Days of Our Lives - Tuesday, Nov. 11th, 2008

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives

Episode #10,952 Taped 10/14 Director – Albert Alarr

Rafe wakes up, catching Sami about to leave, asks her what she is doing in his T-shirt. She claims he took her clothes, she had nothing else, as she struggles with her hands, purse to hide the bulging belly. He grabs her purse, exclaiming “your’re pregnant. She denies, grabs a pillow, sits on the sofa with it over her, saying she has just gained a few pounds, and what is he, the fashion police. Rafe is insistent, Sami denies, they go back and forth about all the things she has done to other agents, etc. and finally she admits that yes she is pregnant, no one knows except her father, who agrees for her to keep it a secret. Rafe thinks the whole operation is compromised now, is going to call her dad to confirm, Sami breaks down saying no, her father doesn’t know, no one does. He apologizes for the way he has been treating her, gives her some tea, and also the jar of pickles, she munches and confesses all. She does not want the father to know, She goes into an angry rant, describing him as infamous, nefarious, notorious, depraved, evil and she has to protect her child from him and his family. Rafe asks if maybe this is Attila the Hun? LOL. She tells Rafe that it is EJ DiMera, and he now can understand her fear. She also says how she was all ready to tell, and then the mayor got shot, she cannot get the image out of her mind, and then….well, she took advantage of the situation to further keep the news a secret. It gives her more time to figure out something creditable to say when she shows up with a baby. Rafe lets her know there is no more time. He has to let his superior know, Sami is frantic, not wanting her dad or family to find out. Rafe tells her that within a couple or hours, they will know, as he starts to make the call.

Philip & Lucas arrive at the hospital, Chloe is there, too. It seems Kate wants them there. Dr. Dan lets them know the chemo has made Kate anemic, Philip insists the chemo be stopped, Dan refuses, not his decision. It is Kate’s. And if it is stopped, she will feel better for a couple days, then the cancer will return even more aggressively. Lucas tells Philip that they had to expect this, but Philip says no, he doesn’t, and goes for some air. Lucas goes for coffee. Chloe hesitates, then goes in to see the sleeping Kate. She holds Kate’s hand as she urges her to fight, knows how hard this is, how easy it would be to give up. She talks of her own experience with chemo, tells Kate she thinks she can beat this. She starts to leave, as a weak Kate opens her eyes, murmuring “Thanks, Chloe”.

Melanie sits with her back to Nick, as he approaches with the knife….never saw such a huge knife to cut cake…..and has a flashback to killing Trent. Melanie turns, wonders why Nick is in such a fog. He makes excuses, was just thinking, thinking of nothing really. He blathers on again about protecting her, knowing she did not kill her father, yada, yada. Knock, knock, and there is Hope at the door, (wonder why folks arrive at the house via the back door….odd???) She wants to talk to Nick, Melanie leaves for a walk, more conversation with Nick defending Melanie, telling Hope to knock it off, Melanie is innocent. Hope lets him know the charges against Nicole may not stick. They argue a bit, Melanie returns, Hope leaves. Time for cake, Melanie asks about the other presents Nick mentioned. He tells her one was a mistake, but hauls out the other. Melanie unwraps, then opens a ring box, finding a beautiful ring, her birthstone, Nick announces. He slips it on her finger, calls it a friendship ring, and once more assures her of how much her will protect her, knows she didn’t kill her father, will always be her friend, and more yada, yada in that vein (including another flashback of him stabbing Trent, just in case we forgot the one at the beginning of the show).

On her walk in the park, Melanie had run into Philip, calling him the President of the “I hate Melanie” club. They have a few words, he says he doesn’t hate her, she realizes he is in the dumps, then says she is glad for whatever it is that has caused it. Philip tells her his mother is dying, Melanie is taken aback, apologizes and runs off. Philip returns to the hospital, as Lucas returns with the coffee. Chloe tells them Kate is awake, they go in to see her. She is happy to see her boys, they assure her they are pulling for her, she is confident she is going to beat this thing. Dan listens as they talk, then goes out in the hall where Chloe stands. He knows it was her, she did this, gave Kate hope. He thanks her.

Over at the jail, EJ & Nicole continue having the same sort of conversation we have heard ever since Nicole got into jail. Evidently, he finally believes she is innocent, and suddenly he talks of getting married, having a wonderful life with their little bundle of joy to come, &Johnny, all four of them happy together. Bo & Hope arrive (no idea why she has to accompany the commissioner) with Bo saying that he has talked to Judge Fitzpatrick and the D.A. and has requested Nicole be released on bail. Nicole is thrilled, EJ goes to pay bail.

Hope comes into Bo’s office.plops down, saying how she loves her cousin to death, but his involvement with Melanie….can only lead to disaster.

