Days of Our Lives, Wed., July 9, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Days really has been showing a sense of humor of late, and today is no exception. But there also is still dragging in some areas. Jordan & Ben are at ClubTBD, rehashing once again how they can put their old lives behind them now, things are looking up, etc. She teases him a bit about Abby, but he is not too sure he wants to get really serious with Abby. Any girl he gets serious about would have to someone he could trust, like Jordan trusts Rafe.
Later, Jordan is in the park, has gotten a text from Rafe who had to go out of town. She bemoans the fact that this is another day's delay before she can fill him in. Along comes Kate, shoving a few pins in, wanting to know if Jordan & Rafe are still on track, etc. Jordan assures her they are, Kate flashes to her romp in bed with Rafe, Jordan leaves, Kate mutters that they won't be on track for long.

Meanwhile, Clyde is snooping around Jordan's apartment, looks at a framed pic of Jordan & Ben, says something about finding them at last, and not ever losing sight again. He begins searching thru Jordan's drawers, finds her locked box, picks the lock, finds her fake IDs, laughs at "so this is what you have been up to, and how you have been hiding."

Eve shows up at Daniel's door, blathering away, apologizing, ignoring Daniel's comments that this is inappropriate. She t ells her tale of looking in on half-sis Theresa, having a conversation where Daniel's name came up, and under the circumstances, she thinks she should have a different doc. Daniel is fine, will send her files to Dr. Chung. And now Eve is going out the door, but since he is no longer her doc, maybe they can have that drink. Dan is rather taken aback, stumbles about the relationship he just ended, doesn't say yes, or no.

JJ is about to leave the house, community service, his mom stops him, wants to talk about Paige, & her mom. She more or less tells JJ she doesn't want the parents to cause any problems between Paige & JJ. He leaves, meets up with Paige in the square. They talk a bit about this all, with Paige mentioning how her mom seems to hook up at times with the wrong guys, but wants Paige to have this perfect life, be this perfect person. JJ gets it, her mome is never going to approve of him. Paige thinks all is o.k. between them, they will talk about this later. His boss is looking, she doesn't want him to get in trouble.

At the jail, EJ is trying to get Abigail to be discreet and not say anything about him to anyone. She is refusing, he says he doesn't mean their affair. Abby hotly denies it was an affair, it was just sex, lust. Now she realizes he is worried about her knowing he hired that hit man. She finally agrees she won't say anything, she would not want anyone to even guess at their past relationship, she'd be too embarrassed. Before she leaves, she tells EJ that he could have done so well with his life. He has the brains, has the drive, but instead, he became what he is now.
She returns to the club, apologizing to Ben for running out like she did. It was rude of her, and she did not mean to be.
Aiden arrives at Jen's, has some thoughts about that agreement that Eve has, and the suit. But Jen just wants it all to go away. She tells him about her son, and Eve's daughter being so close, and she doesn't want anything to ruin that for them. She talks of trying to do what Jack would want, and how he would think this is all funny. She has decided that to make the suit go away, Eve can have the half, the veterans will still get a lot of money. Eve arrives, Aiden departs, Jennifer tells Eve she wants to talk, to settle this, and so, Eve can have her agreement. Eve is overjoyed, Jennifer mentions that it will exactly as noted, that all the royalties and proceeds will be split 50/50. Eve say, no, afraid that is not going to be satisfactory.

Over to the farce of a board meeting, where the members have nominated and seconded Sami as CEO of DiMera Enterprises. Kate is busy texting on her phone, Mr. Shin is not pleased, especially since Sami now seems to be reading something on hers. (Kate sent Sami a message....to remember she needs Kate's votes). Sami now smiles, and says before they vote, she has this letter from her husband to be read at the meeting, and tries handing it to Mr. Shin to read..but Kate insists Sami read it.
And there is EJ's letter to the Board, praising his wife to high heavens, calling her beautiful, intelligents, and honestly, all the gushing adjectives had to be so embarrassing. The gist of it all was that EJ so loves his wife, who is also a mother, and just hates sharing her, having her gone so much, so is nominating Kate as co-chairman with his wife. Cheshire cat grins from Kate. Ah, she got her knife shot in. LOL
And of course the board votes the ladies in, and when the last man leaves, Sami congratulates Kate on a well-played hand. Kate says something about Stefano, and mentions they have 6 months to do whatever their plan is. She holds out her hand. Partners? Sami grabs it and shakes it. Partners! Both smile.

