Days of Our Lives - Wed. July 29,2009

Kpatch to your comment about the criminal lawyer I think this was just Bo's way of letting Victor know what was going on.

I'm sure you're right, joy. I tend to take things very literally.

Bo, I think, is bothered that Daniel is spilling all, and dosn't have a lawyer. He has not said he doesn't care. or doesn't want one, but Bo feels Daniel is innocent, and is not protecting himself.

Loved Victor once again today. He is so enjoying watching Kate squirm. I liked how Philip was being supportive of Lucas, until of course Kate enlisted him to spill the beans to Lucas. What I hate is that everyone is acting like Lucas is the only one who knows/cares about Chloe. Philip has a connection to her too. He barely looked at her when he was in her hospital room. Lucas was great when he said to Chloe that "this isn't how the story ends." Very sweet.

I'm often disappointed by the way this show handles family relations but one of the relationships that they still seem to get right (most of the time) is the one between Philip & Lucas. I really enjoyed those scenes as well. I still think Kate put Philip in a bad spot, but after watching it play out, it was probably better for Lucas that Philip was there, esp. since Kate was so cold in the way she told him.

I agree about Philip & Chloe. It is very frustrating that the writers act like the only people who could possible care about one another are the ones who are currently in a romantic relationship. Philip & Chloe have a long history that shouldn't just be ignored. It would make the storyline a lot stronger if they showed all of the people affected by Chloe's illness. Philip is Kate's son also. The writers have such an opportunity here to show how much Kate is hurting both of her sons by hurting Chloe.

On a side note, today (July 29th) is Lucas' birthday. Since the writers can't remember important things like who else cares about Chloe, I certainly don't expect them to remember that little fact, but I couldn't help thinking that as I watched those scenes. The day that Lucas comes to find his wife in a coma and learn that she cheated on him just has to be on his birthday - such is Lucas' life. Today is also Bryan Dattilo's birthday (Lucas was given Bryan's real birthday).

You know, that is life, tho. Those closest to you somehow forget..........I hope we see Kate remorsefully remembering.......but alas, doubt if TPTB cares at all.

I wonder if anyone will let Lucas know the affair was before they were married. This does make a little bit of a difference at least to me.

I don't think it will make a difference at least to Lucas. The reason is that the affair is brought up when she is near death and has been left in a dark for this long.

If it were me, it would not be that bad. If my wife had an affair before I was married, then I would not be that mad, if at all. If she had the affair while, married, then I would divorce her and move on.

I think it will make a difference to Lucas that she was crabbing both Daniel and Lucas during the same time period while she was engaged to Lucas. To me, that's cheating.

Back