Status
Not open for further replies.

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, November 21, 2012

A Happy Thanksgiving week to us all from Days.....o.k. I take it back...for me, anyway, as this is another EJ free day, which means an entire EJ free week at last! However, not too happy for many of our Salemites. Replay of Will meeting Gabi in the Square, announcing he got most of the money, still needs about $50, and then spotting his father standing there, asking what is going on. Will makes up some lame excuse about a school project he & Gabi are working on. Lucas thinks that is awfully expensive project, and decides to talk with Will privately. He takes him just a few feet away, but really only tells him about talking to Sonny, and then apologizing to Will for his behavior. He admits that Will was right, that if Will had been with a girl, he would have reacted differently, and is sorry. He only wants Will to be happy, and obviously Sonny make him happy, so that is all that matters. He tells Will how much he loves him, and that Sonny said the same. This touches Will, father & son embrace. Will goes to Gabi's side, she has heard it all, and they have to leave. Lucas has them wait, they are short some money for their project, and gives them $60.

Nicole is with Father Eric, evidently having told him all that has happened, all she has done. She is uncomfortable with his talk of God, with his collar, and quickly becomes self-deprecating, which Eric halts. He knows her, and though she doesn't want to hear God talk, if she was just open to it, she would be amazed at the change and how it would help. She teases about him being celibate, he talks of her inability to apologize for anything, she agrees it is hard for her. She asks how he became a priest, he talks of going to Colorado to start life anew, he was a photographer, Denver did not offer all that much for him in that area. He got a news assignment, went to the Civil War in the Congo, witnessed a lot of horrible things. He just wanted to make things better. And it happened slowly, he began going to mass again, then remembering all he learned and was taught as a kid. They talk some more, reminiscing over a photo shoot, where she still owes him apologies for 4 things. We don't know what they were, but there is a bit of a flashback...shots of her on the beach. She smiles, says she retroactively apologizes to him. He notes that she has yet to make things right with Jennifer, and with this Daniel Jonas. Nicole thinks perhaps they would not think differently of her. Everyone hates her, Eric assures her he doesn't.

Well, as good excuse as any for Salem's females to get together. Jennifer is evidently hosting the gettogether, Hope is helping, and just in case we forgot, or have not heard her say it before, calls Jennifer "Cuz". First to arrive is Billie, who apologizes to Jen for making assumptions. All is forgiven. Next to arrive are Kayla & Adrienne, everyone with a book in their hands. Yep, they seem to have a book club. Kayla mentions Caroline doing so well, with Hope chiming in that she may be home sooner than they thought. And now the gals are sitting all around in the living room, drinking tea, chattering away, and Billie gets asked why she picked the next book in particular. Guess what it is? The Scarlet Letter. Billie says she read it in high school, but loved the story. She thinks Hester Prine a woman ahead of her time. Would it not be something if nowadays, the present day females had to wear a shirt with a big scarlet A on it? Everyone is nodding and agreeing. Hope wants to know just why Billie loves this book. She laughs and says...cause it is about "forbidden love". (Can we all see where this is all going?? And for those who don't know about the scarlet letter, Hester was forced to wear a Red letter "A" on her forehead, I believe, to indicate she was an adulteress)

At the Pub, Sami is apologizing to Nick, thought Gabi had told him about being pregnant. No, she had not, he is still trying to absorb this. A frustrated Rafe comes down, loaded for bear, asking Nick if he knows where Gabi has gone, but Nick has not seen her. She may have gone down the back stairs. Rafe goes to the kitchen to see if anyone knows anything, Sami tries to make excuses for the impatient Rafe, worried about his sis. Rafe returns, no one saw her, knows anything. He decides to go back to Gabi's room, in case she returns via the back stairs. Nick calls Will, leaving a message that he knows they had a school project they were working on, so please tell Gabi to call him, it's important.

Hope sits in Father Eric's office, happy to see him, happy he is back in Salem. He mentions being back in time to oversee construction of the school! She finds an earring on the floor, he notes it probably belongs to Nicole. Hope goes into Mother Bear mode, telling Eric to stay away from Nicole, she is bad news. He lets her know that Nicole is mourning the loss of her child, that they were catching up with what has gone on in their lives, and that Nicole feels everyone hates her, and just needs a friend. That does not move Hope at all, She complains about what Nicole did to Jennifer, and figures all this is not over, her gut instinct tells her this.

