Days of Our Lives - Tues., Nov. 25, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, November 25, 2014

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz, yawnnnn. Ooops, sorry. Nodded off there for a bit. A wet, just out of the shower Nicole opens the door to a shocked Melanie, who proceeds to get her nose completely out of joint at Nicole being in her father's apartment. She badgers Nicole a bit, but Nicole isn't bothered, just keeps telling her to talk to her father. Melanie can't get over her dad not telling her that he & Nicole were friends, and only talks of wanting to surprise him & other family. Nicole is dressed and ready to go out the door, telling her her dad will be back soon. And here he comes, is very surprised, Nicole leaves them to catch up.

Melanie lets her dad know she is not thrilled about Nicole & he being friends again, he tells her to butt out, that they have worked out their differences, and she should be nice. He questions her about her sudden decision to come back to Salem, Melanie gives him the same song and dance she gave to Maggie, friends, family there, not knowing anyone in Europe except for Mom, and since Gabi is gone, and her friend is moving to Salem, why not?

Chad comes into the hospital looking for Jordan, learns she is with a patient in PT, ignores the "you can't go in there", and does, finding Jordan with Paul. He recognizes Paul, who recognizes Chad from the Sonix story. Blah, Blah. Paul finally stops his flirting with Jordan, realizes she & Chad are "seeing each other", and leaves. Later, in his room, he is reading that article again, when Marlena arrives, wondering if perhaps he is no longer partially sedated, he might want to talk about his surgery, and what if it did not work. Nope, he is fine, has not changed his mind, thanks for coming, bye. She leaves.

Ben is behind the bar, Clyde comes in, Ben gives him coffee on the house, proceeds to be wiping glasses (hey, Health dept. prefers air drying, Ben), Clyde lets Ben know about Chad's now being the co-CEO of DiMera Enterprises, so perhaps won't be around that much. They joke about how Chad had to pull himself up by his bootstraps to become CEO of his daddy's company, Clyde talking of Chad's Harvard BA, and Ben then noting he is pretty sure Chad did not even finish his sophmore year at Salem U.

Over at the hospital, Chad is visiting with Jordan, kissing, making out a bit, talking, etc. Ben comes in to tell Jordan something, stops at seeing Chad who immediately says he is supposed to be working. They do a bit of verbal jabbing back & forth, with Ben noting that with all the things Chad has to do now, amazing he has time to check Ben's schedule. He then says he is working, delivered coffee to a new client. Chad says goodbye to Jordan, will talk to her later, quick kiss. Ben says "what a jerk" after Chad is gone, Jordan agrees, only says "yes, you were".

Abby talks with Jennifer, as they have tea, happy her mom is back, both happy they will be working together at the hospital. Jen is adamant about things just not working with Daniel, knows Abby thinks highly of him, that is fine. She mentions JJ having problems with Paige, but that Abby is glowing, and hears all about what a wonderful guy Ben is.
Later Abby meets up with Ben, kiss, kiss, let's go to my apartment.

Daniel talks to Eric, tells him all about being friends again with Nicole, working out their differences. Eric gets a bit uptight, but acknowledges that both Daniel & Nicole are free to do what they please, then offers Dan a beer. Daniel though, admits there is an attraction for her, at least on his part, has no idea where it might go, but would not even begin to think of whatever, unless Eric is sure there is no way for him & Nicole to work things out. They talk a bit, Eric evidently assures him there is no way for him to be with Nicole again. (Flashback to her crying as she asks how Eric can forgive Brady, Kristen, Daniel, & not her)

Nicole is all dressed, bumps into Maggie in the square, mentions Melanie, Maggie realizes Nicole had to be at Daniel's, warns Nicole if she hurts Daniel again, she will not be dealing with Melanie but with Maggie herself.
Nicole meets Daniel at the Pub, they talk a bit about Melanie, Daniel set her straight about his friendship with Nicole, mentions talking to Eric, too.

Kate comes to see Marlena, is in a hurry, but they are talking about how Will is not responding to Sonny's phone messages and texts. Marlena thinks Will has been only out there a short time, so just needs to settle in. Kate leaves, runs into Clyde, they exchange a few words about Chad, with Clyde giving her a pep talk, a smile, etc. Jordan happens to see/hear this, goes chasing after Kate to confront her about "bringing that psychopath to Salem.
Clyde though, is sitting in Marlena's office, she is talking of how he said he didn't want to be like his father, and what did he mean. Clyde answers...My father was a monster.

Jen goes to visit Eric, bringing a plant, small talk about Daniel, Nicole, both breaking things off with those people. Jen admires Eric's framed pictures of places in Africa, talks of wanting him to finish up everything for the new pediatric wing, and how she was working while gone. Eric says there were bad times in Africa, but good ones, too, and he wishes he could relive those.

Paul is still reading or rereading that article about Chad, when his door opens. He looks up, someone is there, we can tell, but Paul just smiles..."Now that is what I call hospitality"

Chad is on the phone with Mr. Shin, accepting congratulations, assuring him he has lots of ideas about directions for the company. He intends to make his father proud,live up to the DiMera name. He hangs up, and in walks Melanie. Good to see you finally admitting to the man you are! .

