Days of Our Lives - Wed., Jan. 22, 2020

Yes, in May, it does not get dark til around 8-8:30 (it is only a month from then to longest day of the year in June). But it figures that Salem is much different that the surrounding area, since it's citizens are able to dress as if it is NOT WINTER in December, January, etc. Heck, they don't have snow, nor winter boots to keep feet warm, go barelegged, spike heels, strapless, etc. Leaves stay on the trees all year round, flowers bloom. Fantastic town. So, I'll be charitable, and say it was so dark as was about to rain!

It seems like everyone involved here should have been going in the same direction. I think it's safe to assume that the Salem PD doesn't have anyone that can figure out an accident when they can't even figure out that their leader is a fake and one detective can't even figure out how to take a phone out of a woman's hand and arrest her.

Plus if Will was going back home it seems like he would know if another car was in front of him even while texting. And that he was swerving to avoid the accident that already happened. Yet he seems to be blaming himself right away. Weird.

Last edited:
Will was heading TOWARDS Kmansion. Adrienne and Sarah away, towards hospital (which in past seemed to be across the street or something,) Xander coming FROM Kmansion, sees Maggie first.

O.K. Maggie did have the booze bottle in the car, but was she drunk, really? We do not know that, she was knocked out, dazed, confused, injured a bit, and NO seatbelt on her. (I did think that booze bottle was empty.)

Now, Maggie's car could have fishtailed, and been facing then in opposite direction.

Will did not seem to have any headlights in his windshield. But people swerving/veering off to avoid crashing into a vehicle is what has caused the damage and injuries as they landed in ditches. And yes, there absolutely HAS to be more to this story then what has been assumed by those involved.

Also, the baby switching....sorry, but doctor suddenly with another patient, adding another baby to the entire situation......yes it happens (& those of you who have prayed for baby Julian.....that is where the doctor was when he was being born (another patient) and problems were present..thus he had a stroke while being born).

But this is a soap, and there is a reason for everything, including Summer suddenly deciding to come visit the mom she saw just a couple times in her life. And not til she was an adult.

I'm guessing we'll find out that Maggie didn't actually drink and that they had just assumed that was the case. Why she brought the bottle with her I don't know. I guess the weird part is does Will just accept he did it? Since we know he didn't that seems odd. I realize we're in soap world but I feel like instead of figuring out the who done it we're trying to figure out other stuff.

Also I'm hoping that the way it's going leads us away from a baby switch. I noticed Xander said something like "Already?" when Sarah called. I'd love if they were just heading for Xander being the father and that's it. They are about the only two characters left that I like and I'd like to keep them together for a while.

O.K. Maggie did have the booze bottle in the car, but was she drunk, really? We do not know that, she was knocked out, dazed, confused, injured a bit, and NO seatbelt on her. (I did think that booze bottle was empty.)
I watched it again and Maggie is wearing a seatbelt. So we know she wasn't tossed over into the driver's seat. But someone could've put her into the driver's seat, fastened the seatbelt, and left the scene, like Summer. Or, Maggie could've been driving and went off the road by the oncoming driver, too.

With a police commissioner who has no interest in doing the job, actually doesn't know how, and evidently inept attorneys, no wonder Will is in prison.
That entire accident scene.........with no police at all, was truly weird.

Poirot, the accident scene was more than weird. No cops anywhere at any time. How could it ever be proven that it was who Will ran Adrienne's car off the road and not some other car? Why wouldn't the police when they finally investigated the accident scene not notice evidence that a third car had recently been driven off the road (tire tracks, beaten-down bushes, etc.)? There have been a lot of lows in Salem P.D. history, but its handling of this accident easily makes it into the top ten.

On other subjects:

The Adrienne-Justin flashbacks were nice, but would have had more impact if wasn't known that TPTB apparently dumped the actress who plays Adrienne because she was supposedly unavailable some of the time.

The Brady-Kristen scenes might have had some emotional impact if the audience didn't know that he's a clueless twit and she's a cruel, diabolical, homicidal psychopath. As it was, the repeatedly inflicting these two on the audience was wretched excess.

Dr. Baker....you got the Brady/Kristen stuff right on the mark!

As to Adrienne.......both Judi Evans & Wally Kurth (Adrienne & Justin) have had other jobs for years. And I mean years. Wally appears on GH, & also does his gigs with his band. Judi has the job with the funeral parlor. Both are notified in advance when they would be needed, and would arrange schedules accordingly. Also kept Days aware of anything that they would be unable to change. Killing Adrienne, whatever the reason, was stupid. Why not Summer, since they decided to bring her back for 5 minutes?

And of course, Dr. Rolf is gone, so no miracle serum for Adrienne.

As to that accident scene......what a asinine depiction. You know, I live in small town America and there is a faster, better response than in Salem. Also smarter cops, lawyers, and business owners. (We once had electric go off, and every single alarm in my house went off. Egads, no smoke, no gas, nothing! I called the cops, said not emergency but.........he could hear the alarms. Guess what? Next thing I know, fire truck, ambulance, two squad cars and 2 EMT vehicles are in front of my house. I have had auto accident on major hwy. Same thing. But there in Salem not a cop in sight, at all, ever! Shame on them.

The Adrienne-Justin flashbacks were nice, but would have had more impact if wasn't known that TPTB apparently dumped the actress who plays Adrienne because she was supposedly unavailable some of the time.
In Soap Opera Digest, Judi Evans (Adrienne) admitted she was blindsided by the news of Adrienne's death. She heard rumblings around the set, then some crew members told her. Management didn't even tell her first. She had to corner a producer, who was on the set, for confirmation.
It’s pretty devastating,” Evans said. “I can’t lie. You don’t know what to think … It’s like a part of your life, a big part, is gone.
She also noted the whole thing "sent a cold shiver down her spine".

What a terrible way to treat someone who has been on the show for so many years! I'm not liking any of this jump-ahead and flashback that they've constructed.

I guess this means that Bonnie won't be coming back either. That part, I don't mind, but I still feel bad for the actress.

At one point since the time jump Maggie did make mention of having had a fall off the wagon few months earlier but was now fine. Maybe Vic and Xander convinced her she was drunk?

Back