Days of Our Lives - Tuesday, Nov. 18th, 2008

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Episode #10,952 Director – Noel Maxam

Good show today, and moves around all over the place. Let’s see….EJ & Brady continue their conversation, but Brady knows EJ wants him to stay away from Nicole. No, not quite, says EJ. But Nicole is pregnant, and cannot have a lot of stress, so don’t be trying to get her to solve YOUR problems. Brady says he wants to meet Johnny, tells EJ he must love kids, having two so close together, & even mentions how the two different mothers could be a handful. LOLOL. EJ bounces back with how well he knows Brady’s father (hey, these two guys are cousins, right?? Ha. ) & sympathizes with his situation with his dad, offering to help anyway he can. He leaves, and as he closes the door behind him, Brady mutters…….mimicking EJ….”stay away from my woman, but I’ll help you with your father”. Then says, you’re a DiMera all right.

EJ returns to the mansion, greeted by Nicole who bounces over saying that Brady is gone, but gets no further, as EJ interrupts telling her he knows, was just talking to him, explaining how he ran into him at Marlena’s. Nicole wonders what he was doing there, nope, too much talking says EJ, as he plants a big kiss on her, and before you know it, pulls a Rhett Butler, sweeping her up in his arms and carrying her up the staircase. Later we see them in the bedroom, on the various, various scenes, first fully clothed, then her in a teddy, taking off his robe/shirt, was hard to make out since the screen was steaming up. They roll around on the bed a bit, (he is only wearing shorts) and then later we see them in the afterglow, under the covers, with EJ murmuring what a lovely afternoon it has been. Nicole turns to him, saying let’s see what we can do with the night. And we leave them back in an embrace!

Earlier, Nicole talked with John, and some great dialogue here. She admits talking to Brady, John doesn’t know him at all, she knows that, explains she gave Brady a few things to think about, too. She asks John how many friends he has…he asks “real or imaginary?”. She thinks it would not hurt to spend time with Brady, get to know him, and have Brady get to know the present John. He says, yeah, we can maybe go bowling. LOL. Now she plays her trump card, talking of how happy it would make Marlena, who would love him doing this. John thinks Nikki is being manipulative, she agrees she is. LOL He will think about it.
Now he goes to Marlena’s place, Brady answers the door, John remarks oh, you are still here. Brady reminds him he is staying there, and no, Marlena is not home. John starts to leave, but Brady calls him back, saying, Dad, can’t we start again. John stops, returns to the doorway, comes in, saying he doesn’t have a lot of time. (and have to tell you, these scenes now had my eyes watering a bit. )Brady doesn’t either, has to go to a support group meeting. John mentions Marlena telling him that he was getting help. Brady mentions their divorce, but doesn’t think John will be giving up on her, John thinks Brady is too perceptive for his liking. Brady comments on how they used to get along so great, but he knows that may not be the case this time round. John has to leave, Brady says he plans on staying in Salem, John tells him it is his choice, but sometimes it is better to just cut your losses. He leaves, Brady says….if you’re sick, there is no way in hell I am going anywhere.

Stephanie brings her resumé into Philip at the Pub (I swear these people use that place as their main offices) asking if he still wants to hire her. They engage is some small talk ab out her qualifications, Phil doesn’t care, if she is good, fine. If not, she gets judged like everyone else, and let go the same way. Just some banter between them, as he gets read to eat his burger and wants the grey mustard, she saying he should use a little ketchup, yada, yada. Maggie calls, worried about Nick & Melanie, but she has not seen them. A bit later Philip gets a call from Maggie, same thing.

