Days of Our Lives -Tues., May 4, 2010

Barb, thanks for your wonderful write-ups. I never get to watch Days while I am on vacation. At first I didn't even think I would get to read these. My daughter came through letting me borrow her laptop while I'm here.

Very disappointed though to miss the 2 bare chests! :(

Just found out that viewing the show 'live' today may be a problem .... The mayor of NYC just had a news conference .... and mentioned a 'press briefing' at 1 PM from DC about last nite's arrest .... so, if they cut to it .... bye-bye Days. :( Don't know if the rest of the country is as interested as the local area is .... so, you might 'survive' .... or not. :(

For those that miss the show, perhaps you can watch it at nbc.com. The show is posted a day behind. My office computer won't load it, or I'd watch during lunch. My poor cell phone (with a large screen) has been having issues with the site off and on recently. I'm almost done with Friday, April 23rd, but could not pull up the show yesterday.

Almost forgot, thanks for the write up Barb. I appreciate them very much, especially with the issues above.

Im new at the posting thing but I just wanted to say that Stephanie is really getting on my nerves, I just want to reach through the tv and shake her and say....hello if your gonna get rid of your pills take your NAME and infor off of them.....geez. Plus why throw them in a PUBLIC trash can......flush them. Man I think the women in salem slept in on the day they gave out brains

Plus why throw them in a PUBLIC trash can......flush them.

I agree with the bit about Stephanie. And throwing the pills in a public trash can is not extactly the smartest thing to do. I did want to say though that most medications are not supposed to be fllushed anymore. There are some concerns about medication levels in water ways. According to the FDA's site, here's how you're supposed to dispose of medications now:
"It is important to note that disposal by flushing is not recommended for the vast majority of medicines. Unused or expired medicines that do not have flushing directions in the label can be disposed of safely in the household trash by:

Mixing them with something that will hide the medicine or make it unappealing, such as kitty litter or used coffee grounds. [I've seen it suggested that the pills be disolved in water before adding the kitty litter or coffee grounds]
Placing the mixture in a container such as a sealed plastic bag. [Other suggestions are putting them in a non-permiable container, like a plastic bottle and taping the lid shut/]
Throwing the container in your household trash."

Here's the link. http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm101653.htm

Okay, public service announcement over now. :back:

Back