Days of Our Lives - Wed. Feb. 8, 2017

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Good show, if you can suspend disbelief and ignore the time warps. LOL Bear with me here. Replay of Lt. Raines firing his gun at the retreating Hope. She stops, turns, hands in air, he has fired into air, warning shot. Thus she now runs, he chases, unable to catch a weak, wounded woman, calls it in, this time indicating an APB, and she is to be apprehended, is on foot. Meanwhile, Eric is sitting on the bed, looking at the picture of Hope & the kids, decides he has to go find her before the cops do.He leaves.

And later, returns with Hope, who is thanking him for finding her. (oh, quit rolling your eyes, now) She tells him what happened, wants to know what happened to the room, he tells of the police coming, someone must have seen her when she was outside. He asks for her burner phone, needs to be destroyed now. She wonders about internet, his is spotty, but he has no computer, however will go into Brooksville, to the computer store there, warning her not to leave, tho she wants to. She promises to stay, will clean up the bedroom. He is gone, she is straightening everything up, finds a newspaper pic of Jennifer under the bed.

In the locked room, Chad is trying to break the door down, Gabi urging him to stop, he has tried all night, he is not a battering ram. She notes they have been there 13 hrs. now. Both talk of being hungry, wanting pizza and fries, she starts worrying about them being killed, her daughter being raised without her mother, Chad calms her down. The door rattles, some goon comes in with a bag of some food, saying Deimos wants to keep them alive as bargaining chips. He goes after Gabi, wants some lovin' it appears, Chad steps in front of her, gets punched in the gut as a reward, the goon takes the food, deciding they don't deserve it. Gabi tries to tend to the unconscious Chad.

Abby is in Andre's hospital room, he is being discharged. they argue, as she wants to find her husband, he is telling her to stay out of it. She reminds him he started this, by sinking that ship, that is why he was poisoned, and others paying. She storms out, going to find her husband.

Drew is anxiously pacing as Jen comes in. Amazingly, his beard is trimmed down to respectable length, and his hair appears to be trimmed a bit. Jen comes rushing in, has talked to Camilla, she has found safe place, is fine. He is unsure, thinks she is mad at him, no, Camilla loves him. Drew is really bouncing around, yes, he created a virus to destroy the Orwell, yes it works, but he cannot get past the Titan firewall. He really babbles in the explanations, which are Greek to Jen, lol, finally accepts that Camilla is o.k. He thinks if he can get a Titan computer, he may be able to get into administrator mode, and be able to deal with the firewall. Jen has an idea, might know someone who can get in there. She gets a call from Abby to meet her at the Pub, now, and leaves.

Later we see Drew, furiously working at the computer, and once again foiled in his attempt to get past that firewall. He debates leaving that room, changes his mind, knows he has to do this.

At the Pub, Abby has a flashback of telling Chad she is in on this war, is part of this family, etc. Jen arrives, Abby needs advice, explains, rather disjointedly, that Chad & Gabi have been kidnapped, and then about the war over some tech device, the families, the war, and finally mentions them needing a key, which was to arrive via a shipment at the docks. Jen perks up, flashes back to discovering Drew. Abby is at a loss, not knowing exactly what to do now.

Andre goes to see Eduardo, proposes they form an alliance. Eduardo is worried about Dario, still in intensive care, and his daughter who has been kidnapped. Eduardo is wary, but finally says he is in.....they shake on it.

And now to Prague, where no time has passed at all, everyone still at the ball. Replay of the hand on Marlena's shoulder, her gasp. The rest of the posse get no response from her, go looking, no Marlena. All are upset, Stefano has her. And suddenly marlena comes rushing into the room (no mask) followed by Austin. Yep, was he who tapped her shoulder, startled her, she spilled her drink on his suit, showed him to the men's room to clean up, apologizes to all, lost her mike (Rafe had found it), is sorry, yes, her fault, blah, blah. The waiting begins again, Steve & Kayla dance, are doing some love talk and kiss, Paul & Sonny hear some song, take a trip down memory lane to when he was still playing ball, returned to room, Sonny had champagne, they danced, etc. etc. Everyone is getting nervous, is nearing midnight, Stefano is sure to appear. Rafe hears from Salem about Raines firing at Hope, is getting upset. Then he is talking to Raines, who reminds him that he is a higher position than Rafe, and doesn't answer to him. Hope is still an escaped felon. Rafe hangs up, swears he will kill that guy. Marlena calms him down. Austin wants to talk to Rafe privately, brings up Carrie & Rafe's little flirtation last year. Rafe assures him twas nothing, Austin knows he is into Hope, yep, she is the one, says Rafe. Austin just wanted to clear the air.

Suddenly, the lights go out, just as Marlena sees one guy in a mask, calls him Stefano. The lights are back on, the man is gone, Steve & Rafe have followed. Marlena talks to Kayla, is positive it was Stefano. They lost him. Meanwhile, Rafe & Steve find the room empty, each go to check a couple areas. The man appears (only his back is visible) and there is Rafe, gun drawn, don't move. He calls Steve, who appears, gun drawn, they have him. Steve says end of the road, DiMera.

Rafe comes in to tell the others, We got him! Yes, we finally have him.

Ahhh, and that is the question........Whether tis nobler in the minds of men..........ha....I kept saying the same thing as I watched. WHEN did everyone learn of the kidnapping? Guess off screen, everyone learned of it. As on screen, the only thing I ever heard/saw was Deimos giving the Hernandez & Kiriakis families 48 hrs. to come up with the key.