Sami shows up at the jail, EJ is all eager to hear how the board meeting went. Very well, says Sami. Ej is all ears, knew she would shine. Oh, she will get the chance now to shine even more, she is the new CEO. EJ's jaw drops. What are you saying. She corrects herself, to co-chair with Kate. She brought along the minutes, so he could read it all for himself. EJ is stunned, what is this, you were only supposed to vote the shares, as he pages thru the minutes. What have you done. (another knife in the back, lol)
Sami grins....what have I done? Let's see. I only did to you what YOU did to Abigail Deveraux. You SOB.

I was right as I stated in an earlier thread that the letter Kate gave to Sami was to make them co-CEOs. Loved the look on EJ's face when he learned the truth of the coup.

Dr. Jonas please wake up and see that Eve is after you. The good doctor doesn't need to be hooked up with bad people.

This was a bidirectional episode. Half going into the "Best in Days History" column, and half going into the "OMG I wish I were getting a root canal" column.

Amazing: EJ/Abby, Sami/Kate, the supposed cat Arthur, and of course Sami/EJ at the end... :fan:
Root Canal: Ben, Jordan, Paige, JJ, Eve, Daniel, Jennifer, Marybeth, Daniel, Jennifer (yes, that bad), Clyde

I'm really disappointed in the way Eve is being written. But I'm not surprised. I was hoping the lawsuit would end quickly and we could all move on. What a fool I was.

Don't really care about Paige but she needs to cut the toxicity that is Marybeth out of her life. Yesterday. get out.gif

Still bored to tears by Ben & Abby. But I loved Abby sticking it to EJ in prison. And EJ is so dumb. Nobody on earth would have thought to question Abigail about any of EJ's transgressions, until the dolt asked her to come visit him in jail.

Interesting that today we got a flashback of Rafe, who didn't appear otherwise, and of Jeannie Theresa, who also didn't appear today, and Jennifer was holding Jack's picture. Pretty sad that they're writing for Jack now, two years after they killed him.

Overall not a bad episode and I'm glad I didn't fast forward, though I really wish the writing would be more consistent. give up.gif

Oops poor junior got a double whammy today, first by Abby when she stuck the knife in just the right place in his back and twisted it oh so gently, telling him he could have been a great man with a great mind but turned into this, and then Sami comes along and knees him in the gut by telling him that Kate and her are co-CEO's. She is only doing to him what he did to her with Abby, screwing Abby you SOB! Finally Sami saw the light! Not feeling the Eve, Daniel, Jennifer SL, just don't care. Don't care about Jordan, Ben and dear old dad. Kate, I hope she gets caught but she truly is a DiMera in spirit, she will get away with causing trouble for Rafe and Jordan.

EJ is so dumb. Nobody on earth would have thought to question Abigail about any of EJ's transgressions, until the dolt asked her to come visit him in jail.
Good point. EJ is such an all-around fool it's a wonder that Stefano didn't tell him to stick to racing cars. All Abigail could testify to is that EJ said he hired a thug to shoot Tricky Nicky. The only one who can corroborate her statements would be Sami, who herself is a co-conspirator. Speaking of dolts, another candidate for clueless wonder of the day is not so surprisingly, Ms. Priss. Even after being told that the Jack document is likely not worth the paper it's printed on, the sleeveless wonder was all ready to hand her archenemy, Eve, half of the money ticketed for the veterans. Why? -- because she was concerned about a teen-aged romance, which if it's like other high-school love affairs, could easily be over by Christmas. Also in the dolt category is the DiMera Enterprises board if they think the Kate-Sami arrangement will work. The company is now a two-headed snake whose two heads will be looking to sink their poisonous fangs into each other. Finally, Kate shouldn't get too smug over the DiMera company coup. In addition to Stefano's inevitable revenge, she'll also be facing the terrible wrath of Rafe when her role in the Clyde affair is revealed.

Ooohhhh...can't wait to see the big confrontation between EJ and Sami tomorrow! At the end when Sami said she did to him what he did to Abigail was priceless! EJ looked like he had just dropped a load. :rotfl:The rest of the show was dull. I love how Eve is forthcoming about being Theresa's half sister but doesn't tell Daniel that she has a history with Jennifer. I think he will find that along with her current agenda with Jennifer interesting to say the least.

OC, they didn't play Eve's music today

I was surprised Eve told Daniel the truth about Theresa so
soon. Then Daniel said all these nice things about her with
Maxine. Daniel will be changing his tune when he knows
Eve hasn't been truthful about everything. The part about Jennifer
and Jack's book.

I wonder what else Eve wants if 50/50 isn't enough with Jack's book.

I laughed when Sami read the letter EJ (actually Kate) wrote about Kate
being CEO. I think Kate went overboard with her adjectives about Sami.

Nice to hear Arthur. He should have scratched Clyde.

