Days of Our Lives - Wed. July 29,2009

Rafe knew quite a bit about Sami and her involvement with EJ, which they talked about in WPP, and I think he already knows about the "elephant in the room" from back then.

The thing about having those talks happen offscreen is that it can be interpreted either way. We don't really know whether Rafe knows about Johnny's conception or not. We can choose to assume that he does know or assume that he doesn't know.

I understand the temptation for TPTB to leave such things open to the imagination because it gives them more flexibility down the road. However, the trade off is that it diminishes from the current story they are trying to build. I find it very difficult to invest in characters and/or stories that I constantly have to guess about. I could buy in to a "connection" between Sami & Rafe much more easily if these type of "bonding" scenes had played out on camera.

the conception of Johnny cannot be a secret in Salem. I mean, wouldn't it be an obvious question for some one so intimate.. how the heck did you have 2 men's babies at the same time??!!

Also, did Philip or Kate mention to Lucas that the affair was before Lucas and Chloe got married? don't think it will hurt Lucas any less.. especially that they were already committed. but .. wondering if Kate mentioned that part.

I love that Victor is supporting Dr. Dan. But.. shows his true colors when he didn't care what happens to Chloe... I still think his hatred for Chloe is not .. well deserved.

Just sitting here thinking.....

Wonder if Chloe, although in a coma, is hearing, and will remember, all of the vile things Kate is whispering to her? So that when she comes out of the coma, she will tell all. Seems I heard that it happens sometimes. Do we know if she will come out of the coma? Or, is her contract ending too??? Where is the scarf?

I've been on vacation and away from the computer for several weeks. I spent all last evening reading your marvelous recaps, Poirot. I must say, I am so glad I found this site and am so grateful for your dedication. I appreciate all of the time and effort that goes into this major commitment and look forward to reading the clarifications and postings of the regular, long-time viewers.

Thank you, Barb.

Oh my, can't wait to see Victor. How can Kate ever think she can win against him??? She's going to pay big time for dragging Daniel into this.

ITA, Daniel finally got use of the Salem brain. Looks like he's sharing small parts of it with Bo and Hope, too.

Victor doesn't care about Chloe because of two things....first...she tossed Philip aside for Brady.....but o.k. Philip then went after Belle who was committed to Shawn.
But then.....I think Victor blames Chloe for Brady's slide into drug addiction. I seem to remember it was HER friends who got him into it to begin with.......and when she came back to Salem, she never mentioned a word about it. And Vic already knew.

LOL, I don't care about Chloe, either. But Kate is messing with Daniel now. If Victor had thought of getting rid of Chloe and framing Daniel as collateral damage, he'd be all for it. He doesn't care who gets hurt when it benefits him.

He certainly has an affinity for Daniel, who is his godson. So.....wonder if Victor made a promise to a dying friend to always watch out for him? Or is that Daniel has saved the lives of two of Bo's sons, his grandaughter, and the mother of his son????

Wonder if Chloe, although in a coma, is hearing, and will remember, all of the vile things Kate is whispering to her? So that when she comes out of the coma, she will tell all. Seems I heard that it happens sometimes. Do we know if she will come out of the coma? Or, is her contract ending too??? Where is the scarf?

I've been on vacation and away from the computer for several weeks. I spent all last evening reading your marvelous recaps, Poirot. I must say, I am so glad I found this site and am so grateful for your dedication. I appreciate all of the time and effort that goes into this major commitment and look forward to reading the clarifications and postings of the regular, long-time viewers.

It is possible Kate's attempts at encouraging Chloe to just give up and die may backfire on her. If Chloe can hear her, it may just give her the motivation she needs to fight and get well, so she can expose Kate! Also, along those lines, I keep wondering if Chloe can hear Lexie and Bo/Hope and all, who stand right there in the room with her, talking about how she may not make it and all kinds of stuff that would not be helpful for Chloe to hear.

Thanks for the summary.

Kate and Maggie have known about the affair for how long now, more than 6 months at the least and had plenty of opportunities to tell Lucas when he started remembering things and asked them point blank to tell him what they were hiding. Now, Kate tells Philip and immediately puts it on him to have to be the one to tell Lucas. How unfair to both of her sons. Why should Philip have to be the one to break that news to Lucas, and does she really think it is a good idea for Lucas to hear about it from the younger brother who has had a previous romantic connection to Chloe himself.

Lucas did know about the affair but lost his memory in the explosion. So he has to remember it all over again. He'll probably act like his mother. He usually does.

