soon as they come in. Eric overhears, of course, they go back and forth about what tests, he wonders if she might be pregnant, no, just some blood tests, she is fine. Tech returns, hands her the envelope, Eric curious why she doesn't open right away. She makes up excuses, promising nothing wrong with her, blah, blah. He tells her Mickey coming home today, she is happy to hear.

Sarah comes home, sees Xander sitting waiting for her, thinks she knows what he has been keeping from her, but he surprises her, has built a small bed for Mickey (not crib) for when she comes home. Hugs, professions of love, thank yous, etc.

Maggie is making her apology rounds before leaving for prison. First up is Sonny, & Will, who learn that despite Uncle Vic's lawyers trying to get her off, she told them to stop, feels she has to pay. She does heartfelt speeches to Sonny, and to Will, Justin comes in, he is next. All forgive her, love her. Next she goes to say goodbye to Sarah, telling Xander she knows he will take good care of Sarah, and she gives them her blessings on their upcoming wedding. Finally, with everyone gone, she is alone with Victor, who tells how much he loves her, counts on her. She loves him, too, his arm around her, with her head on his shoulder after sharing a kiss.

Sarah is very upset at the idea of her mom going to prison. Xander comes in, she moans about why her sister had to come, all her mom wanted to do was see her, and her grandchild. She wants to concentrate on Mickey right now. Xander leaves. Eric comes in, she just wants to take Mickey home, concentrate on good news.

Nicole opens the envelope at last, is shocked to read that she was wrong, Xander did not switch the babies, Kristen & Brady not a match with Mickey.

At the hospital, the lab tech is walking past, Xander comes in, giving him big fat envelope. The tech assures him the results show the samples did not match. Xander says he gets a bonus to forget it all. Lab guy certainly will, walks away, Xander mutters, as will I.

So.......Xander makes this nice little bed, (the kind for ages 2 to around 6), very low to the ground, 4 big poles.....for when Mickey comes home. But at the hospital, Sarah hangs over this tiny crib, or maybe bassinet, blankets on the sides........in which Mickey is supposedly sleeping. Two things not making sense.
Also, it is March in mid-west, No jacket or coat on Nicole in her very thin dress, tho Sarah had one she took off when she came home to Xander's surprise ....the newly built little bed.

I'm starting to despise Nicole, which is sad as I've been a big fan of her in the past. She's lying again to Eric. And, I'm sorry, but any child would be better off without unstable, evil Kristen in his or her life. Furthermore, I think her motivation is less than pure. I'm getting a serious revenge vibe directed at Xander here from Nicole. Yet another character the "writers" are slowly ruining, how sad.

So...there's not more to the story of the switch or the accident?

Colour me unimpressed.

And I'm sorry, the time jump was interesting, but not interesting enough for so many recaps. I don't need to see Hope-less reacting to everything someone recites to her from the January summaries.

Elsewhere I hope Xander and the mousy tech get away with it. Seriously. Kristen the Kritter and Bottle-fed Brady are horrible and should never get near their alleged spawn.

I don't really feel that way about Nicole. I think she's torn, because she hates Kristen with a passion but she does care about Brady. But has she not learned a thing. You never never get a DNA test in Salem. Ugh, I hope this baby thing is done soon, one way or the other. I still hoping for a random 3rd baby.

I was hoping someone would talk Maggie out of going to jail.

I am still not convinced that Hope is Hope.

Yay! Ben is finally out!!!

I was thinking Mackenzie is a little small for that bed too. She's not a year yet. Still needs a crib.

What is amazing, in Salem, is that Maggie said she was guilty, received her sentence, (and we have not heard what it is) and here she is doing this apology tour, saying goodbye to her daughter & Xander......and no one is around to take her to the jail! Guess they figure she will show up on her own, huh?
What disappointed me was I thought they would rerun the end of Mondays show, with Evan returning, to the room, giving David to Rafe, etc. I was able to see most of the show on line, except the end! The last 3 minutes were not shown. Grrrr.

Yes, truly want another twist on that accident, definitely end of baby switch, (but don't want Kristen to get custody) so hope another twist there, as well. If Only!

