Days of Our Lives - Wed., May 3, 2017

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Got only about 20 minutes or so, and breaking news at NBC stopped it all.

So, summary will be up much later, but so far.........Gabi confronted Julie at the hospital, Julie is telling Gabi to stay away from Eli, Gabi tells Julie to back off, cease and desists, or she will tell Eli that Julie faked her heart attack.

The Hernandez clan is having lunch, table is lovely, set for 6, all are hungry, but Dario, of course, sits with that giant chip on his shoulder, ticked off because Rafe arrested Daddy. Rafe says if Dad was there (the two chairs are for Mamie & Father) he would say he is taking responsibility for himself like a man. Dario is not impressed, mouths off a lot. Rafe still has his job, his woman, is sitting pretty. Dad is not. Gabi says she is sorry.

Eric & Jen are having lunch, really having a nice conversation, until this voice says you two make me sick. Tis Victor, sitting behind them.

and Snake makes Lani swallow the Halo, JJ bursts in, Snake grabs Lani, using her as a shield, tells JJ to put down the gun. Lani say not to, but JJ does, kicks it out of the way. Snake starts marching Lani out the door, she kicks him (about time), he lets go, JJ jumps him, they fight, end up on the bed with JJ pummeling Snake, and FINALLY Raines comes in with another cop, Snake is handcuffed, Lani goes to throw up in the bathroom. She comes out, the cop takes Snake off, Lani says she is o.k. but falters, faints, JJ carries her, leaves with Raines.

Sorry, that is all I got. More later, if possible

Well, got the last 10 minutes. I think Victor did some snark with Eric & Jen. not sure.

Abe & JJ are in hospital, waiting news of Lani. Raines arrives, did a search warrant on Snake's apt., which led to a warehouse where they found the 6 missing hookers, all in very bad shape. Seems Snake got them all hooked and addicted to the Halo, they gave him every dollar they earned, but eventually became useless, so he sequestered them to dry them out, then began the cycle all over again. Abe is having fits, but JJ assures him this was Lani's call, she knew the danger, went anyway, is a hero, saved the 6 women. Abe is proud of her.

Marlena meets up with Jen in the park, says she can see where whatever is going on with her and Eric is going, doesn't think it is a good thing. She knows Jen helped Eric before, hopes Jen won't take this the wrong way. No, Jen understands, has been protective mom herself. She leaves, Marlena gets a call from Paul, telling her Brady has been shot.

All the tension at the Hernandez lunch seems to be over, Hope talks with Gabi, kids around with Rafe & Dario, some talk about her eating a worm unknowingly, and them all doing this again. Gabi is gone, Hope leaves, Rafe & Dario have a toast, laughing , to family and love (in Spanish).

Hope meets with Julie, who hears Hope checking on Myron, who has a rap sheet. Julie makes nasty crack about the Hernandez family as a whole, Hope reminds her Rafe is part of that family, but Julie says he is the only good one. She asks what if Dario turns out to be a criminal. Hope thinks Rafe will be devastated.

JJ pulls up a chair by Lani's bedside, tells her she has to get better, her father needs her, he needs her. Suddenly, Lani's eyes open, she begins screaming and writhing in bed.

Why do you think Marlena doesn't like where things are going between her son and Jennifer?

She thinks Jennifer is not right for him? If so, for what reason? Jennifer has been in recovery for a while now and both she and Eric have been supportive of the other's recovery so far. I don't see any danger there. They seem to have genuine feelings for one another.

Today's show was actually pretty good! A nice end to the Snake and Lani investigation. Really good scenes there. I also like how Eric stood up to Victor (my goodness, I'm tired of Daniel being constantly brought up). He and Jennifer will never be the couple I root for, but I'm not as opposed to them now as I once was. That said, I totally get Marlena's concerns, and enjoyed her little chat with Jennifer. I'm also glad she learned that Brady was shot---about time the soap treated her as his mother.

The Hope and Hernandez scenes were actually good! Can't believe the soap was interrupted just when it was getting good for some news thing. Annoying.

The Lani/drugs storyline seems so familiar to me. Seems like another soap or TV show did something similar in which a main character was drugged a few times (while undercover) and they then had to deal with the resulting "addiction."

Marlena evidently feels that being that Jen is also a recovering addict, that for them to hook up is not a good thing. She said she was not going to interfere, but would be keeping an eye on the situation. That news breakin had to do with a speech by someone from the Middle East....I think Saudi Arabia......he spoke in his native language, then an interpreter recited in English what he said.......paragraph by paragraph, and the U.S. President stood at an adjoining podium, said nothing. I did not watch it all, so left to come and write the lst post here. When I went back, lots of commercials were running (guess making up for all that were pre-empted. LOL)

I would like to hand out in what is looking to become a bi-weekly event in which I hand out a little trophy I fondly call the "HUSH YO MOUTH AWARD". This week's recipient: The man who is becoming the flesh-and-blood incarnation of Mr. Wilson, the grumpy old neighbor in the immortal newspaper cartoon by Hank Ketchum, "Dennis the Menace: none other than Victor Kiriakis!!! *Standing ovation*

And just to show to there is no shortage of hypocrisy in Salem, there is also a runner-up this week: Come on up Dario Hernandez!!! *a smattering of respectful applause mixed with boos and catcalls.*

I'm not a big Hope and Rafe fan but since they haven't been quite as prominent over the past couple of months as they for the well, the entirety of 2016, I haven't minded them.