Will & Gabi arrive at the clinic. She is quiet, is given papers to fill out. Will asks if she is sure. She says yes. Before she can start writing, he tells her that if, at any point, she changes her mind, it is o.k. They will deal with it, it will be fine. She hands the papers in, and soon is called in. She tells Will she is glad he is there, wishes he could be inside with her. He promises he will be right there, he is not leaving.
A hesitant, seemingly shy Gabi goes with the nurse into a room, is told to undress, put on the hospital gown. That they first will do a sonogram to see how far along she is. Later, she is in the gown, as another female doctor comes in with the first one, shaking her hand, telling her she will be the one who will be doing the procedure.

Nicole is in Horton Square, comes up the infamous staircase, flashes back to arguing with Jen and falling down the stairs. She then flashes back to Jennifer coming into her hospital room, sincerely apologizing for badgering Nicole the way she did, wishing she take it all back if she could. Nicole shakes her head, and strides purposely forward.

Back at the Pub, up in Gabi's room, Rafe paces, talking of how this is his fault, he wasn't paying attention to her. Sami says no, that is not the way it works. Rafe comments on how close Gabi was to Arianna, misses her. Sami notes that Gabi knows he loves her, and would do anything for her. He agrees, picks up a picture of Gabi & Nick, as Sami notes Nick loves her, was so worried when Gabi fainted and was in the hospital. She was there, she could see it. Rafe admits he loves Gabi, would give up anything for her and he did. He gave up Sami in order to save Gabi, and it did not do any good. He lost Sami anyway. Sami is unable to get any bars for her phone, wonders if Gabi would mind if she used her computer to send an important e-mail. Rafe figures it would be o.k. Sami sits down at the computer, presses a key to get the screen to light up, and gasps as she sees what comes up on the screen. Rafe comes over, and they both stare at the clinic website, with Rafe mutter, oh no, Gabi, no.

At the Horton house, Jennifer has bid all her guests good-bye, Adrienne being the last, reminding Jennifer that they will be seeing her & Abby tomorrow for Thanksgiving dinner. Adrienne leaves, Jen goes into another room, the door handle moves, and in comes Nicole, key in hand. She looks around.
Jennifer comes into the living room, not noticing Nicole standing off to the side. Nicole comes up behind her, Jen turns around, and both stare at each other.

Please note........there will be no Days episode on Thursday, Nov. 22, Thanksgiving Day, (dog show instead, lol).
On Friday, Days will be showing an episode from the past......and I am not sure if I will be able to write a review...not sure of Friday plans yet. Weather has a great deal of influence here on what goes on. LOL

I see Rafe's been bitten by Sami's "Nosy Nellie" bug! Those 2 have nerve!

It has been a great week NO EJ!!!! The way Sami is being so gentle with Rafe's overprotective heart and the way he looks at her.....C'MON!!!! Tomlin is still obviously showing the love between Sami and Rafe....you cannot deny that at all. It’s obvious where her heart is with Rafe! I also loved her wanting to be with him and how she had a spring in her step following her man. True love will prevail and that’s with Sami and Rafe. I enjoyed Nicole/Eric talk today I was wondering where Sami was when Eric was learning to be a compassionate, decent human being, she was probably playing spin the bottle with the little boys on the playground. I would much rather watch Nicole she is taking over the lead actress if she keeps these performances up. Again I was impressed with Will & Gabi; they have a love & bond that will never be broken. It’s so refreshing to see the younger set be mature & responsible for their actions. It's obvious that Will wants to keep the baby but he respects Gabi enough to do what she wants! edited to spell out Sami and Rafe's names....combo names are not used on this board....JS

No offense, but I don't see anything wrong with Hope and Jennifer calling each other, "cuz." It is an endearing name and they have done it all their lives.

I'm flabbergasted that Nicole let herself into Jennifer's house with her key! This is bold, even for Nicole.

See, I see Will as genuinely conflicted... his speech about not wanting the baby to feel how he felt growing up, passed along from adult to adult while his childish parents went about their selfish ways, was really poignant. It speaks for a lot of children of young parents who were simply not ready to be parents. They have clearly explored many options and their potential consequences, and seem to be hesitantly settled on the "best" option of 3 difficult options (keep, adoption, abortion). I am glad I have never been in the position to have to seriously weigh those options, but I really enjoy how the writers are making it a mature and thought out decision, and not a rushed, "Let's do this!!" type idea.

Sadly, it appears Sami and Rafe will be using the email excuse as their reason for meddling into Gabi's computer. Horrible. Like Sami wouldn't have a laptop or a smartphone as a supposed company big-wig? What email could possibly be vital right then that she couldn't run back to the office for a minute... but of course, meddling always matters more than work.

