Departing...arriving part 12

ReRon makes this garbage up as he goes along to whatever situation he wants, regardless of what he said five minutes ago.
Boy, no truer words. Yep, consistency is something ReRon doesn't comprehend.
But then again, he also is unable to keep 2 or 3 stories going at once. For instance....we have all commented on how badly Tony treated Anna when Sarah was thinking she was "Renee". But Sarah went from there, to being 5 years old.......and both Tony & Anna disappeared. What happened when they got home, did they have conversation about it....did Anna let him know how upset she was.?
And....evidently I missed it......but Nicole came into Pub asking for a drink, Eric shows up, back in town for a visit........and then..............nada!! I guess I did, because next I know he is talking with Belle.
Now I really like Eric, and I have dealt with some very young priests (my current one is 38!) & yes, they do appear without a collar easily. But when Eric showed up mixing drinks behind the bar at the Pub..........I was picturing some guy coming in, hoping to score, and there is this guy in a priest collar serving him. Am glad the writers had Eric say he can appear without collar.
I truly detest that Jack is supposedly Gwen's father....but now there she is, having caused all kinds of dastardly problems, & the formerly very smart Jack is oblivious to even the idea she might be involved.
You know, we get info quickly, easily by googling, internet does have a lot of correct info........why is it that the writers on Days don't seem to bother doing so? They seem to be of a mindset that ...who cares, if we write it, they will accept it.

How about organizing an exorcism for ReRunRon? He needs one as much if not more than Allie does.

Poirot, my priest is the same age as my son, 52. He came to the hospital to anoint my husband in shorts, and flip-flops. He is by far, the holiest man I have ever known, even if he is a bit unorthodox at times. I like Eric, but he doesn't seem to be a priest at heart.

I would tend to agree with that observation. While Eric seem to want to "help" people, it doesn't seem to be as a priest. The thing is, once a priest, he cannot deny he is one. The sacrament of Holy Orders, is a sacrament like Baptism, Confirmation, Eucharist, Reconciliation, Anointing of the Sick, Matrimony, and Holy Orders.
Cannot be taken away. Oh, one can be suspended, or no longer following the precepts of whatever the sacrament.........but he will always be a priest. And I have no idea how he was able to be married and then divorced........as priests take a vow of celibacy.
So far, the saintly Eric, became a priest, got married, divorced, left his wife to "help" some people in Africa, and not just once. (just an aside, but there are many areas in the U.S. that need and could "help")
As much as I like the actor, the character of Eric has been ruined. Now that Eric is back in Salem for a long period, I sincerely hope he is brought back to being a decent man.

I think the only reason they had Eric return to the priesthood is because it's an attempt to keep him a nice guy. Dude leaves his new wife to go help the helpless which he could do anywhere or for any length of time. This makes it like there was much more to the calling. It's really pretty absurd and I'd say why they should have some idea of what time commitment actors want, but I'm guessing they don't really care. I also think they have some weird idea that bringing people back helps with ratings.

I am not an Eric fan. He was not nice to Nicole and did not show compassion and caring for her when she needed it.
He was a miserable human being for a while.
Then ta-da he's a priest.... hog wash.... then he's married.... then he's a priest.... flip flop like a fish out of water.
Eric can take a hike as far as I'm concerned even though the actor is so darn cute.
The Eric & Nicole Ship has sailed for me.

I would tend to agree with that observation. While Eric seem to want to "help" people, it doesn't seem to be as a priest. The thing is, once a priest, he cannot deny he is one. The sacrament of Holy Orders, is a sacrament like Baptism, Confirmation, Eucharist, Reconciliation, Anointing of the Sick, Matrimony, and Holy Orders.
Cannot be taken away. Oh, one can be suspended, or no longer following the precepts of whatever the sacrament.........but he will always be a priest. And I have no idea how he was able to be married and then divorced........as priests take a vow of celibacy.
So far, the saintly Eric, became a priest, got married, divorced, left his wife to "help" some people in Africa, and not just once. (just an aside, but there are many areas in the U.S. that need and could "help")
As much as I like the actor, the character of Eric has been ruined. Now that Eric is back in Salem for a long period, I sincerely hope he is brought back to being a decent man.
Second bold is from Nanahl: Have they ever really said that Eric is a CATHOLIC Priest. Clergy in Episcopal and some other denominations are called Priest but do not take the vow of celibacy. Many of those marry. I've known one who was divorced and remarried. I realize it often shows the Chapel/Church with crucifix, statue of Mary, etc, but non Catholics also can have those. Anyone else have a thought?

I cannot remember a religion being named........but we had Marie become a nun, convents and seminaries have been mentioned in the past. Rosaries are used at times.
It seems over the years, the Bradys have been portrayed (when necessary) as Catholic, and the Hortons as Protestant. Both families are not all that religious. Caroline was, but cannot think of anyone else who has been.

We have nuns, convents and seminaries in the orthodox religion also, but you can bet your booty that the Bradys and Hortons are not Greek Orthodox!
The Kiriakis clan is another story!

Back