With that being said, I really liked Hope's lunch with the Hernandez clan for two reasons: 1) She actually managed to pull Dario up short and 2) and most importantly, like Gabi and Eli's dance on Monday, I found those scenes to just be fun. And like I said on Monday when we get those moments I value them even more because they are so rare.

They showed the entire episode on the west coast. Here is some of what happened in the middle of the show. I may have missed a few details.

During the lunch with the Hernandez clan, Rafe and Dario had Hope drinking some drink which they all guzzled down, but when she did that she started coughing and sputtering. Then they told her it was a Hernandez tradition to eat worms? and had one ready for her. She really made a face but finally ate it. Gabi then called her aside and let her know that Rafe and Dario have never eaten the worm (apparently they had her eat one at one time), which was a big joke among them. Rafe took a phone call while Hope and Gabi were talking, and Myron came over to talk to Dario. Hope really stared at him and asked Gabi who that was. Gabi mentioned his full name and said he works for Dario and is some kind of genius. Later, Hope met with Julie in the pub and just got off the phone. She checked on Myron and he has a rap sheet. Julie said she's not surprised as he's a Hernandez. Hope reminds Julie that Rafe is a Hernandez, and Julie said he's the exception to the rule.

Eric got up and went over to Victor to tell him that while he daily lives with the regret of driving drunk and killing Daniel, Daniel would want him to live his life and to move forward.

Marlena and Valerie met up with Abe at the pub for lunch until Abe received a call that Lani had been taken to the hospital. Abe and Valerie left to go to the hospital and Marlena and Roman talked. Roman is happy that Eric is moving forward with his life and thinks Jennifer is a good influence on him. Marlena is still concerned as they both hooked up when they were both fighting addictions. She's concerned that Jennifer might still have any lingering issues with her addiction and that it might cause trouble for Eric.

A few remarks about today's characters.

Snake: If Jay Leno was still doing his old "dumb criminals" routine, Snake would surely be featured: stupidly hiring a police detective to join his drugged-out stable of hapless hookers and then being arrested in record time by the usually inept Salem P.D.

Raines; He's probably bragging to anyone who will listen about the quick arrest of Snake, while dropping hints that a Roman-led police department wouldn't have caught him until 2020 or even later.

Lani: The way she awakened in the hospital bed, she bore a certain resemblance to the Bride of Frankenstein coming to life.

Eric: If he wants to have a relationship with Jenny, an older woman, he ought to check with Rafe who's gotten cozy with both Kate and Hope.

Victor: Viewers would probably prefer to see him dishing out snark to women he loves to hate than keeping alive the cult of St. Jonas.

Last edited:
Thank you so much Jen for the Fill in the Middle synopsis. Do appreciate it. :)
So Valerie made an appearance today...hmmm.

I have to say enough is enough in re: Daniel Jonas. Will is dead, a legacy character and no one mentions his name. Is this because Ben is no longer in the public eye? Victor probably has NO idea what Eric has been doing of late, helping people, etc. Makes one wonder why Vic is out and about, in a restaurant, enjoying himself, instead of ranting over Brady being injured, or perhaps why he is not out with his wife.
Vic needs to be taken to task for ignoring all the horrible things Deimos has done, while he rants on Eric because Daniel died. Is it o.k. that Deimos is guilty of several attempts at murder, for now injuring Brady, and having Nicole & Holly held prisoner?

Victor does need comeuppance...open his eyes and see what really is going on.

Myron told Dario he can get into the Chandler Corp computer and take money. Dario
wants to make his father proud by making their company a powerhouse. I don't
think stealing counts.

It's been a long time since Chandler Corp has been mentioned.

I thought it was interesting Roman thinks Eric seeing Jen is a good idea and
Marlena doesn't.

So, Snake got arrested before he slithered away. Will Abe let Raines keep his job?

Nice to see so many major characters on today's show.

I also got interrupted and don't care enough to rewatch.

The Hope/Hernandez was cringeworthy. She looked completely out of place. When is the last time she had lunch with Claire? I would have much rather have seen Rafe involved in the Lani rescue.

Speaking of that, what took Raines so long? Wasn't he her backup?

Nice touch having Abe at the hospital. So I guess Valerie is a now a general practitioner since she was treating Lani. :rolleyes:

Paul called Marlena about Brady? Color me pleasantly shocked.

Back