Departing...arriving part 12

I like the fact that he is recurring and we don't see him all that much. That's what we need for the Commissioner position at the Salem PD or the CEO positions at DiMera or Titan. I don't like our regular characters to play those parts.

Gwen will probably go to prison for a few minutes and then escape or be released on some stupid technicality. I don't see how she can be redeemed after all the evil things she has done. I can't imagine what they could do with the character after this, but it is Salem after all!

I really liked Gwen before the idiots in charge trashed her with the Sarah and Laura mess. I still have mixed feelings about her. Like you said JasonDi basically "Look at the rest of them!"

Gwen is in a league of her own. From the lst when she hit town, she has been lying, manipulating, blackmailing, assaulting, & murdering. She left Jake, stealing some book, faked a breakdown to get sent to Bayview, (she needed to hide). Befriending Claire, she prodded her to tell all about the various family members. Claire gets released, Gwen manipulated releases for herself, meets John & Marlena, who let her stay. She returns the book to Jake, as it's owner was pestering Jake. Gwen has met most of Salem's characters, is at odds with Abby, stays friends with Claire, but with Gabi thinking Jake was her late husband Stefan, Gwen is on the outs with her. But Jake is a twin, claims his DiMera heirship, they move into DiMansion, Gwen makes deal with Chad against Gabi wanting to lay claim to DiMera's fortunes. Jake & Gabi get together, Gwen gets mad, Abby returns home....Sparks are flying everywhere, all negative. Now it comes out Gwen drugged Abby, got her sent to Bayview, out of the way. And that Gwen is Jack's unknown daughter, that Gwen's mom tried to see Jack, but Laura Horton paid her off to leave. When Laura tried to see Gwen to apologize, she ended up dead. Blunt force trauma. Gwen says accident, is believed. When Gwen finds out Jack slept with Kate when Jen was in a coma, Gwen gets Abigail drunk, and manipulates her into spilling it all in public. She used Chad's jealousy of Jake to make him think Abby was having affair, and then it all ends up with the drunk Chad having sex with Gwen on NY's eve. She first blackmailed Chad to let her stay in mansion, but of course told Abby. And when Abby learned from Rolf about Gwen drugging her & confront Gwen, she smirked about no one believing Rolf, Abby slapped Gwen who got a red eye. And so Gwen put make up on to fake a blackeye, accusing Abby of assault. Chad visited Gwen, wiped off the makeup, another Gwen lie comes out. And of course, Gwen is pregnant, Abby furious, Gwen miscarries, but before she can let Chad know, she gets into it with Abby, Gwen falls down the stairs, lying as she iuses this to claim Abby caused her NOW to miscarry. And this sets up blackmail by her Dr. Snyder to make her run drugs for him. Yep, pick up and deliver. When Xander learns, he talks to Snyder, wanting him to confess, while holding a knife to his throat. Alas, Snyder has heart attack, dies, Xander & Gwen throw his body in the lake. At one point, she was plotting to seduce a judge, in order to get case dismissed. And thus it all leads to learning of Kristen's kidnapping of Sarah, putting her on the island, Ava getting involved, Gwen knocking Abby out, she is on the island, escapes, gets Sarah back, And now Gwen switches the antidote with the drug left over from when she drugged Abby......& Sarah has the mentality of a tyke. And this is all a drop in the bucket with Gwen. Her lies, plots, manipulating changed or lost the lives of more than just one person.
Very definitely MORE than just a mere poisoner.

Gwen is not the most evil person out there despite the horrible things she's done. Don't get me wrong, I love Xander and the actor who plays him, but Xander himself has done a lot of bad things over the years. Yes,, he's slowly redeemed himself over the past few years but remember, he locked Eric and Nicole in the furnace and turned up the heat to let them die. He let Nicole think Holly was dead. He also locked Nicole in a cage. He took Rachel as an infant and gave her to Sarah so that Sarah spent a year thinkin that was her daughter, allowing Brady (and Kristen though I don't feel as sorry for her) to think their daughter died at birth. He left Chloe in Mexico and only took Theresa back to Salem.

Did any of us expect Ben to come back as a good guy after he killed Will and those women when he was the Necktie Killer? Yes, Will was revived, but Serena, Paige, and Wendy remain dead.

As others pointed out, even the good people of Salem has done horrible things and gets a pass.

I do think what Gwen has done is appalling and she needs to be punished, but she has not been around long enough to be redeemed. If the writers want to redeem her, they will show her slowly changing. Of course, I have zero hope that ReRon could write a decent story about her redemption but one can hope a new writer could turn it around.

Actually, when Xander told Gwen she was the worst person he has ever known.....I said aloud.....what, did you forget about your Uncle Victor? (And Jen, that storyline with Eric & Nicole being slowly roasted via Xander was so well done, and one I will never forget. ) Oh, yes, thru the years, various Salemites were down and dirty, (& at times, getting others to do the dastardly deeds, so their own hands were clean, & the doers were quickly sent out of town with big bucks). Stefano, Victor, Andre...all masters at it.

Xander has tried to kill a few people. He locked up both Eric and Nicole and then on a separate occasion Gabi and (I think) Abigail in a similar situation.

That being said, I understand his "worst person" comment in the moment. He'd just learned that she looked him in the eye and said the most hurtful things she could to him, using all the things he'd told her to twist the knife, and also given Sarah a second shot of a brain melting poison—all while pretending to love him and be redeemed.

Anyone on this show can be redeemed (though I think it's harder these days to sell the idea of rapists coming back from the dark side). I believe Ben is now a good person. I believe Xander has heart. I was a fan of a basically redeemed but troubled Gwen right up until she knocked Abigail over the head. This latest bit with Sarah and the syringes cranks up her villain status. It's like when Gabi hijacked Julie's heart. It goes from making horrible mistakes to straight villainy. I still (most of the time) like Gabi. I could probably like Gwen again. Both are less annoying than Abigail who, while 100% right today, enjoyed publicly slamming Gwen more than she cared about how much this hurt Xander. That was pretty nasty. Of late, he's been very nice to her, and he's the reason anyone went looking for Sarah in the first place. I get tired of Abigail being positioned as a sweet and saintly. She's a nasty piece of work when she wants something.

Guess Kayla won't be out of a job for long..... unless Tripp gets the job....

I'm glad the actor was able to make time to return to Salem for this dumpster fire of a story line..... Hope he was able to get a house payment or two out of it or keep his equity health insurance intact.....

Interesting. I didn't think they needed to bring back either of this couple. I guess Leo is staying around for a while. Nancy, too?

But flimsy reason. Kayla, as Chief of Staff was fired "for not firing Dr. Marlena Evans", Craig is put into the position, but neither does he fire Marlena. However, he retains....LOLOL.

Probably was Kayla's turn to be "rested", but they could have just had her (and Steve) go visit one of their kids.............& the asst. could have taken over......you know, like the temporary police commissioner did in the cop shop. :)

Or they could just not show Kayla on screen for a while. Firing her doesn't mean she leaves town. The two things are unrelated.

Put me down for being perfectly happy to trade Leo for the Devil. Leo is way more entertaining, and his presence doesn't require me to rework the mystical rules of Salem every 10 minutes.

Back