Days of Our Lives - Tues. Sept. 1, 2015

I'm so glad Kate got way past her phase of abusive controlling men and finally leaves Clyde. That jerk was beginning to go south on her like he did with Ben's mother, was nice to see Kate leave before it got that bad.

I definitely sense a Justin and Eve affair, the two seem very chummy and both pretty lonely. I doubt Adrienne may not like Justin's choice of a woman like Eve but it's kind of like the opposite version of Lucas and Adrienne's affair. Adrienne being the older woman with Lucas and Justin being the older man with Eve.

With Nicole mentioning a "investor" I almost feel that might end up being Kate of all people since she mentioned to Roman how bored she is at her work. Nicole and Kate running Basic Black I can see, Jeannie T.....ummm the girl probably couldn't stay sober to bring Tate to term, doubt she can handle a job without Anne as her crutch.

TWO FLASHBACKS CUT FROM JOHN & MARLENA SCENES TODAY:

Here's the list of today's flashbacks. Two flashbacks were cut, including their first meeting in 1986.

5151 (Original air date: 1/30/86) John sees Marlena for first time at Shenanigans (CUT)
8608 (Original air date: 8/16/99) John & Marlena talk in Penthouse
8582 (Original air date: 7/9/99) Marlena sees John jump into ocean in Hawaii (CUT)
8289 (Original air date: 5/7/98) John & Marlena in New Orleans hotel room
8579 (Original air date: 7/6/99) John & Marlena's wedding vows at Penthouse Grill

Last edited:
So far I'm loving the new writers big time. Today's show was very well done and I love, love, loved the John and Marlena romance segment. The scenes are sharp and contrite and to the point. I also like how they end one scene and cut right into the next one. I hope the new staff continues to move this quickly because DOOL is again a pleasure to watch.

P.S. I am a bit confused about something. Nicole is waiting for the money from Xander but where is he getting so much as a penny if Victor cleaned out his bank accounts? I must have missed something.

Last edited:
I remember exactly nothing of Kim's other husband/Theresa's stepfather, so if they want to blame him that's fine... as long as he didn't actually touch her. There's enough messed up stuff on this show without generational sexual abuse, thanks. Plus, Kim would have cut off his jewels and presented them back to him pickled in a jar if he'd even thought about touching her daughter.

But it seemed to me that Kim was finding her purpose in life through her work so I can buy into that consuming a lot of her attention.

edited to replace word - JS

Last edited by a moderator:
Jason, thanks for letting us know about the John/Marlena scenes that were cut.

I enjoyed the John/Marlena scenes. I cried.
Interesting to hear the name Shenanigans.
It's been a long time since that place has been open

Nicole's office was different today, but we won't see it again since she quit.

It will be interesting if the women buy Basic Black since it's been owned by men.

Abe is a mayor again and Justin is DA.

Lots of flowers on today's show...

I laughed when Clyde said "Too many drug dealers in one room" and
when Theresa talked about the wrap dress to Anne.

It was a good episode and I know the John/Marlena fans are happy, but I can't stand John. His whispery voice makes me nuts. Old Clyde has made himself known to JJ, if he survives.

The new writers must have been perusing the boards. The Theresa/Maggie scenes are proof of that. We've been saying for months, perhaps years, now that there needs to be more to Theresa's backstory and upbringing to explain her actions now. I know it wasn't much explanation but hopefully the writers will get Theresa on the road to redemption because she has been stuck in a hole for awhile now.
This is exactly what I thought of when watching their scenes. LOL. Everything has been said, it was a great show and I can't wait for more. It has been a long time since I have felt this way. Kudos to the actors, writers and producers:clap:

So nice to see Abe becoming Mayor and Justin becoming DA.
Very great! I also liked how the writers acknowledged it was a bit of a logic stretch and dismissed it quickly. Keep the story moving!!!
All by herself, with someone's else's money.
Too bad the Donovans are so darn poor!!! :rolleyes:
I think there have been more non-sexual instances of romance the past 2 weeks with the new writers than there were the past 3 years with the previous regime.
Seconded!!

WONDERFUL John & Marlena scenes!! I just don't buy the slightly elabourated Jeannie T backstory, but I'll give the writers an "A" for effort.

Dan was superfluous. I guess Nicole spent all her money from working for EJ & her divorce settlement. Maybe she shouldn't have spent all that time living in a hotel!!!

I would hope with today's scene that the new writer's push for a Roman and Kate reunion as a couple. It seemed almost foreshadowing that after Kate's break up with Clyde she turns to her ex husband Roman. It would put Roman more in the spotlight being with Kate again, let alone that couple has a huge fan base. Hopefully Kate is now tired of the bad boys and wants to keep a decent stable man. Sami wouldn't have a issue with it anymore.

Another thing I noticed that is SO inaccurate. JJ was about to smoke from a marijuana pipe and not a clear glass pipe that is common in crystal meth. Lines would've made it more realistic. Writers should've did their research there.

