Daytime Emmy nominations tomorrow; awards to air on CBS primetime June 26

Yep, that is why I stopped watching award shows. Same reason.

However, The daytime Emmys have not been on TV for several years now, & inasmuch as there is no studio audience, winners are at home, etc. not sure how this will go over. CBS probably figured they'd go with it, as not a rerun, since they have no new episodes of any shows, and are running out of reruns. (gosh, what will they do during summer? Ha.)

I think it's not even going to be really "live" since there was an article that said that all of the speeches have been recorded, so all they will do is play a clip they already have. I feel bad for people who had to record something in case they win and then not win. Getting all dressed up, if that's what they did. Who knows - they could be in sweats.

Still debating whether to watch or not. I don't like award shows when the speeches veer off to subjects other than their work and thank yous.

redsquirrel, I stopped watching pretty much everything due to the political crap that most actors spew. My theory is the actors are getting paid the big bucks to entertain us. I couldn't give a diddlypoo about their political views. They have no idea whatsoever how normal income families live or what they think politically. They live in a totally different monetary world than we do. Their income and life are our fantasies.

CONGRATULATIONS TO OLIVIA ROSE KEEGAN (Claire), DAYTIME EMMY AWARD WINNER FOR YOUNGER PERFORMER!

105848094_1815523651923234_7710238773624827947_n.jpg

Olivia becomes just the 2nd "Days" actress to win a younger actress Emmy, joining True O'Brien (Paige), who won in 2016.

CONGRATULATIONS TO MATTHEW ASHFORD (Jack), BRANDON BEEMER (Shawn) & MARY BETH EVANS (Kayla) FOR THEIR DAYTIME EMMY WINS AS PRODUCERS OF DIGITAL DRAMA SERIES WINNER "THE BAY".

106440603_1815600281915571_2569395642561238454_n.jpg

This is the 4th Daytime Emmy Award for Matthew Ashford (Jack). He has won all four for producing "The Bay."

This is the 1st Daytime Emmy Award for Brandon Beemer (Shawn).

This is the 8th Daytime Emmy Award for Mary Beth Evans (Kayla). She has won Lead Actress for her role as Kayla on "Days" in 2016, two for her acting role on "The Bay", and five for producing "The Bay."

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE "DAYS" MUSIC TEAM FOR ITS WIN, OUTSTANDING MUSIC DIRECTION AND COMPOSITION FOR A DRAMA OR DIGITAL DRAMA SERIES!

106274781_1815609635247969_1213558542102450940_n.jpg

This is the sixth time "Days" has won in this category (1990, 1997, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020). The "Days" music team won for the music in Episode # 13740 (originally aired 12/10/19)

Pictured from a previous Emmy win (left to right): Steve Reinhardt, Brent Nelson, Ken Corday and Paul Antonelli.

This is the 9th Daytime Emmy for Ken Corday, a "Days" record he continues to hold. Brent Nelson and Steve Reinhardt wins their 5th Emmys for "Days", tied for 2nd-place for most-ever Emmys won for "Days." Paul Antonelli wins his 4th Emmy for "Days."

Days of Our Lives NBC
Music Supervisors
Paul Antonelli, Steve Reinhardt
Composers
Ken Corday, D. Brent Nelson

Here's the recap of Episode # 13740: Lani makes a huge appeal to JJ, based on their history, to spare Kristen. Eli is affected when Lani states nothing is harder than the loss of a child. Jennifer’s on the verge of remembering what happened the night she was pushed off the terrace balcony. Abigail asks if she remembers who pusher her. Before she can answer, they are interrupted by “Hope” and Jack. Jennifer faints. Jack tends to his wife as Hope and Abigail square off. Chad refuses to move out of the mansion despite Gabi’s threats. Meanwhile, Kate and Stefano recall the day he enlisted her as his ally.

Back