Departing...arriving part 12

For me, the credits are very tiny, and whiz thru at bottom, while, yes, commercial is being show on screen.
Am guessing there is some significance to the order, since recurring is always at bottom. Maybe vets are given priority or something????
Interesting that Jay Johnson (Philip) has been listed for the past 6 weeks or so, but has not appeared. Perhaps that is how much more time was left on his contract?? Or perhaps there were scenes that were cut????

admittedly wasn't watching back then, but yes, one male character went to mail a letter, never to be seen again, one went upstairs (we keep thinking he is living in the attic perhaps, lol). Then there is Dr. Baker, who went on rounds years ago, and has never returned. I remember that one, as he had a rather sly look, it was a closeup, as he said he's goin' on rounds now.

Then there is Dr. Baker, who went on rounds years ago, and has never returned. I remember that one, as he had a rather sly look, it was a closeup, as he said he's goin' on rounds now.
That was Neil Curtis who went on rounds and was never seen again. Once Sarah returned, he was mentioned a few times, but in the past tense (as in "Neil would've been proud of you"), which sounds like he's now gone.

Dr. Baker is in prison, although the actor who played him unexpectedly died a couple years ago in real life.

Nathan went upstairs in the Horton house, after Maggie or Julie gave him Tom's medical bag and that was the last we saw of him (it was said he was taking a job in a Boston hospital).

We often joke that Tommy Horton is living in the attic, although the last time he was mentioned, he was in Hawaii.

Bill Horton was working at a clinic in Africa and died there.

Don Craig was the one who went to mail letter and never returned.

Marie Horton moved close to Jessica and Joshua, somewhere in the east.

Yep, thank you JS...........you are absolutely right.....it WAS Neil Curtis. LOL, (I did remember it was Nathan who went upstairs, but thought perhaps I was wrong.)

In re: Marie.....she did become a nun, but seems to either have left the convent, or else they are allowed to wear regular clothing, as she has returned a time or two but not in usual nun attire.

I think perhaps I have lost a few memory cells, lolol.

From what I've gathered from previous 47 comments, there is a significance to the positioning - like seniority. Camila Banus's position, and Sal Stowers', are based on their most recent start dates, and they were at one point behind characters created/debuting after them. And anyone on contract is before recurring in the credits. It's unusual for someone to "return" and be granted a higher "rank" in the credits.

So I hope there is some significance, but it could just be the usual Days inconsistency.

When I worked live theatre..... positioning in the Playbill was a contractual nightmare...... I didn't care so I was towards the back always finding it amusing that I had to change my "bio" for each of the 4 shows I worked. But for those who planned on making Theatre their life, where they were in the Production crew was a very important matter to them. I didn't deal with the actors on their placement. But credit is important.

Back