Days of Our Lives - Wed., Dec. 27, 2017

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Midweek, and the episode seems like mostly filler. Conversations are lengthy, some just chit chat, a couple a bit repetitious. Abby, still in that unattractive dress, talks with Andre about Kate. She is citing the things Kate has done, Andre defending her, Abby realizing that Andre evidently has feelings for Kate. He denies a bit, she insists, and ends up giving him advice…more or less, tell Kate how you feel. Andre doesn’t think that a good idea, but of course, won’t know unless you try. She thinks with the New Year’s party coming on, good time, leaves the room to go work on her list of what she has to do for the party. Andre ponders.

Jen is home, Eric visiting, she concerned JJ hasn’t arrived yet. In he comes, has a gift, and a good excuse for being late. He tells all about Theo opening his eyes at last, what he did, etc. etc. Jen is so happy JJ was there, and then learns how Abe came to JJ’s apt., forgave him, and asked him to come see Theo. JJ talks of promising the friend who helped him last night when he was at a very low point, that he would seek counseling. Jen will call Marlena, but JJ wants Eric, apologizes for being such a jerk to him yesterday, but Eric did get through to him. Eric naturally will be happy to do so. JJ leaves, Jen & Eric talk about it all a bit, then Eric spots a Scrabble set, asks Jen to play. Both claim they are whizzes at it, start setting up, Jen casually asks Eric to Abby’s party. (which she says is celebrating Chad being CEO again. She knows Eric hates dressy affairs, so he may not want to go. He teases her about the board, setting up letters that spell Isayyes, claiming 50 pts. She doesn’t realize what it says at first, then laughs. No, not a date, just going there together.

In the square, Claire & Ciara continue their verbal battle over Theo, which soon escalates into a physical one. Pushing, shoving, Claire lands atop a table, goes after Ciara, along comes Tripp who breaks it up. Claire is going to see Theo now, hasn’t had any alone time with him, keep her away. She rushes off, Ciara starts after, but Tripp holds her back. Ciara ends up telling Tripp that she is better for Theo than Claire, she knows Tripp has a thing for Claire, should have made his move while Theo was asleep. So now, since she wants Theo, and he wants Claire, they should join forces, work together.

Chad has pulled Kate away from Theo’s window, she notes things seem intense in there. He says that is family in there, they don’t need you watching. They get into it about Kate causing Theo’s injury, Chad is berating her for letting Andre be blamed. She is boo hooing how much she loves Theo, yada, yada. Chad says Andre has blackmailed me into letting you stay on, and anything goes on, you deal with him. You and I are done. I lost the only thing I had left for you, and that is respect.

Abe comes out with Lani, say Theo admitted he was trying to break into the warehouse, they asked him if anyone from the DiMera Co had put him up to breaking in, he said no, he learned someone was trying to hack in, did it on his own. Lani says she is going to the station to write up the report, she leaves.

And as Abe turns to return to the room, Kate stops him, tells him that Theo was actually covering up for someone at the DiMera company. Abe thinks Andre……no, it was me, she says. Chad is listening, watching, as Kate (trying her best to shed a few tears) tells how she tracked down the hacker to the warehouse, and then needed someone she could trust to get in and find out who. Abe is not a happy camper, but angrily thanks her for her honesty.

JJ has gone home, opens one of those envelopes, takes something out, and leaves. He arrives at the station to see Lani, bringing with him the tickets to the Rihanna concert, which he now gives her. He explains he did get them for her birthday, she realizes they had to go on that warehouse call then. She is thrilled, hugs, kiss.

Meanwhile Claire has gone in, holds Theo’s hand, is so glad she can talk to him now, promising nothing will ever part them again. He asks how she & Ciara are getting along, fine, just fine, everything is cool.

At DiMansion, Andre wonders why Abby is so good to him. She says he was so good to her during her troubles, then claims “us crazy people have to stick together” & laughs. She says he is her brother-in-law, & she loves him. Peck on the cheek, she leaves.

Eric spots a Monopoly set

It was Scrabble

I feel like this was the 4th day in a row of watching the same episode, only difference is whether Kate or Eve appears.

