Days of Our Lives - Wed., Mar. 15, 2017

The Horton scenes were definitely the highlight of today's episode. Although, I agree it would have been nice to get some actual flashbacks of what they were talking about. I've said this before but it bears repeating, when I'm in my nineties I only hope that I look as good and vital as Bill Hayes (Doug) does. I wonder what his secret is?

Abe and JJ: These scenes bothered me not because I'm a fan of JJ and Lani but because they make it harder for me to become one if I were so inclined to do so. Abe may have a valid point about JJ's maturity but I couldn't help thinking that given that Lani took a selife of herself in bed with a bombed out of his mind, passed out JJ makes me question her "suitability" for him not the other way around. I realize that Abe probably has no knowledge of that, but still it bugged me. If they were going to pair them I really wish they hadn't done the Miami thing, it just makes them kind of creepy in my opinion.

Chad and "Hammer" Hernandez flashbacks: Again I realize this is an unpopular opinion but I didn't mind these scenes. I still thought they were kind of cute. I know that's an unusual hill to die on but you gotta take a sometimes. And thus concludes the over dramatic Patrick Henry "Give me Liberty or Give me Death" inspired portion of this post. LOL

On the other hand, I know that making up these scenes isn't doing a story, that is nothing more than an angst-mill for Chad and Abigail, any favors. All three characters are just spinning their wheels here and is far past time to move on.

The last Chad and Gabi scene, I believe Poirot asked why Chad would have to remove his shirt just to change his pants. Well I would like to venture an explanation if I may, since it was Abigail who selected the spare pants and not Chad, he didn't know for sure if his shirt would match. So therefore: color-blocking.

Boom!!! Nailed it!

I don't want to sound immodest but I think that's a bit of unassilable and flawless logic that is sure to be taught in college courses where classic debate arguments are taught for years to come. :)

Oh, Troy, you truly are a dear! :)

Chad wore a white shirt.....He might want to change the tie......but did not have to remove the shirt. I am guessing this is Days idea of injecting a bit of humor into the show since it has so much gloom, misery and despair.

Anyone else sick to death of these stupid made up memories of playing baseball? I don't know why they keep wanting to play it like Chad and Gabi had some great love until Abigail came back. I don't remember Arianna being so crazy about Chad either.

All the Horton reminiscing would have been nicer with one or two flashbacks. Seriously, just show David once so we can have a face with the name. And is it true what they were remembering about Tom Horton being a poet but he took on an alternate persona?

What's Abe got against Det. JJ?

Oh how I wish Claire would have said to Ciara "Theo wanted you multiple times and you always rejected him, until he has someone else!" Claire is annoying too but Ciara's waffling has to stop. I would think she and Theo would feel more like brother and sister. They have known each other all their lives.

I feel sorry for Theo. Does he want to sleep with Claire?

Lucas was cute with Ari when he said she had a crush on Chad. Little does
he know so does Ari's mommy.

I agree with everyone else about the Horton clan. It was the best part of the show.
Fun to hear all the stories about how everyone is related and about how
Gram took donuts to get Roman out of jail. I think he looked different then.
It would have been nice to see flashbacks, but I don't think it was necessary.

I thought it was odd they had the get together on the Horton square. I know
the memorial is there, but why not at someone's house? I hope they gave the
waitress a big tip since they just ordered drinks and ate their own food (I think).

Eli's is right. You do need a cheat sheet for the family tree.

Poirot I believe you were able assail and refute my unassailable and irrefutable logic. How did that happen I mean I said "Boom!! Nailed it!!" LOL

It's a good thing there wasn't a banana peel on the floor otherwise Chad would have slipped on it. As you say it was meant to be a lighthearted moment that Abigail would walk in on and read too much into it. And good golly gosh wouldn't you just know that's exactly what happened!!! I'm still prying my jaw off the floor after that unforseeable development!

Seriously I do give them some small measure of credit for trying to sprinkle in at least a little bit of humor here and there. Of course it doesn't always work but at least they try bless their little hearts. LOL

A few fashion notes:

I didn't see Abby's outfit from the waist down but I kept thinking she looked like she was about to board The Love Boat...in 1977. The only place I want to see chevron stripes are on a nice handbag.

Jennifer: I have no words. What on Earth was she wearing?!? And whomever did her hair today failed.

Claire: I'm surprised Marlena didn't yell at her for that. And my goodness at least put on tights.

I enjoyed the Horton gathering today, but feel they could've shown a few flashbacks of the stories they were telling, like Norm DePlume.

I agree Heather about Jennifer's outfit today, it was horrible at best and Gabi's, well not sure what to think of that for a daytime outfit!

The Gabi/Chad flashbacks need to stop!!!

And is it true what they were remembering about Tom Horton being a poet but he took on an alternate persona?
Yes. Here's the storyline in a nutshell (from Beth's Days of Our Lives Page, which is no longer online):

In 1988, Tom became Norm de Plume, as he snuck out of the house at nights to recite poetry at Calliope Bradford's Beat Bar. Alice had begun to get suspicious of him and finally confronted Tom. She thought he was fooling around with someone behind her back! Finally, he confessed his secret Bohemian passion and took her to the Beat Bar, where he recited a love poem written for her. That same year, Alice discovered that her marriage to Tom was invalid. The minister who had performed the wedding had been fraudulent. Tom admitted that he'd known the entire time. Although Alice was upset, he proposed to her once again, and they remarried in front of their entire family.

Here's a picture of Tom in his Norm de Plume outfit, although it's not overly clear:

Frances-Reid-Alice-Horton-days-of-our-lives-18571189-401-175.jpg

LOL, I looked all over for a pic of Tom as Norm D, thought I found a clip....but it came from you tube, and is no longer in existence as the person's account was cancelled and all clips removed. (Yep, that was when NBC & Days made them remove all the clips. )

Dear Writers,

Enough with the Chad and Gabi story, they are being forced down our throats and while it may have worked before Abby returned now it is just filler. I don't care!!! It's time to move forward with Chad and Abby's story and let Gabi move forward on her own.

That said, dear writers, I enjoyed the "Horton" story today (I have watched since the first day on the air 50 plus years ago). My favorite part was the explanation of Julie being Hope's sister and stepmother (although really she's just her sister). That background may be new to more recent viewers. I also liked how Lucas explained his situation with his father and I hope that will help Eli in his relationship with Valerie.

What they failed to note was how Julie was not on board with the David and Valerie relationship "back in the day".

@ TheWriter's in regards to your comment on Gabi's dress. Yes it was super snug, but what I would give to be able to look as good as she did in that dress is unmentionable.

Last edited:
@embrb, I agree with you on the Gabi/Chad collisions, however, the writers in charge at the time didn't have the knowledge or enough imagination to think outside this overused scenario.

Since I'm pretty much completely fashion illiterate I usually don't comment on wardrobe unless it's so clearly egregious like when they were trying to make Will look like a hipster but I just saw Muppet. LOL

But as for Gabi's dress goes, since I don't really have an eye for if something is too tight or what have you, just by looking, I'll just say she looked good to me. :)

Back