Days of Our Lives - Wed. Feb. 15, 2017

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry folks, only 10 min. at beginning, 10 min. at the end......White House press conference took the time.

So...Marlena & Kayla sit in the Pub, talking of not knowing what flight was taken from Prague, Kayla bemoaning how there can be no wedding without the groom. "Would I do that to you"? and there is Steve, coming in with a red heart shaped box of candy for his sweetness. Happy Valentines Day. Hugs, kisses, smiles from Marlena, small talk. Shane has also come in, gives Kayla a kiss from Kim, he spoke to her on the phone. Rafe is at the courthouse, waiting to hear the judge's verdict about Hope. Rafe arrives, looks a bit down in the mouth, but then says the judge reversed Hope's conviction. Roman is going to release a statement immediately.Time to get dressed, Shane & Steve's suits are at the hotel, off they go.

Kate sits with Andre in the square, has not yet found out what Jen was doing down at the pier. Andre gets a call, learns that Hope's conviction has been overturned. He is not happy, she has to pay for what she did to him, letting him sit in jail. :rolleyes: "Mother" says a voice, Austin & Carrie arrive, hugs for Austin, hello for Carrie. Andre shakes hands then goes off on an errand. Kate has them sit down, wants to hear all about what went down in Prague.

Hope sits with Eric, tells him she hacked into the program Hattie's company used for accounting, found that millions were taken from the account the same day "Alfie" came there, transferred to an account in Bermuda, then to another account belonging to DiMera Enterprises, and finally withdrawn by someone using Andre's I.D. Hope has the proof, now wants to get the info out to the right people, without revealing where she is. Eric is glad to hear this. She get's an e-mail notice from Salem newspaper, reads how she has been exonerated, is deliriously happy, hugging Eric, so joyful she did not kill anyone, but Mr. Doom & Gloom is not smiling. She realizes how he feels, apologizes, says she now can go back to Salem, he should come, too. Nope, he is not ready, she persists, he starts yelling about not being ready...........and that is it for the first part of the show.

The last 10 min. Austin is alone with Kate in the square, trying to get her to open up about her latest man, she claims to not have one, he knows better, she always has a man. She says that was a mistake on her part. He tries to get her to open up, to no avail.

Rafe & Hope are with Andre at the cop shop, he agrees to their deal, leaves. ??? Hope & Rafe hug, kiss.

Over at the Pub, Carrie is there, seems to have changed clothes, Steve is there, in his suit. Kayla arrives, sees Steve, pulls her coat in front of her to hide what she is wearing. Marlena is with her. All are ready for the wedding, loving talk. She drops the coat, makes no difference, she & Steve don't believe in it anyway. Oh, yeah, saw Joey, so he must have come in. Steve says all that matters this day is that their family & friends, people they love, are there to see them seal the deal. They kiss. Kayla leaves to go wherever, Steve is smiling. And in comes Rafe with his surprise........Hope. Smiles, hugs, all around.

That's all she wrote, folks. tune in tomorrow.

almost forgot......short scene of Eric, sitting at a writing table, doing a note or letter. He folds, puts in an envelope, doesn't seal, but then opens a small chest, puts the envelope in, atop a pile of others, closes the chest.

Yep, Shawn was on. Have now seen the middle.........not really much but filler. Stephanie arrived, Kayla got her old, new, borrowed and blue. Kayla talked to Caroline, told her to stay warm in CA with Kim, and yes, she was being married at a mass. LOL, off the phone, she tells Marlena she lied. (they are being married in the TBD club). Marlena gives her a garter, Stephanie arrives, gives her a blue nightie, and Carrie shows up with earrings she bought in Prague.

And over at the cop shop, Hope shows up, hugs her kids, has to give Raines her story. She does, tells how she was chloroformed, taken out, woke up in dumpster, left bleeding, good samaritan found her, got her back to health. Raines goes to talk to DA, Hope/Rafe hug, kiss, Andre arrives, all ready to send her back to jail, something about the deal they made, that he would keep quiet, she would go to jail, but now she is out, so.......But Hope has her file, relates all she found out about Alfie/Andre & the money. So, she can give all the info she has to the cops, free Hattie, send Andre back to prison.......or just enough to free Hattie, which does he choose? He takes the deal (clearly not happy about it).

Really, lots of unimportant, but very nice small talk takes up the time. :)

I don't know how Thaao Penghlis (Andre) does it. As himself, in is Twitter travel pictures, he looks like the nicest guy around. But as Andre, he looks like the biggest bucket of slime. Kudos to the actor for being able to "turn it on" when he's portraying Andre.

I'm glad to hear that Hope's deal with Andre still gets Hattie out of jail. Not sure how it works, if it doesn't show who stole the money, but whatever. If Hope's conviction can be overturned, with no attempted murder charges, then Hattie can get out of jail without showing who stole the money.

