Days of Our Lives - Tuesday, Oct. 28th, 2008

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives

Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Episode #10,942 Director – Albert Alarr

Rather slow moving show today. Melanie wakes up in her room, sees a note under her door again. She jumps up, reads it, same message as before. I saw you in the cemetery, I know what happened. She crumples it up, then spots another on the nightstand, same message. She is frantic, and then suddenly wakes up, yep, just a dream. Knock, knock at the door, it is Hope, who tells her to get dressed, come downstairs.
And down there, Bo is talking with Max, who seems to have changed his mind, telling Bo that after the way Melanie acted when Philip confronted her about the wallet, he thinks she might be guilty after all. He talks of her having good reason, after the way she was brought up, but knows it is no excuse. Hope returns, as Max continues his spiel. Upstairs, Melanie has retrieved the note from the waste basket, puts it into a bag she has packed, and mutters that the Bradys are not going to pin this on her. Downstairs Max is concerned that Melanie could do something foolish. Like what?, queries Bo. Like that, replies Max, looking out the window as a stupid Melanie stands in front of it, calling a cab. Bo & Hope come out, take her phone, telling her she is not going anywhere. Oh, but she is, says the brat. (sorry, but she is acting like one), they have no evidence on her at all, so she is out of here, as she grabs her phone back and starts to take off. Bo stops her when he mentions the will her father left her. That stops Melanie in her tracks.

Abe, Lexie & Theo are at the Java Cafe where they are to be interviewed and photographed as a family for the Sunday magazine section of the local paper. Lexie is not sure it is a good idea, takes Abe on the side, and they talk about it. She is defensive of Theo, worried how he might react, especially since he did not want to come there. Theo takes the opportunity to leave his seat at the table, and go to another take, taking the cup of coffee from it. A woman asks the little boy what he is doing, he is startled, drops the cup, and then began to loudly cry. Lexie comes running, apologizes, the woman is a bit upset as her skirt is all wet, Abe also apologizes, the woman recognizes him, mentions that he has that sick child, Lexie gets upset, hollars at her, peacemaker Evan comes and offers to give the woman whatever she wants, etc. She & Evan leave. Lexie is taking Theo and going home. Abe tells her he would never ever let anyone or anything harm Theo, he is their son, they are a family, and if she has to go home, that is fine, he understands. Evan comes and says there is a problem with photographic equipment, it will be another hour. Abe tells Lexie if she wants to come back, fine, if not, he understands. Lexie has had second thoughts, tells Abe they ARE a family, and the family that sticks together overcomes anything. They will be back. Family hug.

Kate has called Philip & Lucas over to the house, having coffee outside on the patio. She wants their help, talks of her business, how well it is doing, but has to take some time off. Yes, she got her results, it is lung cancer, she is going for treatment, (chemo) will not perhaps be able to attend to Hearth & Home like she should and wants Lucas to oversee it for her for a while. She asks Philip if he would please release Lucas from his contract. No problem, says Phil. Both men are concerned, but she is very upbeat. They want a second opinion, not trusting Daniel, she says no, they argue, Phil decides that if his mom is o.k. with everything, then he is, too. She says Daniel has a top notch team in place, Dr. Falk is a top notch pulmonologist, Dr. Knapp is expert. She has done her research, is satisfield. She wants their support, Lucas to take care of business for her, as side effects can include nausea and fatigue. Fine. Here comes her ride, it is Daniel. Lucas wants a word with him, does the don’t let her down bit, Daniel assures him he will do his very best. Time to leave.

Earlier, Chelsea came to see Daniel, wanting to know if Kate was going to die. Daniel only says he cannot tell her anything, except he will do all he can for her. Chelsea tells him how she said some awful things to her, but that Kate is all she has, with her mom gone. (huh? Dad Bo & Hope don’t count, I guess). That Kate always makes her feel good about herself, and she just wants her to get well. She leaves. Outside, she has a flashback of Kate at her bedside when she was sick.

