Days of Our Lives - Wed., June 5, 2013

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Replay of Tuesday ending scenes. Stefano orders Bernardi, the cop on his payroll, to "cut it off", referring to Rafe. Bernardi is hesitant, Stefano is insistant. He gives him the razor in the velvet box, telling him it is sharp, clean, and untraceable. Bernardi is reluctant, but agrees. Stefano will be awaiting his call.

Daniel is facing off with JJ, in silence. JJ asks if he has a problem, does he think JJ did something. Before daniel can answer, a knock at the door, there is Abby arriving for her babysitting gig. She senses she interrupted something, but JJ says he came to pay Daniel for the items he damaged, Daniel ageees, says thank you, JJ leaves. Daniel gives Abby a whole big list of phone numbers, instructions, doctors' numbers, etc. etc. Abby smiles. Daniel laughs, knows he is being overprotective, but missed so much time with Parker, hates being away, and worries. He leaves.

At the hospital, Sami is facing off with Kate over Rafe, as EJ listens in. (Why Kate does not see him thru that open door is beyond me).Sami is ridiculing Kate, claiming that what she & Rafe have is more than Kate ever will. Kate notes the "have", Sami says "o.k., had", what difference, is in the past. I'm with EJ. Kate again notes......."with EJ. so, you don't love him. Of course I love him, I am marrying him. They go back and forth, finally Kate leaves, obviously EJ has stepped away. An angry Sami pours herself some water, calms herself down. EJ comes in, noting she seems flustered. She brushes it aside, talks of Kate, usual run-in, etc. EJ makes a comment about Kate looking forward to Rafe coming out of his coma. Yeah, I suppose, says Sami. She wants to go see Arianna, EJ has to do a text, will be along in a minute. He sits, flashing back to Sami saying what & Rafe have is like nothing Kate has ever had or will have.

Gabi sits with Will, talking of Nick, when he knocks at the door. Nick comes in, thanks Will again for saving his life, says he did a lot of things to screw people up, and he is sorry, it won't happen again. Gabi wants to talk to Nick alone, they start to leave, but Maxine comes in with the corrected birth certificate, which both parents have to sign. Gabi does so, hands the clip board to Will as Nick watches. They leave.

EJ arrives at Will's room, Sami is holding Arianna, introduces him to her granddaughter, has him hold her. She leaves to go check on that birth certificate, EJ puts Arianna back in the bassinet, and agrees with Will about the baby being so beautiful, changing your life, etc. Sami, meanwhile is checking with Maxine to make sure this certificate get to the courthouse to get filed with no problems.
Just then Bernardi arrives, spots Sami, flashes back to her chasing after him in the Square, and jumping on his back. He looks at Rafe's door, but steps back so Sami doesn't see him.
Sami returns to Will's room, she & EJ take their leave, both have to return to work. He suggests she stay, but Sonny arrives, so Sami just kisses Will. EJ is already gone, she chases after him, they are at the elevator, get in, she remarks how quiet he is. The doors close.
Bernardi steps out, his phone vibrates. It is Stefano checking. Bernardi says he is about to take care of things now.

Chad & Sonny are chatting at the coffee house, Sonny has to leave for the hospital. Chad asks him to stay and watch this video of Sami he has. Some gal comes in, wanting a special latte', Chad asks for Sonny's phone, and copies the video to Sonny's phone. Sonny has left, Kate arrives. She wants chammomile tea, but notices Stefano sitting there, and starts to leave. Chad stops her, asking her to deliver Stefano's coffee to him. She refuses, he cajoles, she caves, taking the cup and saucer to Stefano. Snide remarks from Stefano, but Kate has come to offer an apology for accusing him of arranging for Rafe to be hurt. She knows better, that Stefano would not do something like that, when there is no reason. The fling was long over, and besides, he has Cecily, has moved on himself. He agrees, he has moved on, suggests she do the same. She takes the hint and leaves, gladly. He calls Bernardi to check.

Over at the Horton house, Adrienne arrives, she heard JJ was back in town. Oh, yes, but not here. Jen confides she is glad he is home, but not too sure he is, and that he was kicked out of school. She thinks he misses his dad really bad. Adrienne comments they all do, then gives her some comforting advice about raising her boy.

Sonny visits with Will, admiring Arianna, Adrienne arrives. She oohs, and ahhhhs. She can see Sonny is so happy. He is. She warns this is all going to be tough, he knows it, but he loves Will, loves the baby already, and they will handle whatever is tough together.
Gabi sits with Nick, wondering why he never told her anything, Nick is sorry about everything. She asks if he married her only because he thought he might be gay, after what happened in prison. No, he knows he is not, neither was Jensen. She realizes it was all about power and violence. Now she tells Nick that she & Arianna will be leaving the hospital tomorrow, and will not be able to go home with him. Nick nods, understands.

JJ meets up with Rory, complains about having no money, had to give Dr. Jonas money to pay for the toys he damaged. Rory figures it is lucky they already bought their stash, has no money to lend JJ for the tickets to the Will Smith movie they want to see. Sorry. JJ gets an idea, and shows up at Daniel's apt, wanting to borrow $20 from Abby. He gives her the sob story about paying Daniel, she finally agrees, but only if he watches parker for a few minutes while she uses Daniel's computer. He agrees. Abby takes off for a back room, wherever the computer is. JJ grabs what I guess is an MP3 player, puts the ear phones in, and closes his eyes. Behind him Parker has come in the room, with his little wooden plane (one of those lite weight ones you put together yourself. He is playing, manages to sail it atop a bookcase. He wander round, and behind JJ, says "plane". JJ doesn't hear him of course, is oblivious, listening to the music, tapping his fingers on the table. Parker starts dragging a rather high seated chair (stool??) over to the bookcase.

