Days of Our Lives - Tues. Sept. 30, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Oh, that Kristen is mean, mean, mean. A vampire that needs Susan's fingers crossed in front of her to ward her off. LOL. Sorry, but Susan truly was a stitch and a half today. Replay of her opening the door to find Kristen there, shocked looks on both their faces, both asking what the other is doing there. Susan is back away, both forefingers crossed as she babbles about kristen being evil, evil, evil and vampire. Kristen is threatening her, but Susan is right back at her, reminding her of being locked in that secret room, and then how Kristen tried to sell her into the harem, but Susan turned the tables, and beat her. Kristen is indignant, still can't understand how Susan did that, she can't even pour a bowl of cereal. Susan assures her she will beat her again.
But Kristen has her secret weapon, yanks out her phone, and since Stefano is on the other end, hearing Susan's voice, he begins yelling at her, what is she doing in his house, and to get out. Susan immedidately is fearful, the evil is there, right there, and with Stefano still yelling, she leaves the house. Kristen thanks Stefano who wants to know what is going on. Never mind, and now I will get your will for you, ASAP. She hangs up, and retrieves a folder from that slide out file cabinet.

Sami & EJ are in the Pub, saying goodbye to Mr. Shin (I think that is who it was) Sami will let him know. EJ later is proud of her, especially because he saw he is not the only one who gets that "we'll see" look. They talk and tease about going back to the house to face Susan, but EJ gets a call, so Sami returns home.

Ben is on the phone with a hotel/motel, and evidently even the discounted price is a bit much. Clyde comes in, offering to help him with some cash. Ben doesn't need it. Clyde figures he owes him. Ben declines.

Paige listens for a bit outside Kayla's office door, listening to Kayla telling Lucy that she herself was raped, and by someone she knew. Paige leaves, upset. She runs into Jennifer, who is happy she is working there at the hospital, but then Jen sees Paige's face, but Paige only claims she is tired of staying up late studying. Kayla comes out, tells Paige she can leave a bit early, get some rest. Paige leaves, Jen tells Kayla something is bothering Paige

Eve is ranting on and on about JJ to Daniel, while JJ listens at the door, Eve claiming JJ is just like his dad, but Daniel shuts her up, assuring her that JJ is a good kid, has straightened out his life, honest and trustworthy. Eve yanks open the door, JJ practically falls in, as Eve comments about JJ being trusted. JJ says he only wanted to hear what she was saying about him behind his back. She proceeds to rake him over the coals, and warn him to stay away from her daughter, and that he is no longer welcome in her home. She flounces out. JJ is upset, but Daniel says that it only means her house, not his own (as far as him being with Paige) and that Paige is smart and independent, as Eve said, and won't let her mom push her. He gives JJ the key to his apt. to use anytime JJ feels he needs some breathing room, but warns him no hanky panky with Paige there. JJ thanks him, promises to be dependable, and won't abuse the priviledge. Dan tells him to have a key made for Paige, too.

Eve sits in the Pub, remembering how she tore up the pictures so Paige would not see that she had them, and deciding to make JJ the target. She spots Jen outside, and rushes out, to confront her, tear JJ to pieces, along with Jack. She talks of the times Jack lied or did things, and how Jennifer would always make excuses and take him back. Jen defends JJ a bit at first, but Eve is rolling over her like a lawn mower, insisting that JJ is nothing more than Jack Deveraux all over again.

Ben meets up with Abby in the square, her job interview not having gone well at all. Seems they wanted someone with more experience, although the help wanted was for entry level, which means no experience necessary. Ben tells her that the perfect job for her is out there, and is coming. A giggling and laughing EJ and Sami come round the corner, uh, oh. But Ben manages to get them away, and next thing they are entering a hotel room. Abby looks just a bit uncomfortable, but smiles.

EJ meets up with Clyde, who once again is imploring him to expand the territory and they can make mega bucks. EJ is angry, tells Clyde to stick to his assigned area, that EJ is the boss, and if Clyde persists, he will regret it. EJ leaves, his flunky comes out of hiding in the bushes, as Clyde notes he had to have heard that, and then goes on about the money they could be making by expanding.