Now EJ & Nicole arrive at the mansion, she is very happy to be out of jail, happy he thinks she is innocent now, but he didn’t before. She is unhappy he did not trust her, announces she is packing up her things and leaving. She feels that EJ is there with her at times, then gets emotionally distant, goes somewhere else. He realizes this is back to Sami again, Nicole knows all about her being the mother of his son, has heard it a million times. She just cannot continue being the 2nd woman in his life. EJ assures her that she is not the second woman, in his life. Nicole asks if he can really let go of Sami. EJ tells her to listen close. Yes….I…….Can. Big kiss.

Barb

There is a lot going on in this show, but it just seems like a teaser to me. I hope that Rafe does tell about Sami's pregnancy, but something will happen so that it doesn't come out. It started to sound like Nicole was wising up to EJ and going to leave him, but she is now being sucked back in. I just want to shake her and say, "He's not going to change!! Stop wishing and figure out a way to pay him back!" :evillaugh:

It sounds like Kate's illness is getting interesting. I don't want her to die, but I hope this illness helps her realize how she has been blessed.

Thanks for the recap Barb.
I hope when the truth comes out, Trent's murder is ruled justifiable homicide. I don't want to see him gone, I like him.
Nicole is finally out of jail, so glad we won't have to listen to her whine any more.
Looks like Kate & Chloe may get close after this chemo storyline. Would be nice if she got along with one of her children's mate. (lol)
Thanks again to all of you who keep me up to date with Days. I sure would be lost without all of you.

Thanks for the write up Poirot. I only got to see the last half of the show yesterday. I sure hope that Rafe does not tell about Sami's baby to be. I want this child to be safe from Stefano.

Thanks Barb. Excellent summary.

Nick must have amazing night vision to walk into the cemetary, see Trent and Melanie, and then spot the knife on the ground and pick it up in an instant. I thought cemetaries were pretty dark at night.

I had to laugh when Sami denied she was pregnant while munching on a pickle.

Hated the hospital scenes because Kate's sons would never give up on her or tell the doctors to stop the chemo. Totally out of character. The scenes seemed like they were written for one reason. Just so Daniel could thank Chloe for giving Kate courage. Seems like we're back to the old plot-driving-character again.

Lastly, Nicole and EJ are making me dizzy. All they do is go around in circles.

I'm so tired of Nicole back and forth almost minute by minute about EJ. One day last week he had a line that he thought they had just gone over that 5 minutes ago and I thought it was priceless. It's almost as if they could repeat yesterdays lines.

Thanks Barb for the woderful summary! It's on now at 10PM on Soapnet, but I'm just a little too tired and have a slight stomach ache. So, I read todays summary instead as I didn't have much time to read it at work today.

I'm also tired of thi EJ/Nicole SL of on again-off again. I wonder what EJ's going to do once he does find out that Sami is pregnant and she's with Rafe. I see it starting since she's already confessed everything to him. This will be where they must get close since he's having to be her guard 24/7.

Oh well, Thanks again and I'm going to close out so I can sleep this stomach ache off. :(

I don't know... EJ said to Nicole in the end that he could let go of Sami forever... I don't believe that.. the only reason why I think he would feel that way is one.. he is just saying it to keep Nicole happy and there... and two... he thinks he wont see Sami for a LONG time so I think that is the ONLY reason why he said that... I truly think that he wouldn't ever be able to let go of Sami.. and either would Lucas.. and if they do end up with Chloe and Nicole.. they still will put Sami first and will always be there for her...

Now.. that the end... did anyone see the part where Marlena was being attacked or something? I wonder what that was about?

I'm so tired of Nicole back and forth almost minute by minute about EJ. One day last week he had a line that he thought they had just gone over that 5 minutes ago and I thought it was priceless. It's almost as if they could repeat yesterdays lines.

I agree. If Nicole doesn't think EJ loves her then why stay with him? And why cozy up to Stephano so much if she's afraid he's going to steal her child? I didn't watch yesterday because I'm tired of hearing Nicole whine at EJ and EJ's condescending attitude.

Thanks for the great write up!!

Poor Nick, I do feel so bad for him. As much as I love EJ, I don't think he deserves Nicole or Sami I hope they both wise up and stay away

Nick must have amazing night vision to walk into the cemetary, see Trent and Melanie, and then spot the knife on the ground and pick it up in an instant. I thought cemetaries were pretty dark at night.
It could have been a full moon. I can see quite well on those nights.

Hated the hospital scenes because Kate's sons would never give up on her or tell the doctors to stop the chemo. Totally out of character. The scenes seemed like they were written for one reason. Just so Daniel could thank Chloe for giving Kate courage. Seems like we're back to the old plot-driving-character again.

Every case is different. I have seen family want chemo to stop. I like that Chloe talked to Kate. That was very realistic. Very often patients will support each other when going to out patient chemo.

Back