Days of Our Lives - Wed., Mar. 8, 2017

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Steve's visitor, Raymon, informs him that the son Steve had with Ava Vitali, is alive, living in AZ. Seems the boy is trying to find his bio parents, contacted Raymon, who gave the kid very little info, was vague, (since Raymon was into Black Market baby selling), but he dug in deep, the boy's birth certificate lists Steve as the dad, the guy figures Steve would want to do DNA test, in case Ava was not truthful. He then needs some money to cover expenses, Steve gives him all he has in his wallet - $272.00, warns the guy not to try for more.

Chad has asked Gabi to come over to look at some pics of antiquities that have been stolen, to see if any match the pics in Deimos's safe. She tells Chad he cannot keep doing this, calling her or having her come for these little meetings. She is respecting his marriage, yada, yada. Chad is sorry, she is right, won't any more, she checks the pics. Is gone when Chad later is with Andre, as they talk it all over. Chad figures if they could find where Deimos stashed any items, return them to originating country, they even get big reward. Andre is all for selling privately, Chad says NO, Andre backtracks, but calls someone to seek info on "receiving stolen antiquities".

Abby breezes into Club TBD, tells Dario she wants to have a big fund raiser there, different from the one in the square, music, dancing. She is talking non-stop, goes to measure the distance to the ceiling, so banner will be right size. She evidently loses her balance, falls, Dario catches her....faces close, she asks if he is going to put her down, he says NO, kisses her. Aaaah, just his fantasy. He sets her down, they jabber, he claims not to know how to dance,. she figures she can give him a lesson now, they dance a bit. We see someone in background moving around, coming in, leaving, coming back. She finally leaves, and it is Myron, who knows Dario can dance up a storm, why would he tell Abby he doesn't know how. Dario avoids, tells Myron to just do the books, bemoaning the money the Orwell would have made them.

At the hospital, Joey calms Jade down, prevents her from leaving her bed, goes to check and see why the Code Blue on her dad. In Hal Michaels room, nurse tells Kayla he is in V Tach, they use paddles, then take him down for tests. Upon return, Hal has come to, and learns he had a blood clot (he was a medic for 5 years, so understands a lot of medical jargon) which they took care of, but the damage was done. It had prevented blood flow to the new liver, resulting in necrosis (I think that is death of liver) so he is back on the donor list. Hal begins raging and ranting, blaming this all on Kayla, accusing her of doing it on purpose, insulting his daughter, says Kayla planned it all so he would die. She tries to calm him, but he won't even let her say boo, just yells and hollars.

At the cop shop, Lani is now a full fledged detective at Salem, PD, JJ jokingly gifts her with a candy dish for her desk, with his favorite candies in it. Raines comes in, scolds them to save it for their own time, saying he will invoke the no fraternization rule. JJ notes that was no longer an option, per Roman Brady, years ago. Raines reminds him Brady is retired, he is commissioner now, appointed by the mayor.He leaves, Lani says she wishes she knew Roman was retiring before she agreed to stay. JJ says she can change her mind, her dad is the mayor. Nope.

later, JJ spots Gabi in the square, looking down, stops to talk, but Gabi won't talk about it. He is still her friend, is there if she needs to talk. Lani spots them, is obviously a bit jealous, tells JJ it does bother her that he is with his ex every time she turns around, that is 3rd time today, and the day is not half over. She doesn't know why this bothers her, they have only had one date. JJ says perhaps they should call this date #2, kiss, kiss, smiles.

Abby has returned home, made all the plans at TBD, gonna be great. She gets Thomas, fun, she dances a bit with him, Chad joins in. But just when she is going to put on music, Thomas yawns, time for a nap. She takes him away.

Joey came in while Hal was ranting, and raving at Kayla, Joey yells at Hal he should be grateful for all his mother did, she saved his life. Kayla gets him to go back to Jade, limited info, but that the transplant did not work. He does, tells Jade, who then is upset she did this all for nothing. Joey stays to keep her calmed down, Steve arrives, comes in, is glad Jade is doing so well. He is looking for Kayla, needs to talk to her. Joey says she was in Mr. Michaels room. Steve leaves, telling Joey he wants to see him later, too.

In Hal's room, he is still raging at Kayla, she says she knows patients sometimes get upset after surgery, will give him something. Her back is to him as she talks while getting some pills, tearing open the packet, but back of her, Hall is pulling out his tubes, getting out of bed, comes up behind her, grabbing a syringe full of the drug which would have been given to him after his heart stopped. His arm around her neck, the needle up against it. He is telling her how it would have gotten his heart started when stopped, but since hers is already beating normally, it will cause hers to explode.

Steve has come in, Kayla sees him out of corner of her eye. He puts his finger up to his lips, sshhh. She tries to say something to Hal, but he is still ranting and threatening, holding the hypo against her neck.

Necrosis means "the localized death of living cells (as from infection or the interruption of blood supply)" (from WordNet) or "a condition in which part of the body has decayed and no longer works normally" (from Macmillan Dictionary).

