Days of Our Lives - Wed., Jan. 22, 2020

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, January 22, 2020

In present day, Kristen is begging a reluctant Brady to talk of the loss of their baby, they never have. He doesn't seem to want to, but finally says, o.k. And we return to last year's Mother's Day, Kristen in the hospital, evidently her labor is long & painful, she is constantly complaining. Haley is there in and out, Kayla comes in, has dialed 3 centimeters and her pains are several minutes apart. She has has to be 10 centimeters. Brady is in scrubs, telling Kristen when she has a pain, just squeeze his hand. She does, a lot.

Replays of yesterday's closing scenes. Sonny looking at picture of him, Adrienne & Will, saying family will soon be bigger. Justin comes in, lots of chatter, then they go off to watch a Cubs game.

Adrienne in car with Sarah, telling her to call Xander, she does. Will in his car, muttering about it being after midnight in Italy, he is a dead man. He starts punching numbers in the phone.

Sarah talking to Xander, apologizing for how she spoke to him, is on way to hospital, on Rt. 7, just passing Exit 5. She wants him there with her, he is all excited. Adrienne moans about someone in her lane, laying on the horn. Will is in the dark, suddenly lights in his windshield. He veers, as does Adrienne in her car, swerving into a ditch. Windshield is shattered in her car, both she & Sarah unconscious. Will is fine, realizes there is another car there, gets out, and finds Adrienne. She comes to, tells him to see to Sarah. Will has called 911, ambulance on way. Sarah comes to, but cannot remove her seat belt. Will goes to help, Adrienne gets out of car, tho Will says not to, takes a couple steps, passes out. He rushes over to her.

JJ is at hospital, getting cozy with Haley for a few minutes. Gets call about accident, will meet partner at car. Xander is talking to Sarah, knows something happened phone goes dead. Justin & Sonny talk about the good game, Sonny saying Will should have been there already.

At the hospital, Kristen notes another pain, seems different, passes out as the monitor goes beeping like mad, Haley rushes in.

Xander has comes upon a crashed vehicle, Maggie inside, unconscious, empty booze bottle in car. He is getting her to come to a bit, asking about Sarah, she murmurs that Adrienne drove her. Xander calls Victor, tells him of finding Maggie, unconscious, get a driver to come her, get rid of the car, cops know her car. Vic says to put her in Xander's car, no he cannot, Sarah in labor, he has to tend to her.

JJ has arrived, Adrienne unresponsive. Ambulance gets her on gurney, neck brace and takes her off. To hospital. Xander wants Sarah to go along, no, no time. Will calls Justin, tells him to get to hospital stat. There is a big long series of flashbacks of Justin & Adrienne, very young, very much in love, very happy. Xander is going to take Sarah in his car, helps her out, she starts having bad labor, feels like she has to push, Xander is going to have to help her have this baby. Blanket & first aid kit in the back. He gets everything, she evidently delivers on the ground beside the car. All is well. It's a girl and she's as pretty as her mom. Sarah holds the baby who cries.

At the hospital, Adrienne brought in, Justin yelling her name. She is taken to surgery, they wait. Kayla comes out, Justin demanding that Adrienne be all right. Kayla is sorry, so sorry, Justin wails, she holds him as he sobs. A bit earlier, Will had arrive, Sonny so glad he is there, they embrace.

In Kristen's room, Brady sits on side of bed, twirling the charm bracelet, looking worried. Kristen's not in the bed. Later, she's back and has come to, he says she passed out. She isn't in pain any more, yes she had the baby. He tells of the complication, umbilical cord wrapped around neck, she cries, no, no, don't let anything happen to my baby, not my baby.

I sincerely hope the outcome of all this isn't Maggie killing Adrienne in a drunk driving accident and not remembering or something. I can't imagine she would do that and let Will go to jail.

Vic does have Maggie at home near the end, saying "you are lucky you did not kill anyone". Right now, it looks to me like Will, being the only one there, takes responsibility. Sarah says something about a big black car coming at them. causing Xander to flash back to finding Maggie .........which we JUST SAW a few minutes before. But then Will gets a guilty look as well.

Maybe back in the present day, they'll find a dead/decomposed Summer behind the wheel of a wrecked car, that had been hidden by brush/shrubs/etc. and discover she caused the accident.

I saw the episode on YouTube. Too bad it was preempted because it was pretty good.

Seems JJ was just on the verge of asking Haley to marry him when he got the call about the accident and had to run out of the room.

Haley said she spent the day with Melinda and mentioned she called her "mom" for the first time, how it just felt right.