What fun Jennifer and Eric are together - NOT! Why is Abigail looking so dowdy? Her hair looks plastered down on top and I have liked her hair in the past (not the bun)! I can't believe all there is still hemming and hawing over Daniel with Jennifer. They broke up, enough!

So Nicole can't be friends with anyone - what else is new. I was glad when she told Melanie to take it up with her dad! Melanie's hair by the way looked nice.

I laughed when Marlena said that little bit about liking Kate after she left the office. It seemed genuine and not scripted! LOL

I wonder wonder who, be-doooo who....who is in Paul's door. :rotfl:I think I know and I hope I'm right because it sure would liven things up in my opinion.

Hey, did Chad rape Melanie, or rip her kids away from her, or sit back while her husband was brain-washed and locked away? NO? Then can she comment or speculate on his Dimera-ishness? So far, Chad is a freaking puppy when it compared to the evil Dimeras who came before him.

Yep JS, and from the looks of all that cash she's toting around, it doesn't seem she's too clean this time around either!

Melanie calling out Chad for his Dimera-ishness today kind of reminded me of the confrontation between Sonny and Chad after Gabi and Nick's failed wedding when Chad spilled Nick wasn't the father of Gabi's baby. Chad tried to explain to Sonny in the church vestibule but Sonny angrily sneered "you Dimera" as if it was a derogatory slur. :rotfl:

Jen, Jen needs serious hair help. It looks like dried out old dull lackluster straw.

As for Melanie, didn't Carly's husband have something to do with mistreating or keeping her away?

Carly's husband, Lawrence Alamain, gave Melanie away shortly after she was born.....to Trent Robbins. When she was a teen, Trent used her to help pay his gambling debts, and she really more or less was fending for herself, "the party girl".

Wednesday, 11/26 is the last day of November sweeps, and it really is hard to believe Days has produced mostly "filler" scenes for the last couple of weeks.

I am so tired of the holier than though Eric! He can forgive the woman that raped him but not Nicole who risked her life to clear him and then didn't tell him after he said he was in love with her?! She wanted that more than anything. It makes no sense and I am so tired of him acting like that!

Just a little trivia, I saw in the Soap Opera Digest that Greg Vaughn's (Eric) birthday is June 15th. Just coincidentally so is Eileen Davidson's (Kristen), the portrayer of his rapist. And more coincidentally it's also my birthday. :) I just thought it was funny they have the same birthday. Doesn't take much to amuse me.

I feel like today's entire episode centered around Daniel, whether he was in the scene or not. :rolleyes: And Maggie is now going to go all Momma Bear over her precious grown man egg baby? Puh-leaze!
Eric's toaster oven has had more screen time and mentions than Rafe has this week :angry:

The Nicole-Melanie scenes were way too forced. I fast forwarded the Daniel-Nicole scenes yesterday but when she spilled the tea, she didn't look like she was too dirty to me. Plus why wouldn't she just go home to take a shower and change? I hate these forced plot devices.

I didn't realize Daniel's apartment was a 3 bedroom. :rolleyes:

And I hate the lack of continuity. Marlena did not mention anything about Jennifer's voice mail from yesterday. Plus her assistant called Clyde earlier in the SAME day to make an appointment. So someone as "busy" as he is with his "product" is just going to drop everything and run to her?

I hope Kate gets everything coming to her and then some. Though I still don't care about Jordan or her forced anger.

Thanks for the write up. Didn't see it all, my mom had a doctor's appointment. Doesn't look like I missed anything. lol

I was wondering if the money belonged to Melanie, maybe it was her friends. lol don't much care.

Daniel's apartment grows or shrinks when it needs to. It did that
when Sami used to live there.

There must have been a back splash sale in Salem since we see the
same pattern a lot.

Did Eric tell everyone in Salem, but Nicole where he moved?

I laughed when Clyde told Ben about Annabelle's coffee and
Kate didn't like it. Did Clyde let it slip out on purpose?

I have to say that I was enjoying Ben and Clyde trash-talking Chad then I remembered that Clyde is a totally loathsome dirtbag and that nothing real or meaningful will come from this "bonding" moment. I even started to feel badly for Ben but then he had to go and blow it and put his idiot cap back on with Chad. :rolleyes:

If I could I would give Ben the same advice my mom used to give me when I was a little kid and having trouble with bullies: "Just ignore him and he will go away." But I'm not sure I could phase it simple enough terms that Ben would be able to understand.

Well, it's November Sleeps for sure. Thanks for the summary, Poirot. But I'm glad I missed this one--Melanie's return is a disappointment, Nicole keeps getting dragged through the mud, Abby's only storyline is to bump uglies with Boring Ben, Maggie is still nosy, and everyone is still talking about Jennifer & Daniel...how is THIS entertainment?

Oh forever more, are there really any women who go around making threats to protect their middle age sons concerning their love lives? And to think, I used to enjoy Maggie.

I'm behind on reading spoilers. Are there any that reveal the identity of Melanie's friend who also is coming to Salem?

Thank you for the summary. I'm much too tired to watch all this silly stuff.

Back