Days of Our Lives - Tues., Sept. 5, 2017

One other point about today's episode: how do Salem's criminal classes keep finding these conveniently-empty cabins (and empty rooms in abandoned warehouses)? And what was with Dario's place? It looked as if the Horton Cabin Raccoons had used it for a Labor Day party.

0br2R.jpg

"Hey guys, It's the end of summer. Dario is gone.
He's on the run from the cops. Let's throw a wild
party at his cabin!"

Those guys look like cousins of the three I watched in my backyard this evening.

A lot of this episode was a little hard for me to sit through. Kinda boring to me, I guess. I'm tired of Kayla and her moping. She acts like Joey is dead. Didn't he go to a minimum security facility? He may not have it so bad and he probably won't be there all that long.

"Adrienne"/Bonnie: I know I said I wouldn't comment on this debacle anymore but I have one more thing say about and that's it, I promise :)

And I know it wouldn't be realistic for someone to just out of the blue exclaim: "Great goggley moogley somebody is impersonating Adrienne!" But the woman is acting in ways and saying things that are wildly out of character and it just doesn't seem to be registering with anybody who are nearest and dearest to Adrienne. That what is driving me nuts. John at least caught on pretty darn quickly that something was (to quote Shakespeare) "rotten in the state of Denmark" where "Marlena"/Hattie was concerned.

I will say that when the moment of realization is struck with Bonnie's charade that someone actually does say "Great googley moogley" that will make me ever so happy.:clap::clap::clap:

Gabi/Raines: These scenes were a textbook example of the late great film-critic *and personal hero of mine* Roger Ebert labeled "The Fallacy of the Talking Killer." This is the scene when the villain in any crime or action thriller has the hero/heroine in his mercy and all he has to do is the pull the trigger but he talks instead. It's also what Frozone and Mr. Incredible label as "monologuing" In the classic Pixar film The Incredibles.

As far as Gabi standing up to Raines goes well it may not have been very realistic or for that matter very smart but as the man himself said she's "a little spitfire" and I just would have her any other way. LOL

Last edited:
Yep, that is what SHE claims, but she was perfectly fine and talking normal, was no longer getting chemo for a while now. But suddenly she is talking in a manner that is "not like her". And none of Salem's characters can remember that there were other characters at one time who looked like Adrienne, or Marlena. John disappeared, and no one is suspicious of that...except perhaps Paul.

That remark of Bonnie's....Oh, Alex, yes, YOUR son with Anjelica. Adrienne & Justin raised Alex for heaven's sakes. And Gabi's non-stop yammering....o.k. she was buying time any way she could, am guessing. It still was annoying, as was Raines' prancing around, giving all the details of his conspiracy with Dario. But then, the writers had to find some way to inform the viewers, I guess.

@OC.....guarantee you, this show was hard for me to stay with, as well, guarantee you. Thus, the first line in the summary. :)

Thanks for the summary. Sounds like a decent episode. I'm glad Kayla seems to be slowly moving on with her life. Her complaining about the arrest and Tripp went on way too long. I'm also upset about how that went down, but she and Patch need each other now more than ever. And I'm also glad the teens worked everything out.

Hopefully Raines will be arrested soon. This storyline has gone on for too long. Or maybe it just seems that way, because Raines is despicable.

The doppelgänger storyline needs to move forward, and fast.

As far as Bonnie making mistakes as Adrienne, right now, I think people are just chalking it up to "chemo brain."

Yep, that is what SHE claims, but she was perfectly fine and talking normal, was no longer getting chemo for a while now.

I agree with Poirot. Adrienne always seemed to know what she was doing. The sudden change should, at the very least, worry some people.

Back