Days of Our LIves - Wed, October 25, 2017

Noel, thank you for the summary. I almost felt like I was watching the show as I read it.

It does sound like the warden was being contrary but wouldn't there need to be something like a court order to get a situation like this resolved?
Since this is an only-in-Salem type of event, there are no real-world precedents. That said, Adrienne wasn't like an innocent person who was convicted and sent to prison. In such cases, a court order would be needed to free her. Here, however, she's actually a kidnap victim who's been dumped in a prison. Since she wasn't placed in prison by the judicial system, no court order would seem to be needed, just proper identification. Justin should really sue on the grounds that the prison negligently failed to properly identify Adrienne as soon as she told her story, and thereafter denied her civil rights be not allowing her to contact an attorney or family member. (Of course, as others have said, the mighty Victor could have resolved the whole thing with one phone call to the governor. Nobody, except maybe Bonnie, says no the Salem grouch.)

Maybe she still will give it to Maggie

I watched all 3 of this week's episodes last night and it felt like 1 extended episode. Same stories and characters all week. The show still has a huge balance issue both with characters and stories.

When is the doppelgänger nonsense going to end? Hattie was captured over a month ago now and we are still seeing her more than Marlena. I thought this was supposed to be temporary for some added humor. And I hate that Bonnie got away. I wanted to see Adrienne confront her.

The Adrienne stuff is annoying. I hope she does sue Statesville.

I don't care enough about Sheila or Eli to care about their history. Maybe if Lani were back in his orbit I'd care about Eli. I see no romantic chemistry with him and Gabi. I'd like to see Gabi back with JJ.

What is it with Hope constantly asking her junior officers for advice on how to do her job? Last week it was Rafe. Yesterday it was JJ and Lani. You are the Commisioner for a reason---make a decision!

I'm intrigued about who Rolf is working for. Andre? Kristen? Paul?

Since this is an only-in-Salem type of event, there are no real-world precedents. That said, Adrienne wasn't like an innocent person who was convicted and sent to prison. In such cases, a court order would be needed to free her. Here, however, she's actually a kidnap victim who's been dumped in a prison. Since she wasn't placed in prison by the judicial system, no court order would seem to be needed, just proper identification. Justin should really sue on the grounds that the prison negligently failed to properly identify Adrienne as soon as she told her story, and thereafter denied her civil rights be not allowing her to contact an attorney or family member. (Of course, as others have said, the mighty Victor could have resolved the whole thing with one phone call to the governor. Nobody, except maybe Bonnie, says no the Salem grouch.)

Thank you for clearing that up for me. It makes sense, now that you've explained it. Also, Victor clearing it up would have been more satisfying than the going in circles with the warden.

Gabi was her usual, totally-nosey self, and thoroughly interrogated Eli about serious matters in his past. He should have told her to buzz off! :angry:

Hope/JJ/Lani did not think to ask Theo to help unlock Rolf's computer. Their bumbling could have launched a doomsday total deletion/scrambling. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Was kind of expecting Victor to keep Sheila on his household staff.

An excellent summary, Noel!

Thanks for the awesome summary - SO very complete!!

This Adrienne in prison thing is ridiculous! He's gonna keep her even if it is Adrienne so he's not short an inmate!! Please get her out tomorrow!!!
Ridiculous that the prison would keep Adrienne until Bonnie is located. I'm pretty sure that's illegal. Let Adrienne out already! This has dragged on long enough.

Thanks for the explanation DrBakerFan. I hope the writers did their homework and carry this out as you suggest!:)

Back