Days of Our Lives - Wed., Apr. 2, 2014

Carmel"s description of his blind date with Sami: :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: What was the exact expression he used? I erased the episode. :( No tissues used, yet.

As posters have mentioned before, DAYS really does weddings well! I only wish the entire episode had been about the wedding - various conversations among guests in the Kiriakis garden and mansion prior to the start of the ceremony. There was no reaction between EJ and Abigail once he arrived at the house, and most disappointing was the minimal airtime for Rafe and Jordan...and everyone's lack of reaction (except Kate) to Rafe having her "on his arm".

Nicole, Liam, Dr Dan, Theresa and Brady were unnecessary filler when I would rather have seen more of the guests.

A blind date with Sami? Seriously? I have no words. One of the most ridiculously convoluted plot points ever, juxtaposed with one of the most incredible wedding scenes ever on Days.

I agree 100 %. Another poorly written plot line (or should I say, little, pointless scenes) to make EJ appear as a wonderful heroic man who can save the day. :rolleyes: And to see Marlena so grateful to EJ, all the while continuing to look down on Nicole, who truly tried to change and do good things (before the ridiculous destruction of the evidence and Nicole's character growth at the same time). Nope, really not working for this viewer.

And am I the only one who questions the validity of a certificate delivered by this weirdo ? Who's to say the marriage will indeed be legal ? Want to bet one day, when the writers once again run out of stories to tell, they'll say the marriage is not legal and drama will surface ?

Guess that could happen. Tho the certificate has to be filed with the registrar's office in the city or county, so there should be a record of it. But we know how Days writers will change the past to match something or other they want to do.

I wished that Rafe would have had a scene with the kids, Ciara, Johnny, Allie, and Arianna. He is so great with them. But instead we watched Kate being jealous of Jordan, does anyone care about Kate’s feelings? I know I don’t; and Kate/Sami being catty over Jordan? As of yesterday Jordan has more class in her little finger then Sami/Kate have in their whole bodies. I say this only because we don’t know anything about Jordan history.

And did Ej really get the certificate? I didn’t see one; I know he would never lie about anything so important! :sarcasm: He can have his flunky’s produce one and is Marlena/Sami going to go to the courthouse and see if something is registered! I doubt it! There is some reason Kate was insisting on seeing it!

At the courthouse, it would be the marriage that is registered. That is what I meant.

And did Ej really get the certificate? I didn’t see one; I know he would never lie about anything so important! :sarcasm: He can have his flunky’s produce one and is Marlena/Sami going to go to the courthouse and see if something is registered! I doubt it! There is some reason Kate was insisting on seeing it!
The officiant's credentials aren't filed at the courthouse (so there'd be nothing for Sami/Marlena to double-check). The marriage license will get filed at the courthouse and there will be a section on it which Marlena fills out with her credentials as a Minister of the Happy Happy Joy Joy Church of the Universe (or whatever it was called).

The reason for Kate asking (to see the certification) was just for Marlena to be flustered while EJ was in Chicago working his magic with Hippie Man Carmel.

I'm sure that TPTB thought these stupid little "vignettes" were meant as time fillers. They could have spent at least 30 minutes discussing a new last name...the beauty of Will & Sonny (AND, T) in their tuxes...the lovely flower arrangements (only the lovely Ciara seemed to notice them)...and yes, Rafe and the kidlets all gathering around him and extolling his new way of walking!! But everything is built with a purpose...the writers just haven't decided what each purpose is yet.

There was really no reason they needed to advance the Liam story at the same time as the wedding. I would have preferred a break from Liam, let Daniel and Nicole go to the wedding after all, let Theresa make a purposely loud comment insinuating that Nicole is Daniel's date when Jen walks by and everyone (except possibly Brady) ignores that weak attempt at stirring up trouble because they're celebrating.

I had the same thought about John and as I said earlier Carrie and Austin. All should have been there.

The show would have been just fine with just those attending the wedding as well as nut job Liam as a sidebar. None of the other fluff was needed. They could have shown Sami being jealous of Jordan, EJ reacting to Abby and/or stealing a few minutes with her, Jennifer and Lucas arguing about Daniel, etc. Even Eric playfully joking with Marlena about the church name. Plenty of storyline discussion with just the wedding attendees.

Roller blades would be a very good fit for Salem, as no one drives. More spectacular bump-intos would be a bonus.

Carmel re his blind date with Sami: "A horror show of oblivious self-involvement." :)

Puddle Duck, thanks for reminding me about the PeeWee movie... a re-watch is overdue!

Back