SPOILER !! Daytime Confidential reports actress leaving

I think Abby and Chad have been made to be this whole big love story. I would prefer they both leave or a recast. If Chad does stay I do not want him with Gabi. He's chosen other women over Gabi a few times. It's time to move on, Gabi deserves to be treated better.

Sorry to hear the possible departure of Marci Miller (Abby). Although the chemistry with Chad was a bit weak, she did a fantastic job with her role. Never was a fan of Kate Mansi (former Abby), so I’m really hoping it’s only a rumor.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought Kate Mansi (former Abby) was weird cast for Jack and Jen's daughter.

Short term to me shows that possibility Chad and Abigail likely will leave Salem together in time. Kate Mansi (former Abby) is returning this summer as Abby it says. I'm fine with Chad and Abby leaving Salem, they been fixated on for the past 2 to 3 years now. Let's fixate on a different couple!

Chad and Abby have definitely been eating the show for a while now. That said, they are also the only younger couple that the show has vested in over the past 2-3 years so I think losing them is a big deal. It will likely create an even bigger issue than Sami and EJ leaving did due to the lack of strong characters in the 20-40 range right now.

There has to be more to all this than we will ever see in the media.

Completely agree. I'm still stunned by this news 3 days later. Never saw it coming. And lots of things don't make sense here.

I do wonder if the show is still trying to keep Kate Mansi (Abby) long term. I also find it interesting that the show hasn't released any official statements nor have any actors other than Lamon Archey (Eli) commented on it. That's not the norm.

I'm sad to see Marci Miller (Abby) go. She really came into her own with this DID story and I've loved the scenes with Chad and Abby the past couple weeks. The chemistry and emotional connection are finally back.

I thought Marci Miller (Abby) did an excellent job with the multiple personality syndrome storyline. I try to picture Kate Mansi (former Abby) in that role having "D.I.D" and wearing the black wig and seductive dress, it wouldn't seem so much like much a change from the way Kate Mansi portrays Abby in comparison to the major contrast Marci Miller gives.

I guess with her being responsible for murdering Andre, they can write her off (again) and another actress taking over eventually.

I have just a few things to say about this.

A) I love both Kate Mansi (former Abby) and Marci Miller (Abby).

B) Marci has done a phenomenal performance with this difficult role she was written. VERY good job, Marci!

C) I wish Marci the best. HOWEVER, I wish for her next gig to have a better makeup department. Days sure liked to make her face look super red compared to the rest of her body, and it bothered me tremendously. Marci is beautiful, so I blame Days make up people. I will say, Marci really looked the part the best. She sure looked like she could be the daughter of Jennifer and Jack. At least I thought so anyway. She also looked like she could real life be a sister to the young man that plays JJ.

D) Looking forward to seeing Kate Mansi on my screen again for a bit while we find the next girl to play Abby.

Admittedly, it was nice when Marcus was able to fit Steve with a glass eye, but then his eye socket was so badly torn up, that supposedly it could no longer take holding a glass eye in place.

But then, medicine has made such strides. Once upon a time, there was no such thing as a heart transplant, and now they not only can reattach a severed finger/hand.......then can actually transplant a HAND!!

One never knows. Bet there is some kind of plastic surgery that would "fix" that eye socket. :)

She said to pursue other acting venues.......prime time, movies, etc. But that seems to be the "reason" given whenever an actor decides to leave. In the last few years, it was Freddie Smith (Sonny), Kate Mansi (Abby), Camilla Banus (Gabi), Jen Lilley (Theresa), Casey Diedrich (Chad), Jay Kenneth Johnson (Philip), Alison Sweeney (Sami), ....and more. Every one giving the same reason. Sometimes, an actor just gets burnt out in a role, like James Scott (EJ) did....so they just want a rest from it.

And obviously, since some actors get asked back and refuse....they really were no longer interested in returning.

Back