Days of Our Lives - Tuesday, April 9, 2019

embrb

Reaction score
Not only is it a new day, but it's wedding day for Tripp and Haley, and Jack and Eve!

Jennifer sits in the square remembering Eve's announcement about the wedding. In their apartment, Eve and Jack talk upcoming nuptials. Unlike Haley and Tripp's marriage, theirs will be meaningful, at least to her. They kiss. Door knocks, Eve opens it to find JJ on the other side. Eve tries to shoo JJ out, but Jack stops her. Eve leaves to pick up her wedding dress. Jack then asks JJ if he's there to talk about what he's doing to Haley. No, JJ replies, for what you're doing to mom.

Claire is in her apartment remembering her conversation with Eve about the whereabouts of the video. She quietly says that she'll just have to create another one.

Eric and Sarah in bed, afterglow, smiling, kissing, happy, talking about how glad she is he changed his mind about only being friends. Yup, just a dream for Sarah, who rolls over and is taken aback at Rex sitting up next to her. He made coffee.

Marlena and Eric in pub, talking about Sarah. She wants him to tell Sarah his feelings, he reminds her of his vow. She says the doctors saved her, not his prayers. She likes Sarah and wants her to be happy and so she tells Eric, "I didn't make any vows, I can tell Sarah how you feel about her."

Sonny and Will are in the mansion talking how happy they are with each other. Sonny waits on him, do you need anything, hungry? He plans on being his personal servant until Will is cleared by doctors. He also gifts Will with the necklace that broke but fixed. Now he's protected again. Sonny talks about the curse, how he no longer thinks it's a coincidence that his fainting came at the same time Leo gave him the evil eye. Will agrees to put the necklace back on.

Sarah and Rex sit up in bed and talk about all that happened YESTERDAY - Marlena's life was saved, she accepted his proposal, etc. Rex asks if she has second thoughts? "No." Okay then, he wants to set a date. Sarah asks why he's rushing, they just got engaged yesterday, but agrees to look at next summer. Rex wants this summer, or better yet, today. Sarah chokes on her coffee.

Eric begs Marlena not to tell Sarah. This isn't your business. Marlena just doesn't know how he could offer up his own happiness in his vow. Eric tells her that if she really loved him, she wouldn't tell Sarah and realize how lives will be changed, especially with Rex, and his efforts with rebuilding a relationship with Brady.

Tripp and Haley walk in to the apartment, talking old, new, borrowed, blue. Claire doesn't know why they're going through all of this effort, it's not real. You're just marrying her for her green card. "No," Tripp replies, "This is real. We love each other." Claire has a fit - you (Tripp) played me while you (Haley) made a move on him, etc. Tripp rushes her outside, away from her phone and anything that could record and tells her he just needs to be careful but they both nod that it's not a real marriage. She thinks he's being paranoid but agrees to shut off her phone.

Jenn walks in the pub and greets Eric and Marlena. Marlena takes her leave and asks Eric to think about their conversation, but his mind isn't changed. Eric and Jenn sit, she figures out that what he wants but can't have is Sarah.

Back inside Claire's, she claims she shut her phone off. Tripp leaves to pick up his tux and Claire and Haley talk. Haley feels bad about how this is affecting Claire, and she brings up that it has to be hard on JJ, too. She sees that there is still something there. Haley says that it's over. He told his dad she was undocumented and that is why this is happening. Claire sits down to do Haley's make up and has a fantasy of ruining it (bright neon pink blush, unibrow, etc) and snaps back to reality.

Jack and JJ continue. Jack knows all about how much Jenn and Eve have hated each other since high school. He thinks Jenn is fine, she's a tough cookie. JJ argues that yes, she is a tough cookie inside but this is tearing her apart. If Jenn can't get through to him, then it's his turn to try to get it in his head that it's not because Jenn hates Eve, it's because Jenn still loves Jack.

Eric read Jenn's article and talk about how Jack and Eve's wedding must be a publicity stunt. No, she's not going to do anything, he made up his mind. He tries to challenge her, she compares it to Sarah marrying Rex and him not doing anything. He argues that Sarah and Rex have real feelings, whereas Eve and Jack do not. He then tells her she should stop the wedding. Jenn laughs as she tells him about the time Jack stopped her wedding to Emilio, the fire engine, typical Jack antics. She wishes he were that same person. Eric wants her to go for it. He tells her how fun it would be to stop the wedding, it's been a while since he's had fun and he wants to be involved and has the best idea. Jenn's face lights up.