I think Deimos showed Eduardo and Andre the picture of Gabi and Chad that he took and told them then.

Seriously Raines cannot catch an injured Hope who had about a 10 foot start and could barely walk when she somehow ending up back with Eric?? Really tired of Hope's story. Still don't know how finding Stefano frees her. Are they going to say that was not a real body that she and Rafe dragged away. And that they exhumed to retest DNA if it was Stefano? So dumb.

I think Hope murdering Stefano was a great way to end the character. Especially now that the actor is gone too. They said at the end they got Stefano. While seeing Joe Mascolo (Stefano) one more time would be great I wish they had left Stefano dead. I was hoping it might even be a new character. Long lost Dimera son or nephew to carry on the family tormenting.

I knew that hand tap on Marlena was not Stefano. Was too tall. And I am still hoping they will end Rafe and Hope. Hope moved on nicely with Aidan but then the writers had to go and ruin all that. And no Rafe - she is not "the one".

Thanks Poirot. I really hope this is the end of the Hope/Rafe/Prague saga. It had promise but turned out to be really boring. And what did Austin mean about Rafe and Carrie's flirtation "last year"? Dude, that was 5 years ago!! Is Salem's timeline changing all of a sudden?

Eduardo, Chad, Jennifer, Abigail, Gabi, that's basically the best part of the show.

I knew that hand tap on Marlena was not Stefano. Was too tall.
Whenever they do scenes like that (where you only see their hand/feet/back/shoulder/etc), they rarely use the actual actor. Whoever touched Marlena's shoulder was some random stand-in.

Even if it had been Stefano, they still would've had some random stand-in or backstage crew worker throw on a tux jacket to do the scene.

@Daysdg..........sorry...no one said "last year"...Rafe said it was a long time ago, when Austin asked if him being "green" as a spy bothered Rafe, and it perhaps wasn't something else,...like Carrie.

The show really moved around a lot, and it bugged me that while in Salem it was the next day, or 13 hrs. later, Prague was still in the same time as it was before. Early morning for Chad & Gabi, but obviously later on for Jen & Drew, Abby/Andre, etc.

Go Austin! If it's not about Carrie, Rafe, then please explain your crappy treatment of Austin. The writers are slowly ruining Rafe in my opinion. Wardrobe and hair department, the thing around Abigail's neck and the funky hair, rates you an F-!

OC, you need to stay by your TV tomorrow so it won't happen again :)

An interesting episode with characters getting involved with other storylines.

Abby told Jen about needing the key and Jen just happens to know where and
what it is. Will Jen tell Abby that?

The stuff in Prague was good too except when they were standing together
talking and had their masks off. Not a good idea since they were expecting
Stefano any minute.

Disappointed again Sonny and Paul didn't dance.

Are we to assume Eric just happened by and picked up Hope before Raines
found her?

Interesting shirt Andre was wearing. It reminded me of the 70s or 80s. Maybe
they are in style again.

I clearly missed an important piece of a recent episode! When and how did anyone learn that Gabi and Chad had been kidnapped by Deimos?

At the end of Friday's episode, Andre, Eduardo and Kate were confronted by Deimos in Andre's hospital room. He told them he kidnapped Chad and Gabi until the key was returned to him. Then the camera panned wider and we saw Abigail eavesdropping at the door. Today she told Jen. I'm not sure who else you are referring to? The biggest problem here is they waited 3 days to pick the story up again.

I'm also really disappointed in how Rafe is being written. I didn't enjoy him yelling and then the vets trying to calm him. What is that?! Also, Rafe being snarky with Austin makes no sense whatsoever. Two weeks ago, Austin was snarking at Rafe and rightfully so. Now suddenly Austin is asking Rafe why he's upset?

I thought the one sided Stefano capture was very poorly done. They should have just come back in and said they arrested him.

The Hope/Raines/Eric bit was also poorly done. I do like Raines though. And I enjoyed Eric today.

Drew is useless to me but he's fun to look at. This is another plot point that needs to move along.

Andre and Abby all buddy buddy still? No just no.

If there was a theme today, it was physical and mental revivals.

Hope: barely being able to stand or move around, she was suddenly able to muster sufficient energy to escape Raines and leave him huffing and puffing in an alley.

Stefano: When last seen he was confined to a wheelchair and had several bullets in him, but now he seems to be so hale and hearty that he can trip the light fantastic at a masked ball. He's not only been resurrected, he's been taking huge gulps from a fountain of youth.

Abigail: Not so long ago, she was reduced to a quiverlng pile of jello by big, bad Ben, and then was such an emotional wreck that she took up residence in Jenny's attic. Now, she's a strong, resolute woman determined to save her man.

Whatever these three have been popping or smoking, Deimos, Andre, and the Slimys should forget Orwell and the "Key" and invest in it. They'd make a fortune.

OC, you need to stay by your TV tomorrow so it won't happen again :)

Yes, I will be in the house and watching for it today. Someday I need to call Dish and ask them if/how I can get my things to stop switching over to record on his part of the receiver instead of mine.

Of the part I got to watch last night, I saw Chad and Gabi talking about how glad they were that it wasn't stifling hot in the room, like it was in that other room they got locked in. They gave no indication of it being cold, even though they said it was a meat storage room (or something like that). I guess it isn't turned on, since there is no food in there. Seems like it would be getting a little stuffy though, unless there is ventilation.

Back