Daniel is at Jen's. She has something important to tell him, she cannot stay with him tonight. She cites JJ having problems adjusting to being home, and she wants him to get to know Daniel better and get used to him. Daniel says o.k., then realizes that before they can go out to dinner at the new restaurant where he made reservations, he needs to go back home and get his wallet. Will be right back.

Parker has climbed up on the chair, but is unable to reach the plane, which had landed toward the back of the top of the bookcase. He is reaching, seems to want to brace his foot against the back of the chair, to get leverage. Dan is outside the door, comes in, sees JJ, his back is to him, JJ doesn't even hear him. Dan then spots Parker, rushes over, grabs him, yelling Parker, I've got you, it's o.k. Abby comes rushing out, Daniel gives Parker to her, telling her to take him to his room. He strides up to JJ, who now turns partially around, sees Dan, stands up, pulls the earbuds out, asks "what's up". A very angry Daniel pulls the MP3 player out of JJ's hands, tossing it and the earbuds aside. He grabs JJ by the shirtfront, pulling him up close, "don't you ever put my child in danger".

Bernardi stands in Rafe's room, looking at him. He pulls out the razor, opens it.

Jen thinks JJ misses his dad. No Jen, he's glad his dad took a dumpster dive down an elevator shaft. How funny is it that Chad refers to Sami as psycho Sami. I know I laughed remembering her chasing Bernardi around the square. And Daniel gets upset with JJ because Parker is about to imitate superman? Um, why is he grabbing and accusing JJ instead of asking the person who he left Parker with why SHE wasn't watching Parker?

And boohoohoo for EJ. Sami was Rafe's unofficial date to Gabi and Nick's wedding in January. They were sitting on a pew making googoo eyes at each other, and they barely made to the church because of the couch exercise they were doing before the wedding. Fast Forward a few hours that very same day and she's crying on EJ's shoulder about how Rafe isn't the person she thought he was. Fast forward another month or so and EJ is proposing. I know this is just another ploy to solidify EJ/Sami, but when you look at the timeline for this "relationship" its laughable and EJ just looks even more pathetic, like today.

....And Daniel gets upset with JJ because Parker is about to imitate superman? Um, why is he grabbing and accusing JJ instead of asking the person who he left Parker with why SHE wasn't watching Parker?

My thoughts exactly...should have been mad at Abby for not watching Parker AND for asking JJ to watch him while she surfed the web or whatever.

Stefano must really be depressed and out of sorts, he's sitting alone at the coffee house. Have we EVER seen him there. And now's a fine time for Gabi to wonder if she ever loved Nick, I mean after marrying him and all. And how nice of Will to remind EJ that Rafe is coming out of his coma tomorrow. I like how much Will cares about Rafe.

Has Gabi even visited Rafe in the hospital?

I guess I missed whatever this video is of Sami. Why is Chad so eager to share it with Sonny? Why does Chad even have it?
We haven't seen Gabi visit Rafe since the baby was born, but that's not to say it wasn't done off-screen.

We're guessing maybe the coffee house has security cameras that caught Sami when she was chasing Bernardi through Horton Town Square (when she was trying to get his backpack with evidence of EJ's shooting) a few weeks ago. It was the day that there was a random woman in the square dancing like it was 1999 to her mp3 player as Bernardi and Sami ran past.

The video could also be from a few minutes before Sami chased Bernardi through the square, when they were in the park and she jumped on his back and tried to get the evidence.

Here's a thread about the crazy dancing lady and here is a clip of her (with Bernardi and Sami running past) and another clip of Sami jumping on Bernardi's back (go to the 2:20 mark):

http://www.salemspectator.com/threads/dancing-lady-wed-5-8-video-clip-20.21726/

But JJ was not the one that was supposed to be watching Parker...Abby was, he should be mad with Abby. I understand why that anger was transferred to JJ...because of everything he has done to Daniel, but it was still wrong. I mean how did he know that Abby asked JJ to watch Parker??

But JJ was not the one that was supposed to be watching Parker...Abby was, he should be mad with Abby. I understand why that anger was transferred to JJ...because of everything he has done to Daniel, but it was still wrong. I mean how did he know that Abby asked JJ to watch Parker??

Oh, I agree Jammers ! Then again, even if Daniel thought that JJ was supposed to watch Parker for a few minutes, it does not justify him attacking a teenager like that. What kind of a man is Daniel ? A hero ? Nope ! But you can bet Jennifer will think nothing of this, and JJ will surely be the bad guy in all this. Again, JJ was wrong to turn his back on Parker (it will be found out on the next episode), but Daniel is worse for assaulting him. I know if someone grabbed my kid like that, I would knock the person out, no questions asked either.

I think Daniel assessed the situation rather quickly. JJ was there with Parker, was not paying attention, completely tuned out and oblivious.He was totally irresponsible, (and he promised Abby he would watch the child, but never even looked at him, for him, etc.)
I agree that Abby was the one left in charge, but the FACT remains that whatever happened with Abby......it was JJ who was responsible at that moment in time. (Abby could have been in the bathroom, and just asked JJ to watch him for a few minutes. If alone, she would have put Parker in his crib or playpen. But she wasn't. )
Yep, Daniel lost his temper. I think it all just boiled up. JJ breaking the train, the MP3 player, the car tires slashed, the windows smashed, JJ giving Daniel this "attitude" whenever they are together.And now Parker being in jeopardy.
Probably going to be a big bruhaha at the Horton house when Jen hears about all this.

Back