Days of Our Lives - Tues. Oct. 14, 2014

Thanks Poirot. I haven't watched yesterday's or today's episodes, and probably won't (still undecided). I really have no interest in watching Salem go all morbid over a man that has tortured pretty much the entire town, even if the story is about how they're really just supporting Sami.

I thought it was interesting Nicole called Mary and Taylor today.
I would like to see Nicole and Sami call a truce too.

Ben is a very understanding man. He went right over to see
Abby after he heard about EJ.

Nice to see Caroline with Marlena at the mansion.

Since Stefano has the EJ's body, what's in the urn?
Will anyone look inside?

First off, katmouse, you totally nailed it. Forget the Dimera's, Kiriakis', and Ciara. Jennifer's wardrobe is the scariest thing in Salem.

Second, how many more days am I going to have to watch a woman bawl over her rapist who she once shot in the head? The attempt at selling EJ as a flawed hero and Sami and EJ as an epic supercouple is making me nauseous.

I don't care that EJ is dead (well maybe dead), I'm just glad he's off my screen and can't wait until I no longer have to listen to the pathetic twit he married.

Would take a lot more than that tiny injection full of embalming fluid to preserve the body for the trip to Italy.

Except in Salem, LOLOL.

Although line of the day goes to JJ : "What ! Because the guy is dead (EJ), we're supposed to think he was a Saint ?" :clap::clap:

Yes! I loved this too!! Very genuine sentiment, NOT said around Abby.

Eric was completely superfluous today, and every day. But MEMO TO NICOLE: If you're looking to avoid a Brady, the Brady Pub is not a place to be.

So Nicole is a reporter, yet she hadn't heard the news of EJ's death. Given her profession, realistically she would've known before EJ was cold. Seems they needed a purpose for Dr. Tan today so he logically had to be the one to break the news to her. :rolleyes: ...
Also, Nicole was in Chicago working on a story until apparently 15 seconds before this episode started.

I enjoyed today's show, although both Abby and Jen need some fashion help. I was not a big fan of that bikini with a coat over it Abby was sporting. I know she supposedly had just gone for a run, but it looked weird in my opinion.

Anyway, I loved the scenes between Daniel and Nicole. Eric seems to be channeling Jen with his garbage about "You're friends with people like Kristen and Nicole, what's wrong with you?" :rolleyes: As I've said before, it would save us all a lot of time if Eric and Jen would just go be judgmental towards everyone together so that we don't have to see it twice. And I hope he doesn't interfere with Daniel and Nicole's rebuilding their friendship.:beat: Also I thought there was far more chemistry in Daniel and Nicole's brief hug than I've ever seen in all his interactions with Jen.

I am finding myself really upset that Stefano stole EJ's body. I don't know why that upsets me more than the million other evil things Stefano has done over the years, but something about not respecting EJ's wishes regarding his own death really bothers me. Sami or no Sami, if EJ wanted to be cremated and not be in the family plot, that should have been respected. I also find it a bit weird that Stefano had disowned EJ until 30 seconds after his death, then suddenly wants his remains because EJ was his son:confused:.

I find Sami's grief believable, especially the way they're now portraying it that she is okay one minute and sobbing the next. Irrespective of my personal opinion of her relationship with EJ, she loved him, and it owuldn't make sense for her to not grieve just because he isn't the man we wanted to see her with. However, if there is to be no funeral because Sami wants to protect the kids from a public spectacle, then I hope the rest of Salem will follow Nicole's lead for once and give Sami some space. If all of Salem ends up in her living room, it defeats the purpose of not having a funeral.

Having Nicole contact Taylor was a nice touch. It was nice to see them acknowledge Nicole has a family, although she probably hasn't talked to Taylor since Taylor cheated on her with EJ all those years ago. But the idea that it isn't 100% Nicole alone against the world makes me happy anyway.

So Nicole is a reporter, yet she hadn't heard the news of EJ's death. Given her profession, realistically she would've known before EJ was cold. Seems they needed a purpose for Dr. Tan today so he logically had to be the one to break the news to her. :rolleyes: Sorry, but my everlasting dislike of Daniel knows no bounds.

You summed up my feelings for Eric perfectly. I'm still waiting on Nicole to tell him once and for all what bridge he can go fling himself off of.