Abby and Andre together for the entire show and propping Kate? NO.

Claire and Ciara fighting in public for 3 scenes only to finally be broken up by Tripp of all people? NO. WHERE ARE SHAWN AND HOPE? I hate to say it but I think something bad is going to have to happen to Claire in order for Ciara to calm down. Until then, I'm firmly Team Claire.

Jennifer and Eric were ok. If they're going to be paired romantically, they need some spark. Why would Jennifer need to call Marlena if Marlena's son is sitting right next to her? :rolleyes: And why can't we actually see Marlena instead of hearing about her?

Theo loves Kate. Kate begging Chad for forgiveness. STILL NO.

I found it funny that Jen would need to call and make an appointment for her adult police office son, when he's 100% capable of doing that himself. My parents quit making appointments for me when I was 16, after that I called for myself. TV life must be nice. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the summary Poirot!!

Are my ears deceiving me? Did Kate actually confess to Abe, or will it turn out to be an imaginary thought bouncing around in her conniving brain?

P.S. At this point, I’m team Claire.

Love was breaking out all over Salem today.

Love fest 1: Kate & Andre. As Abigail said, crazy people need to stick together.

Love fest 2: Eric & Jenny: So they play Scrabble? Who knew? But the ex-priest seems to cheat, which serious players would regard as an unpardonable sin.

Love fest 3: Theo & Kate: Theo covering for Kate shows that DiMera blood is thicker than the Carver variety.

Elsewhere things weren't so pleasant.

Grinch Chad/Angry Abe & Cunning Kate: Is Kate falling on her sword by confessing or does she realize that she can't be prosecuted without implicating Theo? And everyone knows that the beloved Theo will never be charged with anything.

Ciara & Claire: There are no words. They were so bad today that the usually-oblivious Town Square passersby actually stopped to watch their brawl.

The humanization of Andre continues. I actually am on board with that. I liked the scenes with him and Abby today. Looks like Ciara and Tripp will perhaps work together to undermine Theo and Claire's relationship. I'm looking forward to the big New Year's Eve shindig & anticipate all kinds of mayhem brewing.

I found it funny that Jen would need to call and make an appointment for her adult police office son, when he's 100% capable of doing that himself. My parents quit making appointments for me when I was 16, after that I called for myself. TV life must be nice. :rolleyes:
When we were first married, my husband wanted me to make all the phone calls and then he would keep telling me what to say. I put an end to that!! Make your OWN phone calls!

I can't stand to even hear their voices.
I never could stand Claire's voice. These 19 year olds act about 10.

So now, since she wants Theo, and he wants Claire, they should join forces, work together.
Lucas and Sami they are not. Let's end this.

I really like Jen and Eric a lot more than I should. But if they're going to get serious at any point, we need an earthy conversation about their plans for children (if any) and their age difference (if any - who can tell in Salem?).
Abe is not a happy camper, but angrily thanks her for her honesty.
A small part of me wishes the over-the-top angry Abe had learned this information. I'm not impressed that Kate fessed up even though she didn't have to.
Until then, I'm firmly Team Claire.
I have been, and ever shall be on Team Claire. She's been the most interesting teen since their introduction in November of 2015. Theo a close second. Aside from her blip as a wannabe social media starlet, which is actually quite in line for someone her age, I've not had any issues with her writing. I just wish they hadn't ruined Chase.

Thanks, Poirot.

Another Christmas miracle. Kate confessed to Abe she had Theo go to the warehouse.

I'm surprised no one in the Horton Square took video of Claire and Ciara's fight.
Maybe they were bored like we are.

Why didn't JJ tell Jen he was going to commit suicide? Will he
tell Eric? And why is JJ
going to talk to Eric instead of therapist?

I am glad that Kate confessed. What will Abe do with that knowledge? Probably not enough.

This Ciara/Claire garbage is just that! Garbage!! Can we not have a cat fight? So stupid fighting over Theo. Ciara will only want him until he decides he wants her. Like I've said they were really raised like brother and sister not loves meant to be.

Could Abby's dress be any uglier today?

Back