At Maggie’s house, Hope returns to the room, telling Maggie & Bo that Melanie & Nick have flown the coop, all their things are gone. As they ponder this, Maggie shows them the note she found on the floor. Max & Chelsea arrive, no idea where the two have gone. Bo puts the note into an evidence bag, conversation about it, what if Melanie wrote it to herself, Chelsea takes a look at the handwriting, it is Nick’s. Uh, oh, whole new light on things, the caretaker fingered him as being at the cemetery that night. They talk of him taking pills, check and learn he just refilled his prescription a couple hours ago. Maggie is becoming more and more upset, as she tells of her picking up the bottle when Nick dropped it. Everyone leaves, Maggie is trying to call everyone she knows, and calling Nick several times.
Meanwhile Chelsea & Max are back at the Cheatin’ Heart, talking things over, and getting a light bulb moment, as they realize that Melanie was wierded out when Max told her that Nick was in love with her, so why would she want him along. Ah, they figure it was him that took her….and Chelsea calls her dad. Over at the cop shop, Hope comes into the office, telling Bo about Chelsea’s call. Now she gets a lightbulb moment, grabs the autopsy report, which says from angle of knife wound, Trent’s killer had to be over 6 ft. Bo goes thru the scenario, Melanie fell, hit her head, Nick was there, saw her father push her, came to her defense and stabbed him. Bo already has an APB out on Nick & Melanie.

And at the motel, Nick is fixing drinks for an unwilling Melanie who doesn’t want one. As he chops ice, she flashes back to her father pushing her down, and her hitting her head, and as then recalls seeing Nick stab her father before she blacked out. The realization is horrifying, as Nick insists she have a drink, relax, and talks of being her husband tomorrow, and celebrating. He complains of the pain in his shoulder, takes a few of the pills, she wonders if he should take them with alcohol, but Nick has no qualms as he swallows them with his drink. Melanie is getting more nervous, Nick is talking of taking care of her, protecting her. She decides she wants to take a walk, goes to the door, he comes behind her, slamming it shut, can’t let her do that. He chain locks the door, talking of how they have been gone a while, her picture could be out there, she could be recognized. She decides maybe she will take that bath after all, grabs her purse, why does she need that. Oh, hairbrush, makeup, she is going to look and smell nice. He thinks she does already, but before she goes, wants her phone. Going to check her messages, then disable the phone, so no traces can be made on it. He will get her a new one in Vegas. She will not need her phone numbers as they will be starting a new life, probably in France. He is stroking her hair (oh, man, Mr. McCreepy, for sure). Melanie is panicing, as now Nick decides no bath for her. She has to be with him at all times. She is trying to keep her wits about her, offers to make them both a drink, talking of them needing sleep, as busy day tomorrow. She suggests he go hide the car, he already has done that. She gets up to make new drinks, (Nick has already downed her other one as well as his own), suggesting maybe he should have another pill if his shoulder is still hurting. She spots the ice pick, sneaks it into her pocket, covering with her shirt. She brings the drinks, but Nick has other things on his mind, as he kisses her repeatedly, then nuzzles her neck as his hands roam around, finding the ice pick. He wants to know what she is doing, what is she thinking. They struggle a bit, Melanie smacks him in his bad shoulder, and as he doubles over, smacks him over the head with the drink glass, tries to run to the door. He is on her in a flash they struggle all over the place, and the cell phone falls to floor, flipping open. In the struggle, feet step on the phone, it is lit up.
Over at the Pub, Stephanie & Philip are worried about Nick & Melanie, when her cell rings. She sees it is Nick, thank goodness, and puts the phone up to her ear.
Back in the room, Melanie breaks away from Nick, crying out, asking if he intends to kill her. What?? Nick looks surprised. What did you say? Melanie yells again, what are you going to do, kill me like you killed my father. Camera zooms in Nick’s face.

Barb

Over at the cop shop, Hope comes into the office, telling Bo about Chelsea’s call. Now she gets a lightbulb moment, grabs the autopsy report, which says from angle of knife wound, Trent’s killer had to be over 6 ft.

Didn't anyone think to read the autopsy report before arresting all those tiny little women for murder?? Of course, it IS Salem PD we're talking about so probably not. Nicole should sue for wrongful imprisionment or something.

