Departing...arriving part 13

Ugh they flat out say dead doesn't mean dead. And also they obviously can't continue with the character because there are only two actresses in the entire world who can play her but her recast mother will be there. Seriously, I'd have preferred that on Monday we got "Abigail is now being played by..." and that's it.

Part of the issue is how many times they’ve disappeared Abigail—including her recent island adventure. I like a non-death death better than having her kidnapped and sending fake texts that everyone should know are fake, which they’ve done too much recently, or Abigail having another mental breakdown or breaking up with Chad and leaving with or without her kids again. A temporary recast is already tricky because they’re rotating Abigails as it is. At least this creates a mystery (versus her “dying” in another plane crash or whatever the story was when Gabi and Chad became an item). None of it is ideal, but I don’t blame actors for not wanting to commit to the show.

Per Ron Carlivoti:
“Even though they’re fictional, it hurts anytime we kill somebody.”
So why kill off David Banning, Bill Horton and Laura Horton?? I get that people die in real life, but there was no reason to kill those characters; not like they were on-screen and eating up airtime (except Laura, right before her death).
Carlivati notes, “but there is always that possibility that death is not permanent, especially on a soap opera and especially in Salem.
In other words, expect her back as soon as they hire a new actress.

They should've just started their hunt for a replacement as soon as Marci Miller notified them she couldn't continue full time.

I understand actors wanting time off or wanting to leave altogether. I agree with Just Samantha that they should have just replaced her and gone ahead with the show. Some replacements I can get used to, others not so much. The one who is playing Jennifer is doing a fine job but I don't think I'll ever see her as Jennifer. Still, I'd rather see her there than to have the character killed off. Watching people grieve is not entertaining for me. Besides, I can't think of much use for Chad without Abigail. What's he going to do, catch Gabi the next time one of her schemes in love fails?

Speaking of departing, I read a RUMOR that Ben, Ciara and Baby Bo will sail off in a new Fancy Face boat, like Bo and Hope did with Baby Shawn-D back in the day, and Days will have Robert Scott Wilson (Ben) return to Salem as a different character. The reasoning was that there was no plausible way to have Ciara and Baby Bo gone from Salem and Ben return without them, since he'd have no real storyline. Again, it's a RUMOR.

I saw that RUMOR also.... while I can see the family leave.... it makes sense they don't do much these days....

aside from that rumor....

I can't believe that what we've been viewing had an outline that was shown to the SUITS in charge and they thought "WOW" this is great, yes you can have two more years as this is fantastic.....

Back