Geez, Kristen acted as though she had never been in labor or given birth before. I guess she forgot that she carried and gave birth to Tate. (not that giving birth before makes subsequent births easier, but she seemed shocked by the labor pain)

When she was struggling in labor, Haley re-positioned Kristen so she was on her side, with a pillow between her knees. She explained why being in that position was more comfortable. Kristen is extremely grateful. Then Haley tells her about an old Chinese proverb that says something like there's only one pretty child in the world and every mother has it. She pulls it up on a tablet, tells Kristen to focus on that, and hands it to Brady, who props it up so Kristen can see as she smiles.

I haven't seen this whole episode yet, but it seems that Will, Adrienne, and the inebriated Maggie had the only cars on the road. How else could Xander arrive after the event, get Maggie away from the scene, and get rid of Maggie's damaged car? Anywhere but Salem an accident like this would have drawn a swarm of spectators, even after dark.

Last edited:
Yes, and as close as they supposedly were to the hospital, the ambulance and paramedics did not seem to have seen Maggie car, or the one that came and got her, or her car getting out of the ditch, etc. etc.

And why was Maggie's car on the other side of the road since both Adrienne and she had come from the Kiriakis mansion? She had to be on the other side in order to be coming straight at Adrienne. Which means she was on the same side of the road as Will but yet he didn't see another car behind or in front of him? And how far is it from Kiriakisville to Salem hospital that Maggie had enough time to be shocked by Summer, drink up and then get in the car and arrive at the same point of the road as Adrienne and Sarah, going the opposite direction again, even given the time it took for Adrienne to change her own tire since they were apparently in a no cell zone. I mean I did enjoy the episode quite a bit but that sort of stuff drives me crazy.

Thanks, Poirot.

This was a better episode than yesterday's.

I enjoyed the flashbacks scenes with Adrienne and Justin.

Too bad we couldn't have seen Haley with her mom on Mother's Day.

They did a good job with the cars after the accident.

Several questions. Does the Salem PD do an investigation of the accident or
does Will just confess? Was Maggie's car on the other side of the road? Why
didn't Xander notice the other cars along the side of the road? Was Maggie
actually driving or was it Summer? If it was Summer, did she run into the
car on purpose?

And the big question of the day, when did Brady shave? Today's show
started with Brady and Kristen, where they left off on Friday. On Friday, Brady
had whiskers. Today he didn't.

I laughed when Brady and Kristen talked about Marlena's shoes. Kristen
said the look on Marlena's face.

Line of the day does to Haley when she told JJ she told him she couldn't
find the Mother's Day card that said "to my mother who I thought used to
be my sister"

And the big question of the day, when did Brady shave? Today's show started with Brady and Kristen, where they left off on Friday. On Friday, Brady
had whiskers. Today he didn't.
katmouse, that reminds me of a scene, many years ago, where Laura Horton (married to Mickey at the time) was sitting at her husband's bedside following his heart attack. Her head was slightly bowed. She had long hair at the time. Friday's show had her sitting and worrying with her head in her hands. On Monday, she was sitting the same way except she had a short haircut.

what is odd...Xander came across Maggie in the car first....and did not see the other cars...Will never saw Maggie's car....Something is off....Maggie was whisked awy along with her car befor the ambulance arrived..And Will called them immediately....before Xander ever saw Maggie and called Victor.

The time factors on the show today are not making any sense.

Maggie was driving towards the Kiriakis mansion instead of away if she was the car with the headlights shining in Adrienne's car. I don't think she was actually drinking. She had called Brady for help and when he didn't answer she might have left the house to go to town to get some help and just took the bottle of booze with her. Maybe she wasn't far behind the others since they had to stop to change the tire and the person that ran them off the road might have agitated Maggie as well and pushed her off. When Xander came upon her she was dazed and confused from the accident.

I also don't think Will caused the wreck because it looked like headlights were in Adrienne's face while it seemed Will was in the dark until the very last second. Yes, he should not have been distracted by his phone, but judging how dark it was in Salem in May when it gets dark later in the evening, it was already well past midnight in Europe so Will should have waited to drive home and then contacted Sami and dealt with her wrath.

I also think Summer might have been the cause for the wreck. She was drinking at the K-Mansion before she left and said it had been a half hour since she last drank, which meant she was already drunk when she got there. She left before Maggie, so she would have been not far behind Adrienne and Sarah, and probably passed them while Adrienne was changing the tire. For some reason, she might have turned around and was going back when she had a head on collision with Adrienne and Sarah (and possibly Maggie as well), and left the scene before Will could see her.

I found the information that the OB was delivering another baby that night in the hospital interesting. What are the odds that baby was also a girl and might be the baby that died?

Back