Departing...arriving part 13

Does anyone know why Melissa Reeves (Jennifer) chose not to return for this arc since she just was on for the debacle of a wedding for Gwen and Xander?

Have read, cannot remember where, that we will be losing some other characters/couples in the next few weeks, as well as Eli & Lani. Abby is already gone, Ciara wants out.....so she & Ben will leave..........but supposedly Robert Scott Wilson will be returning later, as another different character. I think a Kiriakis, Justin's son...Alex. NO OFFICIAL CONFIRMATION YET. SO just bide our time, and see what happens.

But coming in, will be Stephanie & Joey, (Patch & Kayla's grown up kids...the ones that Tripp went to visit) Yep, gonna be a bit of shaking up going on.

Robert Scott Wilson will be returning later, as another different character. I think a Kiriakis, Justin's son...Alex. NO OFFICIAL CONFIRMATION YET.

If that happens and Ben and Ciara and Baby Bo return to Salem for whatever reason, Robert gets to be Ben on MWF and new guy on Tues, Thurs, he will get to stretch his acting chops......

Or are they just assuming they won't get renewed so it won't matter?

Well, they already got a 2 year renewal, which currently will take them thru Sept. 2023.
IF (& that is a big IF) they do cast Wilson as a different character, it would not be the first time. Kyle Lowden played Brady Black for a period of time, left the show, and returned as Rex Brady. And then Josh Taylor played Chris Kostichek for some time, , was written out, returning later to play Roman Brady.
They could've just recast Ciara, but for whatever reason, decided to go another route.

Tamara Braun was Ava, returned for a bit as Taylor (Nicole's sister), left with Quinn Hudson (Vivian's first son), then returned as Ava.

Wayne Northrop was original-recipe Roman Brady, then returned as Alex North.

So I could buy Robert Scott Wilson (Ben) as another character. Would be nice if the rumor is true and he returns as Alex Kiriakis (Justin's son with Anjelica Deveraux, but raised by Adrienne).

Back