Days of Our Lives - Wed., July 5, 2017

Kayla has said a few times that Tripp is a fast learner, asks lots of questions, (and I bet has been reading some books as well). Kayla explained everything to him as they went along, so just the fact he knew the difference between those two like sounding meds is an eye opener. As someone else has said, dust that tablet for fingerprints.

And really.......do hospitals/doctors now put all the files on a tablet? Really?

I'm pretty sure HIPAA laws don't even exist in Salem.
Salem seems to be a rare example of a municipality whose laws preempt both state and federal statutes and regulations. How else could the following be explained: Hope serving almost no time for what was deemed "attempted murder," the rapidity of the Chad-Abigail divorce, the lack of a need for marriage licenses, the utter lack of standards at University Hospital, etc.?

As for Little Trippy trailing Kayla around for a few weeks being the equivalent of four years of medical school, this would be a fine alternative to Salem University's quickie medical degree. After all, why spend boring hours in class or a lab when a medical degree can be had without enduring the annoyance of studying or taking tests? In no time, the viewers could be treated to Dr. Narita and/or Dr. Rory. (E.g., Dr. Rory: "Smoke two joints and call me in the morning.")

Thanks for the summary. Wow, what a boring show. The meeting at the hospital was a major letdown. Hate seeing Kayla treated this way. I'm also sick and tired of Claire. And the Rafe proposal was beyond ridiculous. Hope & Rafe are an awful couple that I really hope the new writing team can rectify by breaking up.

I just got to watch this show and have some thoughts or wishful thinking, lol. Steve promised to investigate what happened at the hospital concerning Kayla. Maybe Steve will find out Tripp was behind everything (for the wrong reasons) and cover for Tripp like he did for Joey. Tripp can then find out about Steve covering for Joey and finally understand.

Just an aside, Tripp could already be a doctor, went to med school or pre-med. I don't remember Tripp saying what his degree is in, but he seems to know medications quite well, eh?

I thought the same thing about how well Tripp knew the meds. I like your idea for Tripp to learn a lesson by Steve finding out the truth and covering for him, but I suspect such a thought is too deep for the writers.

So, I'm late to the party. Because I haven't watched the show in its entirety... well, for ages now, really. However, I do read the summaries, and the comments. And I appreciate everyone's point of view, even if I don't always agree.

So after reading everything (or pretty much), I decided to watch parts of the show. And again, I may be alone on this, but I found Rafe trying to get everyone's blessing kind of cute. It was thoughtful, a nice touch, a way to honour Bo's memory and the super couple that used to be he and Hope.

Now, do I appreciate the tent and everything ? No... It's not entertaining. But so are so many other things on this show right now.

All this to say, alas, I feel no matter what Hope and Rafe do, people are going to find fault with it, because they are not popular, apparently. And I'm disappointed in that. The both of them started out as great friends and slowly grew into lovers. Now they are going to get married (or so I hope), so good for them. And frankly, after a raving lunatic like Sami, Rafe deserves to be happy with Hope. Though she is not perfect, she is far from the horrible mess of a person Sami was. And probably still is.

Yes and no. It's probably in a network system operated through a tablet, or desktop, or laptop. My "Health System" uses laptops that are convertible to tablets. We enter orders on it.

Yes, that is how the medical center I worked at before did their system. It is a network that can be accessed from any computer in the hospital IF you have an ID and password to log into it. As I worked in a hospital library, I could log into the main network with a user ID and password in order to do my work, but I did not have the ID and password required to log into the system with patient information as I did not work with patients or medical records.

However, many people who came in the library used the terminals set up there to use their ID to log in. And, as I mentioned the other day, there was an oversight on the records accessed and the time of day they were accessed. If Salem University was operated like most hospitals, Tripp logging in with Kayla's ID would note the time and the record accessed.

As Kayla was often away at the time Tripp was logging in, any competent hospital would be able to figure out that her username and password were being hacked to illegally log in.

@DrBakerFan, regarding degrees, etc., I think I read that Wisconsin does not require graduates of their law schools to take the bar exam. And that it was possible in California to become an attorney by being the understudy of an individual attorney, and passing the bar exam. There are sort-of back-door ways into the medical profession, too. The Grenada med school, followed by some additional training in the US is one example.

Belated comments: Wardrobe was very kind to Claire, today. She looked nice.

Theo explained to Roman that he needed a job so that he could move out of the loft. Was thinking that there are probably a few vacant rooms above the Brady Pub. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The Grenada med school, followed by some additional training in the US is one example.
This is incorrect. My friends' son attended medical school in Grenada and still had to do x-amount of years at a US medical school and graduate from there. There was no "back door" way of him becoming a doctor, he had to do the same as any other United States doctor.

Interesting. Did he have any trouble getting admitted to a US medical school for further training? We seem to have a doctor shortage; many put in long hours, and could use more time to spend with their families.

@DrBakerFan, regarding degrees, etc., I think I read that Wisconsin does not require graduates of their law schools to take the bar exam. And that it was possible in California to become an attorney by being the understudy of an individual attorney, and passing the bar exam.
Wisconsin statute only allows graduates of Marquette Law School, and Univ. of Wis. law school to not have to pass bar exam, as long as school certifies them, and they also are certified to have the fitness & character to be practicing. Any other Wisconsin law school graduate as to take the bar exam.

Out of state atty's have to have practiced for 3 years before applying/being allowed to take the exam.

P.S. A few years ago, learned that a relative (never met) flunked it 3 times, gave up

Back