Days - Tues., Jan. 5th, 2010

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives

Tuesday, January 05, 2010
Episode #11243 Taped 11/11/09 Director - Grant A. Johnson

Another slow episode, in my opinion, however there IS some story movement, and the invisible but very helpful elves have gone around Salem and taken down all the Christmas decorations…we should be so lucky. LOL.
Bo arrives at Victor’s to pick up Ciara, sees a pile of boxes by the door, asks Hope what is going on, as Justin comes down the stairs, carrying another box, & telling Bo he is moving out. He picks up several of the boxes, goes out the door, telling Bo he will be at the Salem Inn if he needs him. Bo asks what happened, learns Victor kicked him out, and now they have one of those inane conversations that Bo & Hope seem to always have. She thinks Victor told him about the kiss, no it was Vivian, it is not what you are thinking, so what was I thinking, ad nauseum. Hope asks how the two of them got to this place, Bo says that one half of them moved out, wants to know what he could have said/done, etc. She wanted him to say that in the future they would honor her instincts, (meaning do what I say always, lol) he replies about paying and then Ciara gets killed, she rants how does he know that would have happened (and Bo misses the boat by not shooting right back …how does she know that it wouldn’t have happened?). Now they get onto whether Carly coming back perhaps prevented them from ironing things out sooner, Hope complaining that she knows Bo still has feelings for Carly, that all thru the Bo & Hope years…there actually has been a part of him that still belonged to Carly. Finally, (thank heavens) Ciara comes downstairs, ready to go with daddy, and they take off. Justin returns, Hope apologizes for getting him into trouble, has racked her brain trying to think how they could have gotten out of that situation another way, and can’t come up with anything. Yes, Bo know, Viv told him, things are a mess.

Troy meets up with El Creepo, arranging a hit on Arianna, wants it clean and final. Not to worry says El Creepo, it is what I do. Over at the Pub, Gabi comes down, all spiffed up, having forgotten she promised to help Arianna with inventory. They talk of school beginning tomorrow. Gabi gets a call from Chad, who has invited her to have coffee and takes off. Brady arrives, spots the closed til noon sign, but goes in, reminding Arianna she forgot to lock the door. He tells her about visiting Nicole because of a call from a guard, trying to give her a pep talk about trying to recall more about the kidnapper and her voice. Arianna is a bit upset but understanding. Brady gets an idea of having them celebrate New Year’s tonight, all by themselves, dinner, dancing, etc. She agtees, they kiss, Gabi returns. Oops. Brady takes off, Gabi returns with an Epiphany cake mom made for them, they reminisce about family Christmases. El Creepo is outside, upset when he saw Brady inside as Arianna was supposed to be alone, he calls Troy to complain. When Brady leaves, he is all set to go in, when he sees Gabi. Frustrated he goes into hiding again, but Troy calls Arianna, saying he has to see her. Arianna tells Gabit to leave, and now Arianna is doing inventory alone. She is listening to some Latin music, doing a bit of dancing as El Creepo quietly opens the door and slithers in. Her back is to him, he pulls his gun, pointing it at her.

Bo is in Maggie’s kitchen, as Maggie apologizes to him for what happened at Christmas, the family badgering him like that. He is understanding, knows Maggie, Julie & Mrs. H love them and were just trying to get the fences mended, but assures her he has tried and tried and tried with Hope. But it makes no difference to her. Maggie offers coffee, pours them each a cup (I swear that is MY coffeemaker, lol) and starts talking of the New Year’s resolution she & Mickey have made to spend more time together. He has been working so hard, back & forth to Chicago, she too with the restaurant and volunteering, so they are going on one of those cruises Julie brags about. And when they get back both are going to clear time in their schedules for each other, as it is important. Now she quietly advises Bo to perhaps make a few resolutions with Hope, start small, and rebuild their relationship.

Rafe answers a knock at the door to find Brady, who has come to see Sami. Rafe is going to get her, Brady spots a note from Sami who has gone out. Now Brady tells Rafe about going to see Nicole, Rafe blows up, wondering if he posted bail again, talks of how every time they turn around Brady is helping Nicole, hiring lawyers, and they are desperately trying to find Sydney. Brady assures him he was only trying to get Nicole back on track to trying to remember more. He leaves…..and now Tim arrives. And it looks as tho Rafe is Santa’s helper, as he closes the lid on a box of Christmas decorations before opening the door to Tim (the FBI friend) who seems to just stopped by to tell him no new leads on Sydney. Then why are you here, asks Rafe. Well, this is all about Sydney, replies Tim.
Later, Rafe tries to call Sami, leaves a message it is important, to call him right away.

Sami has dashed out, meeting up with EJ, who tells her he got another note from the kidnapper, warning them to follow the instructions and numbers exactly. Lot of code, but they figure out they are supposed to be somewhere at 8:15 a.m. today. More numbers at the bottom, she wants to call Rafe, EJ forbids her calling her “bloody boyfriend”, decides he knows what the numbers and letters could be, latitude and longitude, puts them into his GPS, and bingo, they are down on the docks (where else) with 2 minutes to spare. They spot a yellow ribbons tied around a pole (and what if someone else had found this stupid thing out in public)….and EJ pulls at the long tail of ribbon to find a sack with a cell phone inside. Sami has been in panic mode for sometime, now wonders who they are to call, when bingo….it rings, EJ answers, puts on the speaker phone. Anna wants to talk to the mother, uses a voice disguise as an hysterical Sami wants to know how she could take Sydney, yada, yada. EJ is telling her to calm down, she tries. Anna says the note was to the father, but now all future negotiations are to be with her. And if she says it once, she says it half dozen times to tell no one. She mentions Sami’s former FBI boyfriend in particular, just as Sami’s phone begins to ring, and she sees it is Rafe, ignores it, promises for the umpteenth time to tell no one, As Anna then demands the ransom, 5 million in small bills, they have one day. Sami wants to be sure Sydney is o.k. Anna takes off the voice disguise, letting Sami hear Sydney babbling away. End of conversation. EJ holds her, promising to get the money and Sydney, and all is going to be o.k.