I'm glad I'm on central time. Special report was an hour before the show. I just hate this Hope story. Why does everyone want her to get away with everything she does? Though it will be good when it comes out that she did actually kill Stefano, because ya know secrets aren't kept forever.

I found it odd today that Shane and Steve talking about Stefano really being dead and made no mention of the picture of him feeding pigeons? Did I miss something? Did they resolve that?

Apparently still shoving Hope and Rafe down our throats. Ugh. Something has to break them up. Maybe he'll decide he wants children? I hope something. I thought Rafe had the dumbest look on his face when Hope giving it to Andre, who does need to get even. They framed him for murdering his father. He's not gonna let this go. And I wonder why did he approach Hattie who looks just like Marlena? He had to know that would not be good.

Was nice to see Stephanie. I could get behind a Chad /Stephanie pairing. But I don't know if she's staying. Probably not.

And Eric. Geez, he just strikes me as very serial killer-ish now. So much anger and his looks. I know he killed saint Daniel, but it was an accident. I know he was drunk and shouldn't have been driving but he can't compare him killing Daniel with Hope shooting Stefano. She had intent to kill, but Eric did not. It's really hard to picture him as a priest now. But maybe that's what they want.

I was surprised that picture was not mentioned.......I did like Hope asking Eric, if he was still a priest, and a man came and confessed to having killed another man, would there not be a prayer of absolution for him? (yes, there would) but Eric so painfully replied he is no longer a man of God. And Hope thanked him, kissed his cheek, and said God Bless you, Eric, God Bless you, stroking his cheek a bit. It was a small, but very touching scene.

Ok so I saw the middle as well while I ate lunch here on the West Coast but I was at a hotel bar and it was on mute lol. Fun fact: the bartender saw what I was watching and told me one of his colleagues used to play the bartender at the Brady Pub. So random!

So I do need to watch for real later. I did notice that Hope spent very little time with her kids and then went off to Rafe. And then when the kids came in with Andre, Ciara had to calm Shawn down while Hope just stood there. And why wouldn't the kids go to the wedding too? Along with Belle and Claire. It's always one step forward two steps back with this show.

And I agree about Hope and Rafe needing to break up. Even watching without sound, they are just painful to watch. And Rafe looks really out of place when they mix him in with the other vets. He should be part of the same crowd as Shawn, Belle, Chloe, Carrie, Austin, Brady, Nicole and Eric.

Just a few comments about today's developments.

Let's rewrite the dictionary: Apparently, now someone whose murder conviction is vacated because the victim survived is now "exonerated." Only in Salem.

True Salemite: Stephanie may been gone for quite a while, but she's still a true Salemite. How can people tell? In the middle of a Mid-West winter she was wearing a light jacket; a flimsy lowcut, sleeveless top; and a very short skirt. Brrrr.

Sounding like Sami: If Kate keeps pushing her "Andre is changed" mantra, she's going to be accused of turning into Sami.

Oh, shut-up!: Should Steve and Shane have been loudly talking about their criminally fraudulent scheme to free Hope while standing in the middle of TBD? Sure, the place seemed empty, but in Salem the walls have ears and slimy Dario might find this information useful sometime down the road.

Sucking on lemons: If there was any doubt that Eric was the biggest sourpuss in Salem history, it was erased today when he failed to show even a glimmer of a smile at the news that Hope had been "exonerated." He is, however, wise not to return to Salem. He'd probably be set upon by mobs of angry, howling, pitchfork-carrying Dr. Daniel Jonas worshippers.

If Hattie gets out of jail, I hope she goes to see Mr Roman.

Where oh where is Noah, Carrie and Austin's son? I hoped they would
bring him to meet his grandparents.

Best part of the show was seeing Stephanie come to town.

Why are Kayla and Steve getting married at Club TBD?

I hope Eduardo doesn't have listening devices in the club since Shane
and Steve talked about their plan that got Hope out of jail.

It was nice to have an episode filled with happy stuff and not just gloom and doom

Thanks for all you did to get us a summary. I haven't tried to watch yet, but it appears mine recorded the whole thing--central time.

macgyverswife, you are right about secrets coming out, but I have a feeling this will be the end of Hope killing Stefano. It seems like this was their way of wrapping it up. Maybe they will give Hope a rest and then later, have something different for her to move on to--without Rafe. Probably wishful thinking on my part.

9e845bf7cde64cd0cefb5cfb448899bd.jpg

What was amazing about Hope's ability is that Eric just brought her the laptop he purchased for her at the computer store. No software, and what about a modem to get ON to the internet??? And then, she shows up at the cop show with a folder of "proof"......and yet...where was the printer? LOL. Eric had already said his reception was very spotty. Since he had no computer, he would not have had a modem, printer, etc.

Wonder how Eric pays for everything??

Back