At least he appears to be making amends with Nicole. Makes him a bit more tolerable.

I enjoyed today's show, although both Abby and Jen need some fashion help. I was not a big fan of that bikini with a coat over it Abby was sporting. I know she supposedly had just gone for a run, but it looked weird in my opinion.

Anyway, I loved the scenes between Daniel and Nicole. Eric seems to be channeling Jen with his garbage about "You're friends with people like Kristen and Nicole, what's wrong with you?" :rolleyes: As I've said before, it would save us all a lot of time if Eric and Jen would just go be judgmental towards everyone together so that we don't have to see it twice. And I hope he doesn't interfere with Daniel and Nicole's rebuilding their friendship.:beat: Also I thought there was far more chemistry in Daniel and Nicole's brief hug than I've ever seen in all his interactions with Jen.

I am finding myself really upset that Stefano stole EJ's body. I don't know why that upsets me more than the million other evil things Stefano has done over the years, but something about not respecting EJ's wishes regarding his own death really bothers me. Sami or no Sami, if EJ wanted to be cremated and not be in the family plot, that should have been respected. I also find it a bit weird that Stefano had disowned EJ until 30 seconds after his death, then suddenly wants his remains because EJ was his son:confused:.

I find Sami's grief believable, especially the way they're now portraying it that she is okay one minute and sobbing the next. Irrespective of my personal opinion of her relationship with EJ, she loved him, and it owuldn't make sense for her to not grieve just because he isn't the man we wanted to see her with. However, if there is to be no funeral because Sami wants to protect the kids from a public spectacle, then I hope the rest of Salem will follow Nicole's lead for once and give Sami some space. If all of Salem ends up in her living room, it defeats the purpose of not having a funeral.

Having Nicole contact Taylor was a nice touch. It was nice to see them acknowledge Nicole has a family, although she probably hasn't talked to Taylor since Taylor cheated on her with EJ all those years ago. But the idea that it isn't 100% Nicole alone against the world makes me happy anyway.

I agree with many things you said, but some I don't. I agree about Stefano disowning EJ one minute and then now that he is dead, he is upset. But I find that to be a typical reaction. Even Chad and Kristen, who were mad at EJ, are now grieving. And let's not forget Stefano disowned EJ before after the FakeRafe thing, then later forgave him.

But I really could care less if EJ's wishes were disrespected. If one wants respect, one must earn it. EJ not only betrayed his father several times, but also did awful things to practically everyone in town, including his own wife.

As for Sami, I still don't believe she loved him The minute after learning of his romp with Abby, she was primping in the mirror when Rafe came over, hinting that she wants him back, and throwing tantrums when he said he was over her. If she truly loved EJ, this never would've happened. The woman can't be alone, and I don't think she truly knows what love is.

And Nicole and Taylor did mend fences after the truth of FakeRafe came out, she was even going to stay with Taylor once people learned that she lied about Jennifer killing her baby. It was nice to see Nicole's reaction to EJ's death, as well as calling Taylor.

DNA can be done on ashes, right?

I loved it when Stefano told Kristen, that *bleep* won't ever know whose body she has, or something like that.

It depends on how well the body was burned. Sorry, didn't mean to be crude or offensive, but I believe that is true. If there are still bone fragments or something, yes DNA tests can be done, but I don't think so otherwise. I could be wrong: I'm just guessing.

But I don't see why Sami would do a DNA test--she has nothing to be suspicious of, to her knowledge.

Well once again I did quite a bit of fast forwarding - Marlena struggling with that box then the urn had me chuckling...and I kind of felt bad for that.

I was thinking about John though and what his reaction will be to the news of Elvis' demise... :OT: and now that's he's out of his coma will be jump right out of bed again ... or will he need some therapy from Jordan? :back:

I enjoyed Will telling Samantha that she didn't need to try and think of everything, that she has people to help her. I also liked that Samantha is thinking now about getting the kids away :clap:

I was wondering that too, Meldrel. I also felt bad for Marlena, as she is now splitting her time between John's hospital bed and the Dimera mansion so that Sami won't be alone with her grief. I hope they don't try to "protect" John like they did to Rafe when he came out of his coma. I just remember Kayla saying that knowing what was going on was bad for Rafe's blood pressure and thinking that everyone keeping things from him was what was causing his blood pressure to spike.

Back