Days of Our Lives - Wed., Sept. 20, 2017

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Replay of Eric & Nicole's hands touching, them almost kissing, but Nicole backs off, has some errands, going to lunch. Over at Kmansion, Brady comes into the living room, Victor asks if he is responsible for the broken glass, hopes he is not drinking again. No, Brady thought about it, though, which sets Victor off about Nicole. No, not her, Brady goes into this rant about Eric, how Chloe let it slip that Eric has feelings for Nicole. Brady rants, Vic reminds him that Nicole has never indicated she has feelings for Eric. This calms Brady down somewhat, but he wants Nicole out of there. Vic advises to get someone else to do his dirty work for him, not do it himself.

Chloe & Julie both show up for the auction of Club TBD, Julie does her sweet snarking at Chloe, is nosy where Chloe got money, claims she knows how to run a club, Chloe doesn't. Must admit Chloe nicely holds her temper, answers Julie's questions nicely. A few people arrive, including Myron, who evidently got a job with a company in Silicon Valley, took stock options instead of salary, and next day, the stock split or something, he made a bundle. More snarking from him to the two gals....so, o.k. it all makes you smile.

Chad & Abby are in the back of the church, filling out some sort of questionnaire for the priest, starting with members of their families who have been married there. (sorry, this all seems rather contrived, boring, and seems to be just a needless time filler). They do a bit of kissing in the pew, which seems rather inappropriate being they are in the church, but...to each their own.

Over to the hospital, where Lucas wakes up, is in restraints, starts yelling, hollering for help, wants out of there, etc. Eventually Kayla arrives, Kate, Maggie, Jennifer, he is struggling, yelling, he is adamant about wanting out of those restraints. He ignores the explanations that if Kate & Jen had not found him, he would be dead, Kayla says he had alcohol poisoning, Maggie is suggesting a place for rehab. Nope, he is not going to any rehab. Lucas pleads, rants about losing his son, he rants at Maggie for letting Adrienne move in with Justin, at Kate for firing him, he knows this is an intervention, he isn't buying it. His daughter is mentioned, he sadly notes she is with Sami, and now they won't let him even see his granddaughter. (great scenes here). Evidently, restraints are removed, as he is getting dressed, wants out. Kate won't authorize, he notes she has nothing to do with it, he will sign papers for his release, leave him alone, he storms out. The women are all heartbroken at their failure to get through to him.

Nicole tries to call Brandon, wanting to talk, leaves a message. Abe comes up, overheard, asks if he can help.He always considered Nik a member of his family, and her mother was a very dear friend of his. Nicole contemplates, decides to tell him.....she thinks she may have feelings for Eric, just realized it this morning. She talks of the man who came in, his story of how Eric helped, she sees the good Eric does. She even notes that she liked the job at the rectory & this one, helping people, but both were working with Eric, and she wonders if she did not love those jobs because of Eric. She is confused, she does love Brady. Abe tells her that Brady has probably helped her out of a lot of different situations, and she has probably done the same for him. It makes them close. But there is a difference between gratitude, & love. She thanks Abe, goes back to the Center.

Meanwhile, Brady has come storming in to see Eric, knows he has feelings for Nicole, wants Eric to fire her. Eric protests that she does a lot of good there, people come to see HER because she is so good with them, such a help. Brady doesn't care, he accuses Eric of always wanting what he can't have, something about Kristen. Eric protests she drugged him, Brady doesn't care, doesn't care that Eric has never let Nicole know, or done anything. He orders Eric to fire her.

Back at the auction, folks settle in, the flirty auctioneer begins, starting off at $200,000. Chloe bids that, Julie raises, at $225,000 some man goes to $240,000. Both Julie & Chloe are getting nervous, but Myron jumps them all with $400,000. That knocks the 2 gals out, Myron is happy, but they conspire for a few seconds, join forces and bid $500,000. Sold! Myron figures they were fools, he only wanted the club to meet chicks, lol. The women are happy, Julie tries to take over, saying she is an easy boss, but then backs off, changes it to partner. They shake hands, are partners, Julie goes to write her check, Chloe smiles.