Susan is at the hospital, looking for Marlena, but Maxine says she is at another hospital. Maxine goes to check on a patient, Susan gets into John's room, talking of him him having a boo boo on his head. She sits beside the sleeping John (aww, c'mon Days, get him up and talking already!!!) telling him how she thinks about him, talks of them almost getting married years ago, how happy she is now with Edmund. She wants to stay in Salem but has to leave, but wants John to know she was there. She digs in her purse, finding the perfect thing.
Daniel arrives at the hospital, spots Kayla, gives her files from all the cases this week. She thinks he looks troubled, yes, but not over a patient, mentioning JJ, and what a tough year he has had. Later, Kayla is going over the files, but stops, commenting that yes, JJ has had a tough year, and flashing back to her admitting to him that she was raped by Jack.
Maxine sees Daniel, mentions the strange woman who she thinks may have gone into John's room. They go to check, and everything is fine, normal. Maxine notes something...a picture of John & Susan is laying on the bed.

Sami comes home, finds Kristen, no Susan. Kristen is her usual snarky, gabby self, bragging about getting rid of Susan, "cleaning house" for her, talking of how EJ deserted his family, Sami talking of EJ being honest and telling her everything, no secrets, Kristen wondering if he really has told her all. Sami is on her case about what she did to Eric. Kristen snidely is talking how EJ knew, but Sami lets her know that EJ told her all, how he knew before the wedding. Kristen is still smirking, asking Sami if he told her what he said when he heard. She gleefully relates how EJ talked of knocking Eric off his pedestal, making him mere mortals like the rest of us. Sami is getting upset, Kristen keeps rubbing it in, Sami makes her leave, and will tell the staff she is not allowed back.

EJ is on the phone with Father, who is upset he is back with Sami after all she has done to them. EJ assures Fatha he getting all the money back and there will be more than before. Stefano isn't satisfied, EJ realizes he is meaning revenge. He warns Stefano that he loves his wife, his children, will not allow anything to happen to them, and will protect them completely. He warns Stefano that he & Sami are together, and will not be separated, there is no room for negotiating anything. EJ hangs up, Stefano is NOT a happy camper.

Paige & JJ come into his house, glad they have some time together. They kiss a bit, she decides to tell him what she overheard at the hospital, hesitating to say anything, but it is about his Aunt Kayla, and maybe he already knows. She stops and starts, but finally manages to ask if he knew that his Aunt Kayla had been raped.

Thanks for the write-up. The JJ-Paige stuff is FF material, as is Sami-EJ. I did like Kristen sticking it to Sami about everything EJ said.
Abby and Ben had no purpose in this episode. Just filler.
Nice to see Stefano, and I wish Susan would stay longer.
The stuff with Eve, Jennifer, and Daniel is annoying and repetitive. I wish she would leave Salem already.

Stefano made what sounded like a threat when EJ says nothing will seperate him from Sami and his kids and Stefano says is that a challenge.

The other thing I noticed is when Paige asked JJ if he knew Kayla had been raped and the look on his face was like should he tell her.

Yep, it looks as tho now Jack is about to be trashed. How horrible if JJ has to say, yes, I found out this year, it was my father. Oh, man! Why, oh, why, do these writers feel they have to do this? They have now done it to Bo, to Patch, to Jack. I know all are not on the show anymore....so who is next? Shane? Or maybe Shawn, Sr., or Tony DiMera. They have made both John & Rafe fairly ineffective...

Is it really necessary to make these beloved characters scapegoats for writers who cannot come up with something. Hey, go pick on Trent Robbins, on Harper Deveraux, Lawrence Alamain, Drew Donovan, Colin Murphy, Andre' DiMera. At least these were all nasty guys to begin with, and ARE DEAD.

Let's see, Paige is going to be working at the hospital in Salem, the hospital with the poorest adherence to the HIPAA Laws ever. Only when it servers da Plot does anyone NOT give out information regarding a patient, or keep charts private. Paige will do well standing outside a door eavesdropping then sharing what she has heard. Then she will get her panties in a twist over yes, my aunt was raped by my dad and we get poor Jack trashed again, even though this man was able to redeem himself.

Daniel gives JJ a key to his place and tells him to make a copy for Paige too. Who does this?! As if the character couldn't get any more inappropriate, they go and make him more inappropriate. If Paige and JJ need breathing room, there's plenty of it in HTS, the park, or JJ's home because obviously Jennifer hasn't banned Paige from the premises.

ETA: And while I'm talking about inappropriate, let me mention Paige. It's bad enough she didn't walk away when she heard Kayla talking to a patient, she then goes to talk to JJ about what she heard.

Eve is a waste!!!

I think they're setting it up for JJ to either be accused of rape or to actually commit it. Why have Paige overhear Kayla talking about her rape? Why is Daniel giving JJ a key to his apartment to spend alone time with Paige? DAYS hasn't been subtle with their writing at all in recent years. It's hard not to miss an anvil when it's literally placed right in your hands.