Sarah asks why the rush on a wedding today, what about work. Rex says that they can just go to the courthouse. She then says that Jack and his nephew are having dueling weddings today, they should wait. Besides, she wants bigger than a courthouse.

Marlena comes to see Sonny and Will. Sonny shows off the necklace, a placeholder until he can get a wedding ring. Marlena is so happy there will be another wedding to celebrate, a real one.

Eve runs into Tripp in the square and comments on his tux. How cute that he's playing the part of a real wedding. You're one to talk, says Tripp. A lot more of the same snark from Eve, who tells him how much he's hurting Claire. "How do you know how Claire is feeling?" he asks. Eve covers, only knows her from magazines, but knows they were in a relationship and so must be hard on her. Tripp says that they broke up and she'll move on. Eve tells him that marrying a citizen doesn't guarantee paperwork, college boy, and after his efforts fail, there will be no green card and no Claire.

Jack tells JJ that though his memory is gone, his observation skills are not, and he can see Jenn does not want him. JJ doesn't care if they get back together, just don't marry Eve. Jack hates that he and JJ are enemies and wants to fix. "Can we meet half way? Come to my wedding, be my best man."

JJ tells Jack that he's already best man at Tripp's wedding. Jack responds that it's a fake wedding, and that Eve really does get him. JJ (this is awesome), tells him that he will stand up for Tripp and Haley for honor and that Haley will be allowed to stay here, he will lose the election, marry a *bleep*, and lose out on the best woman who ever lived. He leaves, Jack ponders.

Will fills in Marlena on his fainting. Rex (he's still in bed - Sarah got paged) calls Will and tells him his test results are in and to meet him at the hospital in an hour. Will thinks it's bad, Sonny and Marlena seem not to think so and agree to go with him.

Still in the square, Eve gets a call. A man in a thick Russian accent tells her that he has dirt on Abe Carver. She tells him it's not a good time, it's her wedding day. Then we see Eric as the man behind the accent, he tells her that she will want to hear this, and to meet him at the Brady pub.

Then we see Jack walking out of his room in his tux, sees smoke under the front door. A petite firefighter in full gear (back to camera) is on the other side of the door fanning the smoke.

Tripp comes home, Claire is happy to see him, goes in for a kiss just as Haley comes out in her dress and beautiful makeup. He steps back, she looks gorgeous, Claire looks nervous.

Eve comes in to the pub, sees Eric behind the bar. She says she's meeting someone and orders a mimosa, light on the orange juice. She sits at a nearby table and waits. Eric watches her.

Jack realizes it's real smoke, he's not dreaming, grabs a cloth and places it over his mouth. The fire alarm goes off. He opens the door and sees the petite firefighter just leaning in the doorway. He looks at the face (all covered up), and by the look on his face, seems to recognize.

Will, Marlena, and Sonny are in a hospital room, waiting for Rex. Marlena gets a page, her patient is in the OR and leaves. Rex and Sarah walk in, she wanted to join. He tells Will that he is sorry, but he has to give him bad news. Will stares at Rex, his eyes get watery, and Sonny stands behind Will with his hands on his shoulders.

Last edited:
Thank you for the summary, embrb. You did a great job!!

I think it would be nice if Haley and Tripp end up actually falling in love, and Claire is left on the wayside with the rest of the trash.

Way too much Eve, Eric / Rex / and Sarah for me today.

It looks like Rex will be Salem's "Super Doc" now who can do surgeries and perform miracle cures. Hopefully he doesn't also suddenly start falling in love (or lust) with every woman in a hospital gown like the last one.

Jack / Jennifer ... I'm to the point I don't care if they get back together. I just don't want him with Eve.

Marlena needs to listen to Eric, and not meddle. Yes, that's asking too much of these writers. She'll go there.

You can already see Tripp and Haley falling and Claire is gonna have to go down for setting Ciara on fire.

I think it would have been FUNNY if when Eve opened the door JJ said "hi mom" Sarcastically of course!