I do believe that Jade may have had the right of it, when she initially refused to do the liver transplant. But I'm glad that she agreed, for her sake. Can Hal hurry up and die already? Not that I would wish that on a real person, but Hal's a fiction character, with no apparent redeeming qualities. so he needs to go, either by death or by leaving. Can we send him to mail a letter? Pretty please? That way we know he won't be back.

What's with Dario faking his need for dancing lessons? Slimeball masquerading as a good guy. And, by the way, why do the writers choose two new names in the same episode spelled with the y in the middle, like Raymon and Myron. Confusing. This soap is getting dumber by the day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the summary. Wish I could say I enjoyed it, but alas, there was really nothing to look forward to. Ava's son with Patch still alive? As if the storyline of Ava's return wasn't bad enough, now they have to do this ridiculous storyline over a year after it supposedly ended? WHY!?!?

I don't understand why Hal would attack Kayla. OK, maybe be angry (and later apologize), but really, what is the purpose!? And yes, I agree with the others that it's just not appropriate for this to air on Women's Day. Seems some of the TPTB have an issue with women (having a woman romantically involved with her rapist, turning strong women into dunces and tramps, always needing to be saved by a man, etc.). But I digress. This storyline was as uninteresting as it is unnecessary.

Gabi/Chad/Abigail/Lani/Dario feels like filler. Not bad, but again, not necessary. And I'm getting tired of this Raines dude. He's just annoying and lame. I really wish the episode picked up where they left off yesterday, with Nicole and Brady.

Does Jade have a mother? I wonder why Jade's dad is so angry. I don't mean just today--I understand he is very upset today because he found out he is dying, in spite of the transplant. But he has always appeared angry. He seems to have a special hatred for Jade. I just wonder if something happened to cause it or if he's just mean, plain and simple.

Women on the show have experienced being dumped on for years and years, so this day is no different. Do you honestly think if they don't recognize most other holidays, they would even begin to know ones that are not really "significant" like..oh, Mother's Day, Father's Day, St. Patrick's, Veteran's day, etc. Just remember that the show is off one day because of being pre-empted on Jan. 20th.

As to Dario, after his fantasy of kissing Abby, he faked the dancing thing just to be able to hold her. He is supposedly very smitten.

And Hal, egads, he worked himself up into a frenzy, accusing Kayla of misdiagnosis, of figuring out a way to kill him. What amazed me is this man not only just had a transplant, but also another "procedure" to take care of that clot......and yet he sure is strong, agile, with his wits all about him, despite having probably lots of drugs, pain meds, etc.

I couldn't even finish watching today's episode. When Jade's dad started screaming like he was being attacked all I could say was "seriously?" then turned it off. Also, way too much Dario, Jade and her dad, Joey, and other non-essential people lately to even keep watching. Storylines are lame at best and not sure the new writers can even resurrect this show anymore.

he faked the dancing thing just to be able to hold her.
I thought he said he couldn't dance as a reason not to attend her party with his imaginary lady friend. Then Abby stepped all over his excuse by offering to teach him how to dance. And of course, he was tickled by being able to hold her in his arms.

Did Hal's liver fail because Kayla isn't a good surgeon like Daniel was? :)

OMG, Steve & Ava's child is alive? Wait, it's Salem, it happens all the time.

I can't wait until Raines tells Hope and Rafe not to be lovey dovey in the office.
Does he have a first name?

Line of the day goes to Lani. She said this to JJ when she saw him talking
to Gabi "You've talked to her three times in one day and the day's not
close to being over." I laughed.

I'm officially at a point where I have to watch this show on DVR so that I can fast forward. I cannot watch live.

Today was a David Cherrill episode so it explains the violence. His episodes tend to be filled with violence, especially towards women.

As for Hal, WHY?!? And why should I care about these day players hogging up screen time? It seemed pretty obvious from the ending that Steve would save Kayla tomorrow. If you're going to give us a cliffhanger, at least don't show the hero showing up until tomorrow. :rolleyes:

I get that Jade is on contract but I don't care about her either.

Dario and Abigail: Please NO

The Chad, Abigail, Thomas scene was adorable as brief as it was.

So the spawn of Steve and one of Dena's favorite actresses is still alive? No surprise there. How long before we find out Ava is not dead? That conversation between Steve and Raymon was very shady.

Whoever did the on-screen graphics for the cell phones today spelled Gabi's name wrong (at the end). When Chad pulled out his phone to call Gabi, the pop-up bubble had it spelled as "Gabbi Hernandez" with an extra "b".

Glad I wasn't the only one who caught that.

I would rather watch Jade and her dad than to have to endure the story of Steve and Ava's kid coming along, and that's saying a lot. I can't bear anything that has to do with Ava. I sure hope they don't bring her back to life!

The only redeeming thing I can think of about Lt. Raines is if he does stop the lovey dovey stuff between Rafe and Hope on the job. Even if I were a fan of this couple, I still would not be in favor of them sitting around and smooching during office hours!

Back