Days of Our Lives - Wed., Mar. 6, 2019

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Rex notes the guy at the Club bar has gun, he scuffles with the guy, Chloe gets the gun, holds it on the guy, is terrified. He manages to say he was hired by Brady, gives them his wallet or something, says they can call him. Chloe puts the gun down, throws it and whatever the guy gave them on a table, says get out. She apologizes to the bar's guests for the interruption, free drink for everyone. Later, Brady meets with the fellow, who says the guy surprised him, Brady notes he is supposed to be trained for that, fires him, will watch over Chloe himself.

While the above was going on, Brady was at Stefan's, both going back and forth about protecting Chloe, and then Titan vs. DiMera Enterprises. Stefan knows Chad was too easy, he is not, Brady says to bring it on. They again are talking about Chloe as she comes in. She rants at Brady for not telling her he had hired someone, he apologizes, she just asks him to leave. (He meets with his man after)

Marlena has John in her office, tells him about visiting Victor, and him informing her of John being Leo's father. John is embarrassed, makes his excuses, intended to tell her, but Diana begged him not to do so. Marlena realizes Diana wants John, he insists he told her that Marlena was it for him. Marlena wonders that John accepted Diana's word about the paternity, and they decide to do the a DNA test, without them knowing.

Diana shows up at Vic's, wanting to make sure he held up his end of their deal. She talks of making sure the wedge between John & Marlena, Vic says not part of the deal, no control over that. In comes Marlena (John waits in hall, sneaks upstairs) to keep Victor & Diana busy. She says she & John talked it over, he told her everything, they are good, all is well. She spots John leaving, so thanks Victor for telling her, and leaves. John was successful, has something of Leo's, they will get it to a lab.

Eric has avoided Sarah's questions, just wants her happy, Rex loves her, blah, blah. She is rather disappointed, leaves. Rex comes in, full of questions about what Sarah's reaction was when Eric urged her about Rex. (sorry, this is all so stupid, it is hard to write). He knows it was juvenile of him to urge Eric to do this. Eric is evasive about what he said, but did praise Rex.

Sarah runs into her mother, and of course, whines and complains on her shoulder. (we have heard it all before). She tells Maggie of her Eric dream, Rex proposing, her being unable to give answer, yada, yada. Oh, she is so confused. Maggie realizes she may have developed some feelings for Eric. Sarah admits she has hinted to Eric about it, but he never responds. Maggie suggests maybe hinting is not enough.

Will & Sonny figure they need to get something on Leo, and so manage to get into Diana's hotel room. No idea what they are looking for, but they begin opening drawers. Knocking at door, tis Leo, calling “Mother” They hear him talking to someone in hall, who says the woman is not in. Leo claims he left his wallet inside, could they let him in so he can grab it. And, he is in, and alone! So much for security measures. He begins looking around, wondering where she would keep it, Will & Sonny listening, watching from around the corner. Leo figures the safe, gets it, only doesn't know the combo. He tries her birthday, different year, then his birthday. No luck. Decides he has to get out of there, leaves. Will & Sonny come out, yep, Diana definitely has something on Leo.

Back at Victor's, Diana is not a happy camper, Victor says I warned you. She agrees, John only looked at her twice because he thought Marlena was dead. Vic notes she is very much alive & well. Diana stares at the door........We will see about that.

Stefan made the comment about now that his dear old father has passed, so I guess they are going with the Salemites now thinking Stefano is dead.

Maybe it just depends on which writer is doing dialogue on a particular day if they remember the Salemites think Stefano is alive and in hiding somewhere, or if they think he's dead.

Only a few Salemites think Stefano is alive, not all.

Oh, my gosh, I never thought of that, MW.....of course. John gets Brady's toothbrush, and it will say the DNA matches John, he is the father. And naturally, the assumption is that it is Leo who is the son.........the beat goes on. Ugh and double Ugh.

@Noel........it WAS a lame show. All the characters have taken stupid pills. I give credit to the actors who have to constantly repeat the same lines/info, just in different locations.

Thank you for watching and reporting this awful episode, Poirot.

Oh my goodness. A bunch of us had the same idea...Sonny looks like he's a member of the Corleone family in the Godfather movies.

Kids like Sarah?!?!?! NO WAY! I don't even like her, and I'm a kid at heart.

Rex/Sarah/Eric :sick::sick::sick:

macgyverswife....you owe me a laptop cleaning!!! I spit tea all over my work laptop at your comment, "John, who probably just took Brady's toothbrush!!"