Chloe can most likely hear everything that is being said in the room. It is a know fact that the last thing to leave and the first to come back is hearing. Many times people in a coma wake up and can tell everyone what was said. That is why we tell family members to talk to their loved ones. There is a good chance that the person will hear them and it will help them fight to come out of the coma.

Lucas did know about the affair but lost his memory in the explosion. So he has to remember it all over again. He'll probably act like his mother. He usually does.

I'm aware that Lucas knew about the affair and then lost his memory but that was 6 months ago. There were plenty of opportunities to tell him again, esp. when he started remembering and asked point blank what people were keeping from him. I don't think I understand the rest of your post. I don't see where Lucas is doing anything like Kate and not sure what past events would constitute him like Kate is either.

i would like to see Victor and/or Daniel ask Kate why do this to Chloe, for being with Daniel, when she herself slept with Daniel while he and Chelsea were together.
She doesn't want it done to her son, but it's okay for her to. So very Kate!
If only Chelsea could have cooked... heehee

In reply to Rioks re Lucas not doing anything like Kate or being like her. I remember when he helped poison Sami to make her think Will was in trouble and she fell off cliff in Italy. Lucas was a very willing participant in that. Also, when he killed Franco, he did what "Mommy Kate" wanted and helped frame Sami. So, really he's just as bad as his mother, just not as original and devious. I'm rather glad Sami isn't with him anymore.

In reply to Rioks re Lucas not doing anything like Kate or being like her. I remember when he helped poison Sami to make her think Will was in trouble and she fell off cliff in Italy. Lucas was a very willing participant in that. Also, when he killed Franco, he did what "Mommy Kate" wanted and helped frame Sami. So, really he's just as bad as his mother, just not as original and devious. I'm rather glad Sami isn't with him anymore.

According to both Kate & Victor, Lucas was not nearly the willing participant and sabotaged their efforts more than helped. Lucas & Sami both did terrible things to each other back then, but my original post was about Kate deceiving Lucas for months and then trying to put it on Philip to tell him about the affair. So I just couldn't follow the leap from that over to "Lucas is a bad guy, look what he did 10 years ago." Thanks for drawing the line.

I just watched today's show and boy, did I ever enjoy it! When Kate said to Philip, maybe Daniel is sick in a way that we don't understand, it was priceless to watch Victor's expression! I laughed and replayed it a couple of times. Then when Sami was telling Rafe about some of the bizarre things she's done in the past, his expressions were great as well. I also replayed that a couple of times, just to watch his expressions. I also enjoyed Philip in the scenes with Kate and Victor. And of course, I was so glad to see Lucas!

I just watched today's show and boy, did I ever enjoy it! When Kate said to Philip, maybe Daniel is sick in a way that we don't understand, it was priceless to watch Victor's expression! I laughed and replayed it a couple of times. Then when Sami was telling Rafe about some of the bizarre things she's done in the past, his expressions were great as well. I also replayed that a couple of times, just to watch his expressions. I also enjoyed Philip in the scenes with Kate and Victor. And of course, I was so glad to see Lucas!

Maybe those expressions that Rafe was giving were actually the expressions of the actor himself. I mean if he never watched Days & didnt know the history, he might be thinking...what kinda soap opera am I in. :rotfl:
However he came from Passions, so Sami's shananigans cant be too far fetched!
Wouldnt you love to see the out takes from that scene? :)

Loved Victor once again today. He is so enjoying watching Kate squirm. I liked how Philip was being supportive of Lucas, until of course Kate enlisted him to spill the beans to Lucas. What I hate is that everyone is acting like Lucas is the only one who knows/cares about Chloe. Philip has a connection to her too. He barely looked at her when he was in her hospital room. Lucas was great when he said to Chloe that "this isn't how the story ends." Very sweet.

I don't like the way Abe was speaking to Bo. They are back in their old roles as Chief of Police and Detective, rather than Mayor and Commissioner. Getting back to yesterday's show for a second, it still doesn't make sense that Bo would call Victor asking if he knows a good criminal lawyer. Bo has been in law enforcement for 20+ years. It's very likely that he would know half the criminal attorneys in Salem, maybe more.

I loved when Sami was telling Rafe the story of her life. It sounds so unbelievable when they say it out loud.

Funny how Daniel looked just right in his prison garb. He looked like a convict.

Thanks for the summary, Poirot!

Kpatch to your comment about the criminal lawyer I think this was just Bo's way of letting Victor know what was going on.

Back