Kate is in the hospital bed, Philip & Lucas right there as Dr. Knapp is telling her what to expect with the chemo. She tells her she can relax, read, watch TV, etc. She leaves, Lucas suggests they all play Boggle, that Kate used to beat him & Philip all the time, she has to give them a chance for payback. She assures them she just wants to be alone, and will call them when she is done. Philip leaves, Lucas stays a bit, assuring his mom he loves her so much, she wanting him to get over to Hearth & Home, check on Tony & Anna, & the new ad campaign (well, at least those two get mentioned!). Lucas agrees & leaves. A bit later, Chelsea comes in, tells her gramma she wanted her to have this St. Sophia medal. Victor gave it to her when she was sick, and she wants Kate to have it. She leaves.

At the cop shop, Attorney Berman has arrived, is introduced to Max, already knows Melanie, and proceeds to tell all that Trent left everything to his daughter Melanie. Did not amount to anything, as he was heavily in debt, and did not own any real estate. Melanie figured as much, is about to take off, when he says there WAS a small pension, plus a small interest in Nick Fallon’s prototype. Melanie is not too impressed with that. Max asks why he is there. Mr. Berman tells him there was a codicil to the will, Trent left him this box. Max is not interested in it, doesn’t want it, stalks out of there. Melanie goes to grab it, Bo beats her to it, takes it, puts it in a drawer, saying he will give it to Max when the time is right. Berman wants a word with Melanie, Bo & Hope leave. She is disappointed, but he tells her there was something else that he did not mention during the meeting. A letter that Trent left, saying it should be opened at this time. Melanie wants it, Berman says her name is not on it. She wheedles, talking of him being like a 2nd father to her, (oh, brother!), he caves, gives her the letter, & leaves. She begins to rip open the envelope, & in come Bo & Hope, she stuffs it in her purse. She tries to leave, but Bo & Hope are wise to her. She claims she & Berman only said good-b ye, but Bo asks if she doesn’t have something else she wants to share. She plays dumb, he mentions the letter, asking if she doesn’t want to at least tell them what was in it. Melanie looks back and forth between the two. LOL. Gotcha!!!

Barb

Geez!! Just get Melanie off the show already!

Thanks for the write up barb!!

Thanks for the write up Barb.

will not perhaps be able to attend to Hearth & Home like she should and wants Lucas to oversee it for her for a while. She asks Philip if he would please release Lucas from his contract.

Ah, so Philip doesn't fire Lucas as some spoilers have indicated. This makes much more sense.

Attorney Berman has arrived,

I am obviously running on too little sleep, which I already knew. When first read that line, I saw Attorney Batman. What? Huh? Oh, it's Berman.

It goes to show how deceiving those advance one line spoilers are (in re: Lucas leaving Titan)

And you just made me laugh....Attorney Batman. :rotfl:

Thanks Barb!

So we have a Sami-free episode? Yippee!!!! :smile:
Can you tell I just figured out how to use the smilies? :highfive:

Thanks Barb!

So we have a Sami-free episode? Yippee!!!! :smile:
Can you tell I just figured out how to use the smilies? :highfive:

Thanks Barb!

lol to me its a Nicole free episode!! YAY! :smile: lol sorry Nicole gets on my nerves as much as Sami gets on yours.

Im glad it was a Sami-free episode too. It was a pretty good show today except for Melanie being annoying. I want to know what that letter was though. I also thought Lauren Koslow did a good job of playing Kate as being strong about everything but you could tell that underneath everything she really was scared.

Thank goodness for this Sami free episode, I'm so glad she wasn't on today. Don't get me wrong I don't hate the character, but I am getting a little tired of the Sami show. All Sami all the time is getting really really old.

It wasn't all roses though, there was so much whine on todays show that the whine started to make me crave some cheese to go along with it. My FF button got a real workout, geez every time I stopped it, it seemed that someone was whining and complaining. The only scenes that I really watched were the scenes with Kate, Lucas and Philip. Thank goodness the writers seem to be letting Lucas finally grow up and its about time. I really liked their scenes today, and I think that Lauren Koslow (Kate) could do a great job with this story line. She seems to be playing it about right, keeping strong in front of her boys and not completely falling apart once she is by herself. I really am interested in this story, and hope its a good one.

Just from reading the write ups I wanna shove Melanie off the nearest cliff. You must be doing a good summary Barb to make me feel that passionate. :D

Back