A depressed & upset Sami returns home, looks at Sydney’s picture and begins to tear up. Rafe comes up, bursting to tell Sami something, sees the look on her face. She is about to tell him what happened, he gets a call. She mutters she has something to tell him, too.
EJ is on the phone with his stock broker, wanting 5 million in cash by the time he gets there or he takes his business elsewhere. He gets another call…seems shocked…says yells WHAT? How? That is impossible.

Barb

Thanks for the write up Barb.
This kidnapper thing sounds fishie to me. How would Anna know about Sami's FBI boyfriend? That sounds like EJ talking to me. Maybe this is the writing on the wall.

Thanks for the write-up Barb.

Well, with GPS coordinates, cell phone tied to the pier, all proves to me that Anna is not the brains of this kidnapping operation. Don't get me wrong, I have always loved Anna, but she couldn't have pulled off this scheme. No way, not by herself, or with gofers working for her & following her orders.

Man o man, it's so obvious that EJ is the head of the kidnapping scheme that maybe it isn't EJ, you know, just too dang obvious...!!?? :duh:

Another "almost" Sami telling Rafe.....almost......

So who breaks up the shooting of Arianna...?? I tell ya, they need to give a hit man seminar in Salem cause they just aren't very good.....

Thanks for the write up Poirot...!!!

Oh, I tell ya, it is becoming more and more apparent that Anna's cohort has just got to be EJ! Today, when Sami becomes insistent on calling Rafe, he shuts her down with the threat of Sydney being killed. And Anna, on the phone, to Sami.......talking of "mother to mother", responding to Sami's query of how could a mother do this to a baby........"well, you have been guilty of quite a few dastardly deeds yourself, haven't you?"

WOW!!!! Sounds like an intersting show. Hope they wrap up this storyline with Anna and the kidnapping real soon! I would really like to know why Anna took the baby, other than she didn't want her raised a DiMera.

The phone calls

"Tim (the FBI friend) who seems to just stopped by to tell him no new leads on Sydney. Then why are you here, asks Rafe. Well, this is all about Sydney, replies Tim.
Later, Rafe tries to call Sami, leaves a message it is important, to call him right away."

What does Tim have to say that merits a visit to Rafe? Is it another "there are no new leads" or is it something new, that Rafe calls to say there is something important?

And what about EJ's call and his startled, upset it seemed, reply. What's that all about?

So who breaks up the shooting of Arianna...?? I tell ya, they need to give a hit man seminar in Salem cause they just aren't very good.....

And, the one who should run the seminar (if he's still alive) is the one recent successful hit, the guy who got his man ... the mayor.:)

I think that guy is dead, too. Hope shot him.

Thanks for the great write up, Barb! I think I am the lone soul here as everyone seems to think EJ is the co-SIDnapper. I'm wondering ... why would he do that? What are the benefits to him? :)

Hugs,
Cathy

Just saw the Anna Sami scene---EJ has to be in on it or why wouldn't Anna use the voice disguise when EJ answers! Oh--please let it be over --soon!!!

I hated the scene with EJ holding a sobbing Sami. If he's behind the kidnapping scheme, it's so slimey and disgusting of him. And when and if she finds out, she's going to be completely disgusted with him, causing her to dislike him even more than she already does. I cannot fathom how this would end well for him if this is the case.

Thanks for the write-up Barb.

Well, with GPS coordinates, cell phone tied to the pier, all proves to me that Anna is not the brains of this kidnapping operation. Don't get me wrong, I have always loved Anna, but she couldn't have pulled off this scheme. No way, not by herself, or with gofers working for her & following her orders.

LOL! that's for sure! Hey...at the very beginning of the phone call when EJ answers the phone....check to see if ol' Anna has the voice distortion device on while she is talking to him...okay?:rolleyes:

Rew--we hear her say something like let me talk to the mother--no muffeled voice.--Oh--I missed to see if the device is on--don't think it was.

Rew--we hear her say something like let me talk to the mother--no muffeled voice.--Oh--I missed to see if the device is on--don't think it was.

AHA!!!!!!!:idea: so she doesn't feel the need to cover her voice with EJ...but with Sami only? Me thinks I smell a RAT!!!!!
100_3360-1.jpg

EJ is a RATFINK!

Impossible to tell.......her hands are covering the phone when she is talking to EJ.

The scene goes back and forth with Anna.....and EJ/Sami. When we see Anna, she is talking in her normal voice. When the scene is EJ/Sami, it is the voice disguise. The only time we see the device really is when she is getting ready to put the phone down by Sydney, and she takes it out.

If Anna was in cahoots with EJ, and was talking 'normally' to him,
then why would she say "let me speak to 'the mother'"? Why not just say, "let me talk to Sami"??

Back