Eve is so into bashing JJ (and setting him up in order to do so) what if they recycle that story from years ago. Chloe was with Philip in the Kiriakis stable, was not supposed to be seeing him. Got caught by parent, and Philip was accused of rape, or attempted rape. Yes, Chloe eventually told the truth, but I truly have a feeling that this is similar to what is going to happen to JJ.
He will be accused unjustly.......

For a woman who spent years on the road, not worrying about her daughter, pawning her off on relatives, she sure is interfering big time.

Daniel gives JJ a key to his place and tells him to make a copy for Paige too. Who does this?! As if the character couldn't get any more inappropriate, they go and make him more inappropriate. If Paige and JJ need breathing room, there's plenty of it in HTS, the park, or JJ's home because obviously Jennifer hasn't banned Paige from the premises!

Haven't seen it yet, but from reading the summary it sounds like Daniel was demonstrating to JJ that he does trust him despite what Eve said. It's especially poignant because JJ once stole Daniel's key, so it shows Daniel knows how much JJ has changed.

Anyway, while Jen isn't against Paige, she's also against treating either of her adult kids like adults, so there's really not much point to going there unless they want to spend an evening hanging out with Jen. Since JJ and Paige are both over 18, there is nothing immoral or inappropriate about the idea of them having a physical relationship, but that's beside the point--because the need for privacy isn't just about the physical.

I agree Heroic Muse. Add to the fact that JJ and Paige are adults, I do not think it was weird or inappropriate because I also think he did this because he does trust JJ.

:OT: I had a past teacher who when I was around 19 years, gave me the key to her place down the street if I ever just needed my space from home. At that time, it was very welcome and because I was 19, didn't need to run it by my parents. My father also taught with this woman and she was known as someone who was there for people and just sort of knew what someone needed.

Anyways, back to topic, I thought it was a nice gesture on Daniel's part and as I mentioned in another thread, I like their friendship and his way of relating to young people.

And that is what JJ says to Daniel when given the key.........that in the past he broke in, partied with his friends, etc. JJ thus realizes the trust Daniel is exhibiting in him.
I think Daniel realizes that Eve is in both of their faces, and if Paige is at the Horton house, she would come, barge in, make a scene.
Eve keeps acting as tho Chloe doesn't have a single thought of her own, that somehow, JJ has her snowed.
I think Daniel is right. Eve hates Jen, resents her so much that she cannot abide Jen's children. I suppose she also hates the fact she only got Jack to marry her because she agreed to give him part of the money she would inherit for getting married. And then insult to injury gets added when the doctor she wanted to date ended up being involved with the very much hated Jennifer.
Plus Eve herself has been unable to hang on to any man. Jack left, of course, so did Frankie (another of Jen's ex-boyfriends), so did the father of Paige, and she couldn't get anywhere with Daniel. Who knows how many others? (Chloe has said her mom had a lot of different boyfriends, all "the wrong kind of men".

This picture is the one scene that I was looking forward to seeing. Both Kristen & Susan in the same shot. This is not easy to do, so kudos to the camera people and the editors.

10007421_10152793502679309_1125165281543723279_n.jpg

Usually we saw one or the other in a shot, or else the back of one, face of the other. That is when they used a stand-in (for the back shot). Again, kudos to the camera people, director, and especially to Eileen Davidson, who plays both parts.

We now have it from the highest authority: Dr. McScruffy says that Eve's hate campaign against Ms. Priss is boring! Amen. The mighty miracle surgeon should now take things to the next step and tell other assorted Salemites that they and their activities are also boring. Perhaps, they'd then see the light and Days viewers will be treated to more interesting characters and plots. Elsewhere, it was another good day for Susan. It's too bad she wasn't around to make Brady see the light when he was so in love with Kristen. Other Salemites were easy for him to ignore, but Susan really makes an impression.

Poirot I too was commending the editors/director for today's Kristen/Susan two-shots. Not easy to pull off especially on the shoestring.

I only watched Susan/Kristen and Susan/John scenes. Everything else stunk in my opinion. Really hoping EJ takes a fast train out of town and it sounds like we've seen the last of Susan. :(

I said it yesterday and I'll repeat it until it's true. If we're concerned about Kristen's rape, and Jack's rape, why are we glossing over EJ's rape?

I just hope dumb old Samanther realises that for once in her life, Krist-ann is telling the TRUTH about Eeej. (Not holding my breath for the twit, though.)

Back