Days of Our Lives - Wed., June 27, 2018

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives

Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Stefan really pushes Chad's buttons today, admire Chad's restraint for sure. Chad has come to DiMansion, telling Stefan Abigail is back in town, and to stay away from her. Says Gabby no longer exists, actually is integrated into Abby who remembers every horrible rotten thing you did to her. Stefan smirks, actually, he smirks a lot, as he starts needling Chad, telling him that Gabby is now a part of Abby, the part that loved him, maybe she will decide she wants Stefan, not Chad. He talks of Chad being CEO of Titan, claiming he will take down Stefan. Says he thought perhaps Chad came to mend fences, but Chad considers Abby & Thomas his family, not Stefan. Oh, Stefan talks of their father, Andre & Vivian all being dead now, they are all that's left, father's blood runs thru them both. Chad notes that he learned a lot from Stefano, while he was alive. Stefan retorts Chad rejected him. He still learned. Stefan just continues to push Chad's buttons about having bedded his wife, his wife chose to be with Stefan, and more garbage like that. Chad finally gets up to leave. Stefan calls him back, toasts with his drink..may the best brother win.

Gabi runs into Abigail, takes the opportunity to ream her out about testifying a lie that put Gabi in prison. Abby is sorry, tries to explain, offers sympathy and advice about Ari's now hatred of her mother, etc. Gabi is having none of it, is really angry, but evidently gets it all out, inquires about Abby's mental health, noting she sure got cured fast. Abby says she worked hard, is not cured, is still going to therapy every day, but is doing better. Gabi grabs the pkg. Abby is carrying, pulls out the pregnancy test, Abby confesses she thinks she is pregnant with Stefan's child. Gabi says it could be Chad's, Abby says they hardly were together, except that once when she learned how Andre died. They did make love that one time. Gabi says, well, one time with Chad, one time with the other guy. 50-50 chance. And, you might not even be pregnant. Time for you to take the test, I will go with you. Into the Pub they go.

Hope is having a fit because the sheriff called off the search for Ciara, Rafe explaining since they heard from Ciara, she is no longer missing. Hope paints all kinds of scenarios where Ciara could have been forced to make the call, Rafe calms her, they will find her, figure they will find all the places/businesses that use the kind of boot that that print. Rafe returns with a a huge list. As Hope peruses it, she spots Shady Hills. Rings a bell, that is where Ben Weston was. She calls Chad, asks if he dropped Ben anywhere near Rte. 17. Yes, he did. 17 & Silverton. (sp?) She hangs up, murmuring to herself, how it cannot be, what if Ben Weston has Ciara.

And in the cabin, Ben is chopping vegetables with a huge knife (carrots I think) while Ciara holds the one Ben gave her. He talks of her not wanting to go home yet, willing to stay there. Says he will take care of her, but she eventually will be well enough and have to decide what she wants to do. She says she has to do one more thing, calls Claire.

Claire is sitting with Tripp, having a minor pity party, wishes she was good like other people, yada, yada. She tells Tripp about Ciara calling Hope, so is o.k. Which makes him happy. Claire gets the call.....Ciara telling her to deliver a message to Eve & Brady. Claire tells of them working with Stefan now, but Ciara is bowing out of the Faces thing, never wanted it to begin with, won't be able to fulfill responsibilities. And Claire always wanted it, so if they say o.k. Fine. She says her minutes are running out, Tripp grabs the phone before Ciara can hang up, apologizes again, is sorry for what she walked in on, never would have happened had he known the whole story. Ciara asks how he knows, YOU told me. Yes, because Claire made me. And now Ciara goes on and on, Ben is listening, as she talks of being raped, not being able to tell Tripp when she was ready to do so.

She ends up hanging up on him. Ben asks if she is o.k., then could not help but overhear, now understands her. It isn't that she doesn't trust him, the serial killer. She doesn't trust anyone. He is sorry. She tells him he sounds like a shrink, well, he has been thru them a lot. She is crying, wishes she could be normal, have a boyfriend, go on dates, but instead, …...just wants to get on the bike, race away from all the troubles. But they are always there. Ben is kind, promises he will never hurt her, and now will go finish making dinner. His back is to her, she lays her knife down on the bed.