Last edited:
I was doing some careful fast-forwarding during the Marlena/John scenes at the Edge. Was the Infamous conference table included in that segment? :)

I have a lot of catching up to do re resurrected story lines; was not watching much way back when.

Weren't the DEA and SPD supposed to have been closely monitoring JJ's activities? His rescue should be imminent. :rolleyes:

For the first time in a very long time, I enjoyed today's show in its entirety. I liked the way that so many people were interacting with new characters, and the fact that new directions are being formed for a lot of the characters.

I am glad Abe has been selected to be mayor again and he appointed Justin to be his DA. I never could figure out what Abe did at the police station with Roman there. It seemed like they were sharing the duties. Now each have their own jobs again.

I liked John and Marlena's scenes today. They are not my favorite couple but I respect their place in history. They cut their first meeting flashback scene that I wanted to see again, but other than that it was a pretty good start to see them on the road to reconciliation. However, I am glad they are not rushing to put them back together again. They may have both been in town and had been working their way together, but they still need time to adjust. I love the romance.

Yay to Kate for finally telling Clyde off and moving on with her life. I like how later in the episode she was in Club TBD telling Roman about it. Like others have said, I would like to see something develop between these two, even if it is just a good friendship.

I'm also glad Nicole told her slimy boss off and quit. And Dr. Dan the Tan Man was there and actually stayed out of that argument except for that one time when Miles told him he was her boss. Nicole is finally standing on her own two feet and taking ahold of her own life.

While Theresa's sudden desire to run Basic Black seemed to come out of nowhere, at least it seems she is finally thinking about something for her own self esteem than another scheme to try to get Brady. I also liked when Maggie actually put aside her own dislike and talked to Theresa out of concern. This is the Maggie I have been missing for several years and is the character I remember and loved. I do feel however that Theresa is delusional in thinking she can run a major corporation.

Of the three women vying for the chance to run Basic Black, Kate is the most qualified as she has worked at both Countess Wilhelmina and MadWorld. Nicole could probably work under her, but if Theresa wants to prove herself, she should take Brady and Maggie's advice for an entry level position. At least she would be doing something different (she should not be working in the hospital with her past history) and we may get something with this character than the same garbage we have gotten the past couple of years.

Jennifer and Eve's catfight seemed reminiscent of the past writers plots :rolleyes:. However, I liked Eve going off with Justin and having a drink with him at Club TBD. While I hope Justin and Adrienne reconcile eventually, I don't mind him being friends with Eve. And anything that gets her out of story with JJ and Jennifer is more than welcome. However, they still use that moaning music when Eve is on. That music has got to go.

Finally, poor JJ got caught by Kyle and has an unwelcome introduction to Clyde. I think JJ will get out of this mess, but I am not sure at what cost. However unintentional, JJ has fulfilled his task and found Kyle's boss for Roman and the DEA. Hopefully, he will get to tell them.

P.S. I am a bit confused about something. Nicole is waiting for the money from Xander but where is he getting so much as a penny if Victor cleaned out his bank accounts? I must have missed something.
She got a judgment against him, but realistically, she'll never see a penny of that money.

Has it been established there's a zoo near the park? The reason why I ask is because the Dark Lord of Dixie spends a lot of (heck more like all) his time there; and since it's clear he's not going to be pulverized by a meteor or some other form of space debris maybe some dangerous animal can escape and encounter him lounging on the park bench.
While there may not be a zoo near the park, presumably Horton the tiger is still roaming Salem, since he was never caught after the circus of terror in 2004.

And she touched a little on her childhood when she opened up to Maggie, and did so in a way which didn't throw her parents under a bus. It's true that her parents were separated, he dad was working for the ISA and saying he was busy/away on work fits, and her mum does have a history of mental health problems - Theresa was a small child when she was having her multiple personality thing, right? So it works for me that Theresa felt attention-deprived as a child.
But her saying that Shane was always away and Kimberly had her own issues while raising the kids alone is nothing new here. She's said that from the get-go.

No, Kimberly was no longer suffering from her multiple personality disorder by the time Jeannie T. was born.

If Amber on B&B could walk into a designing job at Forrester and be immediately successful then Theresa doing the same at Basic Black isn't that much of a stretch.

When was Theresa born again? I know I saw the end of the Lacey/Claire stuff at the time, I don't recall seeing Shane so I assume they'd already split then. She took the kids to the UK or something not long after that? So the repercussions of the multiple personality stuff were still going in Theresa's early childhood as far as I can remember.

Jeannie Donovan was born in 1990. She was thought to be the child of Cal Winters, a psycho Kimberly had gotten involved with. Eventually they found that Shane was her biological father.

Here's an ironic picture of John kissing baby Jeannie (who is being held by Kimberly):

jeanniekimjohnhug.jpg

Back