Brady returns home, blathers to Victor about ordering Eric to fire Nicole. Vic leaves the room, Brady glances over at the bar, pours himself a drink and down the hatch.

Chad & Abby are home, all happy & cuddly, he wants to take this upstairs. Though she would like to do so, no, she is not going to bed with him NOW.

Nicole returns to the Center, asks how Eric's lunch was...he says productive. She says so was hers. Eric says before they do anything else, he wants to talk to her about something.

I wish Julie's comment to Chloe would've went something like this:

Julie: I'd like to buy this club as a way to give something back to Salem. Because our last gift of Horton the tiger didn't go over so well.

Was nice to have mentions of Brandon and baby Grace, too. Ron Carlivati is definitely doing his homework.

Poor Lucas: His new theme song seems to be: "They Tried to Make Me Go to Rehab, but I Said No, No, No." He ought to keep in mind the sad fate of the singer for whom this song was a big hit, the late Amy Winehouse.

Enterprising Chloe: She should just sit back and wait for Doug and Julie to get tired of running the club. After all, they opened an inn at Martin House with great fanfare, but eventually sold it to Kate, who promptly threw out all the paying guests.

Jealous Brady: Every day in every way he keeps getting worse. Now that Deimos is dead, is he trying to take over the role of the family fool?

"Kindly" Victor: He was atypically tactful with Brady today by failing to bring up Brady's past infatuations with the diabolical Kristen and the erratic Jeannie T. Maybe Maggie's efforts to train him for polite society may be paying off if only just a little.

Crooked Myron: So Deimos' criminal accomplice hit it big with stock options from some tech company. Its background checks must be as non-existent as the typical Salem company. In any case, him running the club might not have turned out so well. Picture the following conversation:

Swinging Salemite No. 1: Hey, do you want to go to TBD? I hear it just reopened.

Swinging Salemite No. 2: Are you kidding? The new owner is Myron Raddatz. He's not only a boring tech nerd, but is also a computer criminal.

Not necessarily. Ron Carlivati (new headwriter) seems to like mentioning past characters or storylines. Like Hattie bringing up that Andre was the Salem Slasher in the 80's and had killed "her" (Marlena's) cousin, Trista Evans. Or Chad mentioning Grace today.

I really wanted to smack Brady today. Seriously, he threw Kristen in Eric's face when that woman drugged and raped him. He's also such a controlling freak towards Nicole. He was never that way with Theresa, Melanie, Arianna, or Madison. He needs to discuss Nicole's feeling about Eric with Nicole herself.

I am also getting annoyed that Lucas is refusing help from his loved ones. I get he is hurt and upset that "Adrienne" dumped him for Justin, but he's taking it out on everyone else that is just trying to help him. I did like that Jennifer brought up Allie to him. He keeps wailing about Will and not seeing his granddaughter, but never brings Allie up.

I loved the auction scene. I figured that in the end, Julie and Chloe would end up being partners, but it was a surprise to find out that Myron was the reason for them joining together.

I am so happy that Ron C. found a story for Chloe to have a legitimate reason to work and stay in Salem. In the past, she's always been on the fringes of society and just visiting at the Salem Inn when she came to town. Now she can be a regular citizen and have Parker in town with her instead of leaving him with Craig and Nancy in New York.

Thanks, Poirot.

I think Chad forgot that Brady and Kristen didn't actually get married at
St Luke's. They almost did. Someone played a video before it happened.

Nice to hear Grace mentioned.

So, Julie and Chloe bought Club TBD. It's going to be interesting to see them
work together.

Great advice Abe gave Nicole. Will Eric fire her before she quits? What
will she tell Brady?

This episode was good all the way around. I enjoyed every scene and every actor. The writing was top notch.

1. Chad and Abigail. Their chemistry is palpable and easy. Such a contrast to Chad and Gabi. Their scenes today were simple but very romantic and showcased how much this couple loves one another. I think I'm finally appreciating the new actress as Abigail. Took nearly a year but it's starting to work for me.