LOL - you are right. it makes too much sense for them to steal some of Leo's DNA so easily. And, if we have to go through one more (and I am sure we will) grade school conversation about who likes who and the idiot Rex asking his kind-of brother, "Does she like me?" And how would Eric know that Rex will be loyal to her forever? This is almost making me miss Gabi's recitation of what happened to her in prison! Or Hope blaming Ben for anything. Maybe that is why Sarah thinks the kids like her - because she plays with them and their toys since they are mentally the same age?

So, should we take bets now: will Eric and Sarah actually have gotten together before Nicole shows up or will Nicole interrupt them after they have gone through the drama to be together and are just getting ready?

Marlena: Once again Doc Evans was the voice of common sense. Here's a woman who doesn't miss a trick. That said, her intelligence could explain why so many other Salemites are so clueless. Intelligence and common sense could be a zero-sum game in Salem and Marlena got most of what was available. Elsewhere, cluelessness was everywhere.

Clueless I: Will and Sonny are on probation, but nevertheless they channeled their inner Bo Brady and made an illegal entry into Diana's hotel room. If this was discovered, the two lovers would be right back in Hope's jail.

Clueless II: What made a cheap schemer like Diana think that she could split up John and Marlena? Better people than she is have tried and failed.

Clueless III: It never occurred to poor John that Diana might be lying about Leo's paternity? How can a man who's so naive succeed as a private investigator?

Clueless IV: Why do the writers keep inflicting the awful Sarah-Rexy-Eric combination on the poor viewers. It's unkind to bore people to death who are hoping to be entertained.

Last edited:
We'll probably get a scene in a day or two of Brady hunting around the bathroom for his toothbrush. :rolleyes:
Even worse would be Sonny looking to his toothbrush and then finding that John's DNA test showed that he was his father, not Justin. :eek::eek::eek: (Why couldn't John have had a long-ago affair with Adrienne? He really seems to have gotten around in his younger days.) This shocker would make Will and Sonny half-brothers and probably put a quick, unhappy end to their love affair. [Thanks to JS for correcting my weak knowledge of the tangled Salem family trees. That said, the results of Salem DNA tests, either genuine or phony are usually a subject of horror for somebody.]

Last edited:
Clueless III: It never occurred to poor John that Diana might be lying about Leo's paternity? How can a man who's so naive succeed as a private investigator?
And to hear John brag to Marlena that she is married to a spy! (in re: getting Leo's DNA) Too bad she did not remark then about "taking Diana's word"

This shocker would make Will and Sonny half-brothers and probably put a quick, unhappy end to their love affair.
If John would be Sonny's father, Sonny and Brady would be half-brothers, but not Will. Sonny would be Will's step-uncle. Although, it would make Sonny and Paul half-brothers.

Eric has avoided Sarah's questions, just wants her happy, Rex loves her, blah, blah. She is rather disappointed, leaves. Rex comes in, full of questions about what Sarah's reaction was when Eric urged her about Rex. (sorry, this is all so stupid, it is hard to write). He knows it was juvenile of him to urge Eric to do this. Eric is evasive about what he said, but did praise Rex.

is this DAY 276 of this very SAME conversation??????:beat::beat:

Thanks, Poirot.

It's been a very long day in Salem.

I think John said he got the right the toothbrush because there were monogrammed towels.

I hope Leo doesn't tell Diana his toothbrush is missing.

I'm glad John and Marlena are doing a DNA test. The big question is where. Will they do
it in Salem? The place where DNA tests are changed and the wrong man thinks he's
the "baby daddy"

I don't post much, but today's EXCITING (she says sarcastically) episode inspired me to comment.

First, I'd like to thank Poirot, and all those who post summaries. I read them every night and enjoy all of the comments.

Are we watching a soap opera or a cartoonish sitcom? I find myself laughing at the ridiculous behavior of the characters.

Will and Sonny - sneaking away YET AGAIN for a secret meeting and a kiss, despite being warned to stay away from each other. Then, they break into Diana's room, and both conspicuously peer around the corner to see what Leo is doing. Idiots.

John and Marlena - Marlena distracts Diana and Victor, who are coincidentally sitting together in the living room, while super spy investigator John sneaks up the steps. Ridiculous.

Eric/Sarah/Rex - Mopey Eric continues to wear his "I just can't tell Sarah how I feel" mouth muzzle, while both Sarah and Rex talk to others about their relationship in a manner that takes me back to high school. I'm being kind. It's more like taking me back to 7th grade. So juvenile.

I keep expecting to hear a laugh track.

Back