......and no one is around to take [Maggie] to the jail! Guess they figure she will show up on her own, huh?
This is done quite often especially for people with money.

Recently, I saw a show on TV about a man who was convicted of raping his 3-month old daughter. Although he had no money to speak of, he was allowed to go home to wrap up his affairs and was supposed to turn himself in on a certain date. Instead, he rang the doorbell of a stranger, entered and murdered the woman. It was later found out that he didn't want to go to jail for raping a baby, so he decided the other prisoners would go easier on him if he was "only" a murderer. Go figure.

Even without reading the spoilers, I know this story is not over. Unless they fired Suzanne Rogers (Maggie) and we don't know about it. I am sure Summer will be back and be proven to be the one who caused the accident and left her mother to take the rap. And I am looking forward to how they will handle the baby switch story which seems to be starting to go someplace. But, like most of you, I do not want to see Kristen with a baby. She has not and will never be redeemed to me.

I guess I'm just happy that there's intrigue about how it is that Maggie will not spend any time in jail. It gives us something to try to figure out. But I'm guessing it's just Summer like we all think, especially since she was specifically mentioned by Sarah. I would love to find it's some really weird twist.

Justin: Strike up the band. The bumbling barrister finally won a case. The pigs will be flying around the city hall tower tonight.

Nicole: How could she have any faith In a DNA test done by some sketchy hospital employee? Anyone who looked at him would be convinced that he's just the type who'd take a bribe to fix the test. As for the results of the test itself, the result was a big anti-climax as the writers, as usual, missed a chance to do something different. A good twist would be that the guy whom Xander bribed thought that the X-Man was trying to avoid parental responsibilities (as so often happens in real life) by asking him to find Eric was the father and not himself. Thus when the results showed Xander and Sarah were the parents, Eric was substituted as the father.

Maggie: Her exercise in self-punishment by going to prison is really irritating.
  • The D.A. should have told her to take her confession and go home because by now there's no evidence left that could corroborate it.
  • Victor would put in the fix regardless of what his wife wanted.
  • Nobody has brought up to Maggie how bad prison life can be (she's not exactly convict material). Will and Hattie could easily have done this.

Thanks for the summary. I haven't watched yet but since it's been stated that Summer was mentioned today, it seems likely she will be the one who drove the car, as many here had already speculated. I don't think she's been mentioned lately so today's mention is probably significant.

I'm not as optimistic about the baby switch. Like many of you, I do not want Brady and Kristen to be the parents. However, I fear it will end up that way, since they seem to be going out of their way to present them as a loving couple, and at the same time, attempting to redeem her. I don't want her redeemed. I want her gone!

I also am afraid Gina will resurface. If they don't keep her gone, and get rid of fake Stefano, I don't know how much more I can take. I'm now fast-forwarding all of his scenes.

KathyLu, that story is just too horrible, in every respect.

Dr. B........The thing about Maggie........isn't it really she doesn't remember a thing? She THINKS she probably drove. All that is known is her car was in a ditch, she was passed out, Xander called Vic who sent someone to get her, bring her home, etc. Sure wish the show would use some common sense.

yes, I sure do hope that Summer is the guilty party, leaves a confession on her dying bed, or something. Letter to Maggie or Justin, to be delivered upon her death? Something!

Yeah, Maggie and Will both assumed they were the responsible/guilty party, but that's the only "proof" based on what's been shown on screen to this point. I think there will be more to the accident, and that the flashback week was deliberately vague in that regard because the details we have don't quite make sense, but I don't think it'll involve Summer. I'm not basing that on anything other than a hunch; I just think Ron Carlivati meant for Summer to essentially be a red herring before we find out what really happened that night.

Thanks, Poirot.

Nice surprise at the end with Xander paying off the lab tech.

Nicole should know better than having DNA test done at the Salem hospital. She knows
how often they are tampered with.

Hopefully, Hope was having a dream and Gina isn't actually trying to pop back out.

Where will Ben live? Will he live at the K-mansion? At Rafe's house? Will Ben get
new a job?

Back