2. Lucas. Wow. His episode with Will a couple of days ago was one of his best episodes in his history on Days. And today's gut-wrenching episode with him restrained to a hospital bed and his utter refusal to accept the help of his family was a foreshadowing that Lucas is free falling to the depths of despair. I'm truly appreciating this actor's work right now as Lucas, and looking forward to what will happen next.

3. Chloe and Julie. Light-hearted fun and both actresses were a delight to watch today. I had a feeling they might partner up. Now it will be interesting what name they will give to the club they bought together. Will Chloe be singing at the club? (I hope so) Hopefully we will get some cool guests to sing at the new club from time to time. Side note: Doug wasn't featured today, but I have really enjoyed seeing him on the show recently and hope to see more of him.

4. Nicole and Abe. It's been a while since these two have had a meaningful conversation. But today made up for it. I loved that Abe was like a father to Nicole. He was nonjudgmental and sincere in his advice. I liked what he said about gratitude and love not being the same. This scene brought me back to 1991 when Marlena and Abe had a very similar conversation. Marlena was asking Abe what to do about her feelings for both John and Roman. Abe told her he loved both men as his friends. Marlena sobbed on his shoulder and said Abe was lucky because he got to love them both.

5. Brady and Victor. Yikes. I loved how Brady was earlier this year when he was with Nicole in Canada. He was not the jealous raving lunatic that he is now. I'm sad that this is who Brady has become. On the other hand, the actor is doing a fantastic job as the jealous and paranoid brother, i am believing his feelings and paranoia. His anger is dangerous, and combined with the alcohol, I foresee a tragedy coming. Either Nicole or Eric or both will suffer the consequences of his wrath. Victor's presence and influence were entertaining as usual. So glad he was involved in the story today.

6. Eric. Is he going to tell Nicole he loves her? Or is he going to fire her? Or be the noble man and leave town? I think this character is always feeling tortured or self-deprecating. Honesty would be the best way to go here. Tell Nicole you love her, Eric. Then let Nicole decide who she wants to be with. But, I suspect that Nicole will not find out about Eric's feelings just yet.

This was a really good, well balanced episode. We need to see this more consistently.

Abby and Chad didn't bother me because I feel like this is the calm before the storm. Let them have some light episodes. I did not however like that pale pink color on Abby. It washes her out. LOL at her reaction to Chad mentioning Sami and EJ.

Chloe and Julie were GOLD together. Why couldn't we have more of this type of thing for humor instead of the doppelgangers? I hope this means both characters are sticking around long term. I kind of like Myron now too. He reminds me of Brian Scofield from the early 90s. Too bad his age range is full of taken men and not a lot of available women.

I'm excited about this new partnership. I hope it also brings Chloe and Brady closer together since he is her backer.

The intervention scenes were good but also seemed a bit over the top. Why was Lucas chained to the bed? Also, why is Kayla being used as a prop?

I really wanted to smack Brady today. Seriously, he threw Kristen in Eric's face when that woman drugged and raped him. He's also such a controlling freak towards Nicole. He was never that way with Theresa, Melanie, Arianna, or Madison. He needs to discuss Nicole's feeling about Eric with Nicole herself.

Agreed on all counts. I also think at this point both Eric and Nicole need to tell Brady off. Nicole is stronger than this after everything she has been through. I'm tired of her thinking she needs Brady's permission to work at a job she loves.

The Nicole/Abe scenes were also terrific and a long time coming.

I think these references to the past are because of consultant, Sherry Anderson, & Ron C is smart enough to listen, pay attention. Viewers like that these things are not forgotten, & still get mentioned

Yes, I have read Ron's interviews, and give him so much credit, as he wanted to watch the clips, so he could know the characters/actors, etc. I doubt that he watched 50 years of episodes, though.

Viewers have complained a lot about never referring to family not on the canvas, to events of the past, which people ordinarily do. So it is a huge plus that things like this are just being mentioned at last, only takes a few seconds, but it is really nice.

I just figured that no one ever gives credit to the consultants (Anderson & Quan) for some of this, but guess I am wrong. Sorry.

Back