Sami did say something about not being able to get a phone signal or her battery being dead (I was only partially paying attention). But you're right, it's absurd that she's so important that she HAD to use Gabi's computer at that moment.

The thing is, WHY was the website still sitting there? Gabi had plenty of time to shut her laptop down, to exit the website. She paced around her room while Will was getting the money, etc. But she didn't. Yes, I know, Da plot, Da plot.
And yes, Sami was unable to use her smart phone, she said she wasn't able to get a signal for it. But since Rafe's phone worked just a bit before, why not just use his to call her office and tell her assistant, or some employee to send the e-mail.
And again, yes, Da Plot, Da plot.

So glad that Hope called Jennifer "cuz" again, because I never remember that they are cousins.
I laughed out loud when she said that, and said, "JustSamantha is going to hate that!" LOL. BUT I am glad the writers remember something about the show!! LOL

Eric and Nicole - a little much

Hope lecturing Eric - aka the fake Eric whom I still don't accept - SARAH BETH please give Hope another Slap.

Sami - at least they tried to make a plausible reason for her unwarranted snoopery

I loved the book club. Even though a little foreshadowing of it wouldn't hurt and suddenly BAM there's a book club. It was a little ham-fisted as a plot device, but I appreciate that they are showing some folks can get together and talk and be friends. I miss Billie & Jennifer's friendship, and friendships in general on the show, so I choose to ignore the silly way to foreshadow reactions to Gabi's pregnancy and instead focus on characters getting together and not sniping at each other. :)

Happy Thanksgiving to All! *plug* I'm posting a special fanfic episode of Days for the Xmas Holiday this year, up soon!

I thought the book club/Scarlett Letter was going in the direction of Nicole, the outcast. The woman everyone hates, etc.

Never caught that, Poirot, but I think you're right. But they also talked about unplanned pregnancy/single pregnancy. I guess I'll have to give the writers an extra point for that. Good way to use a bunch of characters and keep the story moving along. :)

Did not both Brady and Billie say they saw Jennifer push Nicole down the stairs??? Now they've both apologized shaying they shouldn't have jumped to conclusions. Then, although I don't have experience in this area, when a woman goes in for an abortion doesn't she receive some kind of counseling first? Then, Hope way over the top by jumping in and telling Eric to stay away from Nicole.

The new Eric has such a soft and soothing voice he could lead anyone to greener pastures. So his back story for becoming a Priest is good, seeing the light after visiting the desolation in Africa. It seems since TPTB decided to go with a Gay story line, many of today's political issues have appeared with in the show. It's kind of like Law and Order, I think they get their story ideas from the News Headlines. See it in the news and a couple of weeks later their it is as a prime time small screen story, with the names and small details changed, although leaving the ending open for interpretation.

I really love Will and Gabi together, best friends or more, they have a great chemistry. And there she was our Sami with those big blue eyes keeping the Rafster under control. He sure doesn't care for Nick, but it's a little hypocritical since both Sami and Will have tried to kill someone (that being Elvis of course), so why dislike Nick so much. She may have a physical chemistry with Elvis, but she sure has everything else with Rafe. I can't remember a time where she has the type of conversations and support for one another that Sami and Rafe have.

Love Lucas and Will's talk also. Lucas is coming around slowly.

Wishing everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving and anxiously awaiting.....more great stuff from the writers. Enjoy your Holiday!

Did not both Brady and Billie say they saw Jennifer push Nicole down the stairs???

No, they both said they heard Nicole and Jennifer arguing at the top of the stairs and then saw Nicole hitting the bottom of the steps. When Brady raced over to Nicole, she gasped that Jennifer pushed her on purpose. But Brady and Billie both said they didn't actually witness the confrontation, just heard it.

They also witnessed some of Jenn's loud threats, harrassment and insults against Nicole before that day.

I've never been to an abortion clinic but I do know that there is
counseling with a required 24-hour waiting period, counseling required before the procedure, and in that counseling they have to ask if you would like information on adoption

I'm flabbergasted that Nicole let herself into Jennifer's house with her key!

I agree, KL ! It's a perfect exemple of the writers trying to create drama in a very cheap and easy way. Let Nicole go into the house so we get the suspense. :rolleyes: It would have been just as powerful if Nicole had knocked and Jennifer answered, finding Nicole there ! Then again, when you can't write well, you rely on stuff like that !

I've never been to an abortion clinic but I do know that there is
counseling with a required 24-hour waiting period, counseling required before the procedure, and in that counseling they have to ask if you would like information on adoption
That varies by State. And since Salem is in the State of Confusion, no rules from the real world apply. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back