Days of Our Lives - Tues.Oct. 8, 2013

Casey Moss (JJ) rocked his scenes today.. many of the vets on the show could take some lessons from him on how to portray real, raw emotion and not just phone in scenes. Hard to believe he has little or no acting experience.

Loved Nicole in her interview scenes... they showed true Nicole and her spark.

Thought the whole purse snatching scene was lame.

Daniel, Daniel... why were you in the scenes today? It was a family thing.. and you aren't part of the family.

Seriously now.. who wears a dress like Kristen's to a pre cana meeting at a rectory? She looked like a street walker who had just finished her shift. On the other hand, loved Nicole's dress; Hope looked sharp and so did Marlena... Abby's dress was horrible.. looked like one of those old granny dresses.. ugh.

It's Tues... two benches.... Bench and Benchie

Flashy escaped the purse prison...who will find him...

Poor Daniel.. he was too late to save the day.

I almost had to use my tissue with JJ... Great stuff.
It was interesting to hear JJ say everything.
Daniel didn't know.. That's what I saw on his face.

Interesting dream Brady had. Is his subconscious telling
him not to marry Kristen? Or something else since Father
Eric was in it too?

Am I the only one who got interrupted for more political wrangling? I'm not sure how much of the show I missed but I'm waiting to record it on SoapNet and will watch whatever I missed later. I saw enough to know I wish Daniel had kept his nose out of it. I wonder if JJ's reaction at the station would have been any different if he had.

Nicole is in the park, when the thug bumps into her, spilling lthe contents of Marlena's purse on the ground. He starts grumbling at Nicole, trying to pick things up, when Marlena calls out to stop him, he's a thief. The guy runs off, Marlena appears, Nicole says her purse is on the ground there. Marlena is gathering everything up, not noticing the flash drive is under the bench, with a couple of brown leaves covering it.

I'm sorry. Are we supposed to believe that this top secret piece of CIA spyware has been hanging around in Marlena's purse for weeks, Victor doesn't care, and Marlena doesn't care enough to make a concerted effort to get it back? Ok, I do realize that on the DOOL absurdity scale this is probably not more than a 5 but ... really? At some point someone has to say to the writers: "this is a show for adults who actually think. Please give them a little credit."

Casey Moss (JJ) was truly outstanding today. I'm really looking forward to the rest of this story. And I don't see what the big deal is with Daniel being there. At least he isn't trying to rile JJ up, read him the riot act. He held him to prevent him from causing himself or any more bystanders harm, and listened to JJ tell him he would kill him, etc. Never saying anything out of the way to him, he just restrained JJ and let him spew his frustration at him. And he had every opportunity to tell the cops and the family about the guy JJ bloodied, the threats JJ made to Daniel, but he didn't. Nor was he in anyone's way, just stood in the corner quietly. In fact, he only went looking for JJ because Kayla told him she was afraid of what JJ might do. It also showed that Daniel still has a lot to learn about Jennifer's past. Seems everything mentioned was news to him.

The Marlena stuff was ridiculous. I'm also not sure how, being a psychiatrist, she can't tell when Kristen is setting something in motion. The whole conversation they had was sketchy on Kristen's end, she gets ridiculously bubbly when she's trying to not raise suspicion.

Nicole's interviews were great. I wonder if Eric will end up with an assistant at all.

I think Jen tried to tell him that this was all years ago, (so did Kayla). Long before JJ was born, long before he married Jennifer.I know it is hard for JJ to have that man he has had up on a pedestal for so long knocked off. But I do hope that JJ gets to think about the man his father was all the years married to his mother, raising his children, etc. THAT is the man he knows, and the one he has admired.

In the future, JJ may be married, with children, in his late 30s, 40s, and with a son who is being rather rebellious. Or maybe not. JJ himself may be a respected businesman, pillar of the church.... And JJ is going to have to tell that son how he himself, used drugs, sold them, lied, cheated, conned his mom, trashed stores in the square, shoplifted, was expelled from school, arrested, jailed, etc.
And maybe someone NOW will ask JJ just how, and when he will tell his children all this.

I think JJ was apologizing not for Jack, for for himself having brought painful past experiences to the surface, once again, for Kayla. I'm glad he was aware that his own search for the truth had really hurt someone else who had already been hurt enough.

Back