Jen and Eric talking was just awkward.

I just don't understand all the hating on Rex and EVERYONE wanting Eric and Sarah together.

Eric said he didn't remember when Jack interrupted Jennifer and Emilio's wedding. Well, that was 1990 and this is what Eric looked like in 1990 while Jennifer was grown enough to be getting married:

ericsamiicecream2.gif

That's back when Sami and Eric were still cute and sweet. You probably don't recognize them in this picture because Eric is smiling and Sami isn't yelling.

My goodness, the show really needs new and improved storylines. The fact that the first two episodes of the week have been so dull is testament to that fact. There's only so much viewers can take per week of the ludicrous Eve/Jack/Haley storyline. Claire's obsession and jealousy only makes it worse, as does JJ. If the writers were trying to cheer up or encourage viewers with an alternative storyline, it certainly isn't the love triangle from Hell AKA Sarah, Eric, and Rex. Dragging Marlena into this storyline is an insult to Deidre Hall (Marlena).

I really hope that Will doesn't have a serious health problem, but if he does let's make that take up the majority of the airtime. I think most viewers have had it with ditzy Sarah, depressed Eric, and pathetic dolt Rex. It could give Kayla something to do with a medical storyline instead of always fretting over Patch.

@macgyverswife, I am not seeing that everyone wants Sarah and Eric together at all! I personally want Sarah off my screen, and she can take worthless, clueless Rex with her. I cannot stand the character of Sarah and I don't want her to be with anyone. She is totally annoying to me. I have seen other boards where they really like her and say things like she deserves so much better than either of the two in play right now. But, yes, watching another afterglow dream is getting old.

Thanks, @embrb for the great summary.

The usual fractured Salem thinking was on ample display today.

Jack & Eve: They think that their marriage is "real?" They should guess again. As soon as Jack regains his memory, he'll probably be racing to get an annulment on the grounds that in his amnesiac state he was unable to give informed consent.

Trippy & Haley: Why are they even talking to Claire? Didn't they notice her joining in the chanting at Jack's pathetic rally? The same goes for Eve. If they see her coming, they should run in the opposite direction.

Marlena: She actually likes the awful Sarah? Could it be that her recent medical problems have affected her judgment?

Rexy: He wants to get married at City Hall during lunch hour? What could be more romantic? :sarcasm: Why not the Salem town dump? It's probably lovely in the spring. :sarcasm:

Thank you, embrb, for an excellent summary. Not much I can add to what has already been said.

Marlena needs to butt out of Eric's business.

I'm not sure about Haley's feelings for Tripp, but it appears Tripp has already fallen for her. I think it may have been Kat who observed that he is way too excited about this wedding.

Great job embrb. Thank you! It is a shame when the characters are written "out of character", with a lousy storyline, then are forced to stretch that storyline so the fireworks can appear during sweeps month. Ugh. Also, does not help when a headwriter decides to bring on new characters, and immediately throw them into major story, for which they are not ready. Hate when writers play "favorites", writing for an actor they really like (looking at Eve, here) while ignoring the wealth of talent that is sent off to backburner land.
I really don't care for losing characters for 2-3 weeks to focus on a bad story that gets dragged out way too long featuring just a few actors.

JJ made the comment to Jack about how Eve has been out to get Jenn since "they were in high school". Wish the writers would look at the history. Jennifer was already out of school when the younger Eve came to Salem.
Which history? When Eve returned (then played for the first time by Kassie DePaiva who currently plays her), they had rewritten the history. Whatever they do know would be a rewrite of something!!
Then we see Eric as the man behind the accent
Didn't see this coming, but I can't see who else the firefighter could be besides Jenn.
That's back when Sami and Eric were still cute and sweet. You probably don't recognize them in this picture because Eric is smiling and Sami isn't yelling.
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Thanks, embrb, for the summary today.

OC, you're right. I mentioned yesterday Tripp is too excited for this wedding.

Tripp wore an interesting shirt today.

I laughed when Claire imagined she made Haley look like a clown.

How long it will take Eve to realize she got a "fake" phone call?

Did Claire really turn her phone off when Tripp said to?

Lucky for Tripp
her lighter is gone. She might have set him on fire after he told
Haley she looked beautiful.

Back