Thanks for the write up Barb! It sounds like a good show.

Brady mutters…….mimicking EJ….”stay away from my woman, but I’ll help you with your father”. Then says, you’re a DiMera all right.

:rotfl: Somebody should clue in Brady that he is a DiMera too!

Thanks for the recap Barb.
Hey yesterday I read a spoiler on Sopa Opers Fan that said John & Marlena will leave the show in Jan. fo an extended period of time.:(
It also says that they will get back together befor they go. Has anyone hear of it too?

friskie, there are threads and posts galore about this in the Front Page Forum. All discussion on this subject is over there.

:rotfl: Somebody should clue in Brady that he is a DiMera too!

LOL I KNOW!!! lol soo so funny! :) lol

Anyways... Thank you for the write up!

Seems like a good show... although i about barfed when I read about EJ and Nicole.. I'm sorry but this couple just makes me sick...

And.. the whole Nick and Melanie scene sounds good :) really creepy... but exciting! :)

LOL I KNOW!!! lol soo so funny! :) lol

Anyways... Thank you for the write up!

Seems like a good show... although i about barfed when I read about EJ and Nicole.. I'm sorry but this couple just makes me sick...

And.. the whole Nick and Melanie scene sounds good :) really creepy... but exciting! :)

I'm really starting to like creepy Nick. Finally a non-whiny Salemite!!

Thanks Barb for the summary! sounds like another good one to watch! Although I won't like watching "creepy" Nick at 10:00 pm at night! That'll scare me for sure! I really don't care for Nicole and EJ at all. That's just my opinion.

Thanks for the write ups!

I'm really starting to like creepy Nick. Finally a non-whiny Salemite!!

lol true beckaboo! Nick is really creeping me out! lol But thats good because he is actually doing a great job! :) It is refreshing seeing some good acting with out the whinning! lol :)

Thanks for the write-up. Due to the heads-up, I'll ff through the bed tango. The rest of the show sounds good.

lol you and me both redsu1rrel!! Eww!

The bedroom scenes were very well done.......and to each their own. :wink:

I think I threw up in my mouth a little when I read about EJ and Nicole. :D j/k

...But seriously...it's good to know that my gag reflex still works... hahaha...:sick:

Ewwww...but James Scott is yummy no matter what. Did anyone else see him on Dancing with the Stars last night? He and Brandon Beemer (ex-Shawn) were sitting behind Lance Bass's grandfather.

Didn't anyone think to read the autopsy report before arresting all those tiny little women for murder?? Of course, it IS Salem PD we're talking about so probably not.

I thought the same thing. Nicole is tall, but even with heels, she's not 6 ft. I just wanted to pop Bo and Hope upside their heads. :rolleyes:

The Nick/Melanie scenes sound good. I don't usually like Melanie, but I think the actress is doing a great job, and Nick is psycho!

Nick is even more creepier today, gives me shivers. And Melanie knows he is mixing his pain pills w/alcohol, (he says it is vodka, and if so, man, it is on the rocks, straight, at least that is how it looks when he is pouring.
So she knows she is dealing with a volcanic situation here.

Great epi today...while I normally FF through Melanie and Nick scenes I actually was intrigued today and thought they were really well done. I actually felt sorry for Melanie and could feel her fear when crazy Nick was trying to kiss her and hurt her.

I was also laughing when Brady was calling EJ a typical DiMera...so funny. Oops, must have forgot that little tidbit about also being a member of that family and the fact that they are cousins!

I don't mind the EJ/Nicole scenes...I was always a fan of them being together but it looks like that will be shortlived with what's coming up.

I thought the same thing Beckaboo about the Salem PD and and this "new" evidence that they suddenly realize it was someone over 6' that killed Trent...what a joke that dept is.

What I wondered yesterday and today is "What hotels have ice picks in them"....????!!!! None I've ever been in....:D

Back