Days of Our Lives - Wed. Feb. 17, 2016

Thanks for the summary.

And since someone must say it, I will. The old writers were better than these hacks. Yes, I'd rather see Eve and JJ romp in the sack 5 times per day, every day than the endless saga of Hope/Andre/Rafe, Chase being a rapist, and Belle/Philip/Deimos/Victor/Kate/Eduardo. GARBAGE!!!

Is this the love and romance we were told was going to happen with the new writers? Well, I'm sorry but rape and incest (they are half-brother/sister) is not romantic at all. I also feel for the viewers that had to go through this experience. We watch soaps to "escape" our own lives sort of, not to relive our nightmares. Days has gotten to dark for my liking.

On another note, do the writers know the meaning of sweeps anymore? They're meant to get the ratings higher. Well, if it goes on with all the deaths, violence and non-sense we're seeing, I feel that's not going to happen. I've been watching since the mid-80's and I'm seriously considering calling it quits!

I'm sorry but rape and incest (they are half-brother/sister) is not romantic at all...

Step brother/sister. In order to be half siblings, they would share one parent. However, the yuck factor is still high:sick:.

I really don't understand why they kept Chase around just to throw him under the bus like his father. I would have rather had Hope ship him off to his aunt in Chicago or put him in foster care rather than put up with this storyline.

I just hope the writers are not planning a EJ/Sami redux. One story with a woman falling in love with her rapist is enough :beat:.

Thanks, Jen. Was just going to say that it's not incest and Ciara and Chase are not half-siblings, they are step-siblings. They are not blood related in any way, shape or form.

Julie and Hope are half-siblings, as they share the same biological mother. Jennifer and Lucas are half-siblings, as they share the same biological father.

While I am not at all happy with this turn of events, I absolutely will NOT say the previous writers were better. They were not. They dragged stories out forever, wrote terrible stories that never ended , boring ones at that, and only for a couple of characters.

That said, more and more I am thinking this all currently is the reason one of the newer headwriters went on a "leave of absence" last summer and has not returned. But again, we are stuck with the "already written and filmed 6 mos. ago" thing, That should be ending soon,

But again.....this is all ultimately Corday's responsibility. He is supposed to be on top of his show, getting scripts, story outlines, etc. way ahead of filming, and could easily have put a halt to this travesty of a story, months before filming, but did not.

There is going to be a great deal of fallout from this..... And as you all know, just my opinion.

It stuns me that Corday may have read the proposed storyline and said "Teenage rape in Salem?? Yeah, sounds good, this'll be great for ratings!"

And the character of Chase? They might as well kill him off soon, because there's no way to rehabilitate a rapist and turn him into leading man with a "golden love story". Oh, wait......

As to the actor portraying Chase......he has never been on contract, is recurring.

I cannot blame Chase for feeling that he is not a part of that family. Hope pays really no attention to him at all, he is not included in family stuff.......even the card playing the other day was just Hope & Ciara. Maybe I should rephrase to say we don't see Hope paying any attention at all to him, whether he is home, not home, upstairs, has he had breakfast, dinner, etc. etc. So, he is living there, but is not treated at all as a family member.
Would she not have to be named his guardian? Oh, well. Just rambling away here.

I do agree Poirot. Poor Chase really had no real support after his father's death. There were so many possibilities, so many things that could have been done to help him. But Hope didn't care one iota. She was too hell bent on revenge. Then she killed Stefano and was focusing on that. In no way am I excusing Chase raping Ciara though. But the guy really had it rough. Even when it was discovered that Chase was bullying Theo, all Hope did was leave it in Ciara's hands, tell Chase to apologize and she pretty much let it go. And I can't really blame Ciara either for being scared of Chase. Aiden did try to kill her mother and Chase is his son. She is a teenager trying to deal with very adult stuff. When Hope saw what was happening between Ciara and Chase, Ciara being scared and maybe Chase being infatuated with her, she should have done something. But, in a typical Salem mother fashion, nope, she just focused on herself.

Again, this is all lazy writing to me, sacrificing Chase, a character who had potential, to create more cheap drama. So thanks to this new awful storyline, Chase is ruined, Hope is ruined, now Rafe, as he saw Chase struggling, even tried to help but let it all go to focus on Hope and her stupid behaviour. So add them to the list of already ruined or sacrificed characters, Days of our Lives is really not getting any better, is it ?

Last edited:
Would she not have to be named his guardian?
She would've had to petition the court to be named his legal guardian. She was only his step-mother. And even at that, she wasn't his "legal" step-mother. Although Aiden and Hope were married earlier in the night, the completed marriage license would've had to be filed at the Salem courthouse after the wedding. And I seriously doubt anyone took the license down to the courthouse to be filed after what happened. Then again, this is Salem, so real laws never apply. :rolleyes:

:OT: I cannot remember anyone talking of packing up/disposing of whatever was in the home where Aiden & Chase lived before the wedding. Was everything put in storage? Chase is a teen, and yet, had only one small suitcase when he "left home" meaning Hope's house. Was there ever any mention of Aiden's things....clothes, furniture, his office, files, etc. etc. ??? Or of Chase's? :back:

They had a good start for a therapy storyline for him, since they called Marlena over to tell him about his dad. While we didn't have to see the sessions (they'd have been pretty boring, probably), they could've made mention of him seeing Marlena on a regular basis to deal with things.

Back