I hope Sami and EJ are on tomorrow. It's going to be fun to watch. Maybe we'll
find out when she knew the truth about EJ and Abby having an affair.

This was a bidirectional episode. Half going into the "Best in Days History" column, and half going into the "OMG I wish I were getting a root canal" column.
Amazing: EJ/Abby, Sami/Kate, the supposed cat Arthur, and of course Sami/EJ at the end... :fan:
Root Canal: Ben, Jordan, Paige, JJ, Eve, Daniel, Jennifer, Marybeth, Daniel, Jennifer (yes, that bad), Clyde

I'm really disappointed in the way Eve is being written. But I'm not surprised. I was hoping the lawsuit would end quickly and we could all move on. What a fool I was.

Don't really care about Paige but she needs to cut the toxicity that is Marybeth out of her life. Yesterday.

Still bored to tears by Ben & Abby. But I loved Abby sticking it to EJ in prison. And EJ is so dumb. Nobody on earth would have thought to question Abigail about any of EJ's transgressions, until the dolt asked her to come visit him in jail.

Pretty much my sentiments exactly. I don't understand why Marybeth gets all this airtime and John doesn't. There is no need for her character. Salem has enough annoying women.

I could also do without Eve at this point and this is only 2 weeks after she aired. Oy!

EJ was hurt by what Abby said to him. :)

I still think Sami is acting a bit over the top. I get that she is a woman scorned and that is driving her actions but it's just an insult that she would get so mad about EJ cheating before marriage and not care about any of his other transgressions. I really hope they come out tomorrow. I did like her color block dress though.

Kate's flashback of Rafe shows that she still has a thing for him. :sick:

I still think Sami is acting a bit over the top. I get that she is a woman scorned and that is driving her actions but it's just an insult that she would get so mad about EJ cheating before marriage and not care about any of his other transgressions. I really hope they come out tomorrow. I did like her color block dress though.
I agree - but at the same time, whether we like it or not, Sami forgave EJ for all that stuff, and he her; these are new transgressions after they thought they were "good." I feel their fates are sealed. It's one thing to be betrayed by your enemy; it's another to be betrayed by your changed smoochy-moochy.

I loved the scene between Abby and EJ today. Too bad they didn't pair these two up earlier. I got to thinking that EJ was stupid in having Abby come to the jail as in most cases there would be a log of people coming and going and visiting the prisoners now the SPD would wonder why Abby had been to visit him....oh wait this is the SPD, they are so inept that they probably don't know who is coming and going in their own jail! Then Sami giving him the news of her and Kate being co CEO's was also great. The rest of the show I could have done without especially Dr. Smooth-operator and Eve...ugh:sick:

I thought Daniel's reaction when Eve came waltzing into his apartment was hysterical. I enjoyed all of Eve's scenes, although I thought her very quickly trying to ask Daniel out right after ending their doctor patient relationship was incredibly obvious, and the similarity of her behavior to Theresa's last year should tip Daniel off. I also thought it was funny when Eve started looking hungrily at Aiden 30 seconds after leaving Daniel's. Why in the world would Jen try to settle the lawsuit without both their attorneys present? Anyway, I wonder whether Eve's new settlement terms involve Jen keeping JJ away from Paige.

Nicole should have hung around the jail instead of going off to have a staring contest with Caroline at the end of yesterday's episode. She would have got a HUGE scoop if she had seen Abby and Sami's interactions with EJ today. She might have even forgotten her anger at Jen and jumped at the chance to team up with Abby to take EJ down a peg or two.

Marybeth is the most ridiculous "friend" I've ever seen. I think her plan was to comfort Paige about breaking up with JJ and then throw in some comments about how JJ was worthless anyway, get Paige to agree with her and restore their friendship to what it was before JJ entered the scene. Except Paige is stronger than most of the adults in Salem and actually stands by the person she claims to be in love with even with a so-called best friend babbling away about why said relationship isn't going to work out.

Those board members at Dimera Enterprises must have gotten their positions by virtue of being extreme yes men. Why nobody asked to see those letters to make sure Kate and Sami were reading what was actually on the page and that the signatures were genuine is beyond me. Why they didn't catch that Sami and Kate were texting each other is also beyond me.

Loved the last scene with Sami and EJ in the jail :clap:

I've been to many jails/prisons to visit a loved one who is incarcerated. We are always very careful of the words we choose to communicate, so nothing is construed the wrong way. In most settings, if you are using a phone, everything is recorded. If you are around other inmates, even the wrong look can be problematic. I want my nephew to be safe. EJ/Abby, EJ/Rafe, EJ/Nicole and Ej/Sami should all have been recorded on security cameras. There should have been a guard nearby, too.

Back