Gabi waits for Abby, who finally comes walking out of the ladies' room. So, what happened. What did the test say? It was positive, replies Abby. I AM pregnant.

:sad::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Baby storyline.
My reaction to this tired, stale, trite plot line is more like :sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

On other subjects:

Super Cabin: This place is truly remarkable. In addition to its other amenities it has a chef's knife and real cooking pots. It surprising that it doesn't also have a sparkling white apron and a chef's hat and shirt for Ben to wear (preferably with a "BW" monogram).

Ignorance is not bliss: Both Garbage O. McSlop and Gabi still seem relatively clueless about schizophrenia. They both need either a seminar with Marlena or a copy of Schizophrenia for Dummies.

Please make it stop: the Trippy-Claire-Ciara blather, pointless Chad-McSlime confrontations, and high-and-mighty Hope's frenzy over the "missing" Ciara.

Okay, I'm trying to remain a loyal fan, I truly am. But it's getting more and more difficult. Whether it's the writers or TPTB, I am really getting tired of: a) the same old, recycled stories, ie; who's the daddy, and, b) suspending reality, ie; Setting up housekeeping in a burned out cabin that still has electricity, running water, a clean bed and everything needed to prepare meals.

Stealing a vial of serum that was banned by the hospital and securing the kind of syringe needed to administer it. I mean, did Kayla just have them sitting out on her desk?

Coming back from the dead.

Committing crime after crime and never answering for it.

I could go on, but I'm sure most of you could easily add to the list. Thanks for letting me rant!

Gabi and Abby are not friends. Please make it stop.

Again, I am holding out hope for something original with this ridiculous rape-baby-who-da-daddy nonsense. But not only is this tired cliché unwelcome, it's downright insulting: Abby was gone (by her own admission Monday) for a month with Gramma Laura, and her rape was in April. She's just realizing her pregnancy now? I thought Salem pregnancies (like Lani's) were detectable in the first two weeks.

I don't want Chad to be a DiMera but if he must be, could he please dump that sleaze rapist impostor on an island somewhere?

Hope is ridiculous.

Ciara is ridiculous but now hopefully Claire and Tripp can go on in earnest. I do like Ciara with Ben.

Thanks, Poirot.

I'm glad Ciara is finally able to talk to someone about what happened with Chase.
Did Ben buy anything else besides carrots? I was wondering if he was making
soup or stew. And does the cabin have a regular stove to cook on?

I guess Ben bought the cheap burner phone. None of Salem's phone numbers
were in it like the phones other people buy in Salem. Ciara had to call Claire
to contact Brady/Eve.

Nice to see Vivian's picture above the fireplace at the mansion.

So there is a 50/50 chance the baby is Chad's not Stefan's. I wonder how the
writers decided who the daddy is going to be? Did they flip a coin? :)

When is the last time someone had a planned pregnancy on Days? When was the last time someone was confident their spouse/significant other was the father? Does anyone have some pamphlets they could send the writers about protected sex? How about some pamphlets on what rape victims go through, especially when they become pregnant?

Heck, how about some relevant discussion about unprotected sex and HPV? Days must be the most fertile place in the world. How about showing people struggling with infertility? I don't mean like a Lifetime psycho movie. Hollywood thinks they are so smart and so current but they shove these ridiculous pregnancies down our throats time after time then we don't have core families with children.

Also every child does not have to turn evil and hate their parents. Just saying.

I really think Ciara is being overly dramatic about the state of her life. Being so upset that she had to tell Tripp about being raped. Doesn't she realize Claire wanted her to tell because she cares about her? At least she admitted she only entered the Face of Bella contest to spite Claire.

I gotta agree with Stefan, Gabby is a part of Abby. I can't see that as being a good thing. I really wish his face would heal already.

And Ben saying "you would never fall for someone like me" can only mean one thing. Could already see it coming though.

Just one comment. the cabin has electricity because Ben got gas for a generator. I'm not into one single story right now. I don't really care about most of the younger characters. Oh well, I guess I had my day!!!

Back